'???????' YouTube video at noon on 10th October

Paul.Uni

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, kernowtim said:

Reviving the Hornby tinplate O gauge range, and the Bassett - Lowke live steam models! 

Or maybe a live steam Stephenson's Rocket in 3 1/2 inch gauge.. 

Reintroducing their 3.5 inch Rocket would get a tick in the box for me. 

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Darius43 said:

Perhaps it’s the production synchronised steam effect loco that was seen in early prototype form on the tv series.

Cheers

Darius

according to SK, the P2 steam fitted loco will be with us in Dec which suggests its all done and been packed onto boats unless you are referring to something else

To please many posters - an announcement that they've finally seen the error of their ways and decided to close down, with everything half price in the closin g down sale..

More reallistically 

8 hours ago, woodenhead said:

TT A3 as hinted by Accurascale earlier in the week perhaps....

I've been convinced someone else was going to make a major TT-120 announcement. What we've seen so far looks very much like the follow up and support announcements, but without the core player

Hornby have Continental TT interests, there is history, and they have no British N interests. They are certainly a candidate for the Main Player in British TT-120. And here is a major announcement.....

Given Peco's trailers I would expect a GWR loco to be in the mix too . A Pannier could be done as 57xx and 8750 flavours - effectively two locos with one suite of tooling

We shall see...

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1

37 minutes ago, CB Rail said:

Hi All,

I reckon it could be the start of many ‘Flying Scotsman’ as the centenary approaches next year.

Will see what happens but if this doesn’t appear now be prepared for numerous versions soon especially as they have their new tooling.

It is also 4073 Caerphilly Castle centenary. Double presentation set with a mug and plate.

Mike Wiltshire

I think it will be an historical loco, around a film Hornby is making, about a group of enthusiasts trying to save a branch line, and who use a vintage loco. It will be Sanspareil and will be in a film pack called The Thunderfield Titbolt.

• Funny 5

12 hours ago, jonnyuk said:

according to SK, the P2 steam fitted loco will be with us in Dec which suggests its all done and been packed onto boats unless you are referring to something else

Leaving aside some of the more way out suggestions, I think you might be on to something. It could be a production sample or decorated EP of one of the big steamers Hornby is working on. Turbomotive or a P2. Big Bertha or the Caprotti Black 5 are outside possibilities.

• RMweb Premium

What have Hornby got in the ancient tooling cupboard that could be dragged out, the tagline line 'return of an old and much requested favourite' added and then served up for hundreds of quid that has a new tooling version just or about to be announced by a rival manufacturer?

Perhaps it is the return of the sandpaper sound mechanism or the naff 1970's glowing firebox feature. 

Edited by John M Upton
  • Funny 1