Forum issues.

• RMweb Premium

Given what happened last time I said things looked normal, my fingers are tightly crossed as I type this to say the site is working well for me as things stand.

Many thanks for all your efforts Andy Y. 

Regards,

John           

• Agree 11

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, AY Mod said:

That may be down to an understanding, or not, within the business as to what constitutes a trade advert and is still being checked through. That's a 'house' advert for a caravan show organised by Warners and I clarified in a meeting the other day that such ads are not a trade ad for RMweb.

Yes, it gets difficult sometimes in defining 'trade', when some people see it as 'corporate'!

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, RedgateModels said:

got to say the site is positively nipping along now. I did log out to see how it was for freebie users, much slower, probably due to all the ads loading etc. Another reason to subscribe 😉

Yes, it's amazing how quickly the site loads, without the ads. Those who for personal reasons don't subscribe are unaware of the difference.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, AY Mod said:

As all seems to be bedding in OK now I have moved all Gold members onto the Default RMweb 2021 theme.

If you are Gold or Premium and are still seeing any ads (apart from model trade) your usergroup may not be correctly set up; can you please clear any cookies/history/cache and log in to the integration page here http://www.rmweb.uk/rmweb-integration.php so that I narrow down any issues.

I'm getting a Rapido advert at the top of the page, I don't remember seeing anything there before?

Screenshot_20230121-110905.png.18816569e51821391ddbb49a0f27ce07.png

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, tractionman said:

I'm getting a Rapido advert at the top of the page, I don't remember seeing anything there before?

Screenshot_20230121-110905.png.18816569e51821391ddbb49a0f27ce07.png

Yes, modelling trade ads are now showing to all Gold and Premium users as originally intended.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium

Andy,

more for information than a real gripe - but it may be a pointer to an issue that does need to be addressed.

On leaving the site, I mark everything as read.  When I next book in, I go to "View New Content" and work on from there.

Until a few days ago, clicking on a topic would bring me to the point in the thread precisely at the start of the new post with the line "unread replies" at the top of the screen.

Now I land somewhere close to that.  Often with a couple of posts already read showing and sometimes well into the unread section.

I think this coincided with the video presentations appearing in the main text as well as in a small box to the side of the page - but that may just be mis-remembering. 

I am using W10 and Edge on a laptop if that has any relevance.   

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Andy Hayter said:

Until a few days ago, clicking on a topic would bring me to the point in the thread precisely at the start of the new post with the line "unread replies" at the top of the screen.

Now I land somewhere close to that.  Often with a couple of posts already read showing and sometimes well into the unread section.

I'm waiting to see if a software update this coming week resolves it before spending too much time digging.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, melmerby said:

Doesn't that fill you with dread?😄

Not as much as my desktop swapout that I'd better get done this week. Fed up of tripping over it outside the office door for the last fortnight.

• Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Yes, modelling trade ads are now showing to all Gold and Premium users as originally intended.

Ah yes.  I have been seeing Rapido ads and simply click the x to remove them.  But nothing not hobby-related.  

I also have the emojis back - and they respond much more quickly than they did previously - so many thanks again to Andy and those whose Gluteus maximus regions he may (or may not) have kicked to restore order.  

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Andy Hayter said:

I have noticed that too, but I have also seen it happen on another forum that uses the same software.

I think this may be an Invision software issue rather than an RMWeb one.  As Andy says, probably best to see whether the upcoming software update fixes it.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, AY Mod said:

not just trade ads though, I'm getting stuff about dogs... 

I did have a relatively good ad free experience until recently as a gold subscriber but today it seems to have taken a dip.

Screenshot_20230121-213745.png.79ee20667eb143b12e2c5b7e012f4dcc.png

• Like 1

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, tractionman said:

not just trade ads though, I'm getting stuff about dogs... 

It's not dogs, it's holiday parks. But it shouldn't be there, it's been misclassified - it belongs on another website within the group and will be notified.

These are very minor issues compared to where we were 48 hours ago.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Thank you all. In truth the credit for technical resolutions is thanks to a former staffer, Michael. My input has been on internal battles. The whole saga starts with a fixed point in time with the introduction of Gold that needed an advert filtering solution which, because of a variety of reasons, has never worked successfully until yesterday.

3 years, 9 months and 19 days. 🤬

Not quite as long as we have waited for (insert pre-ordered model of choice here).

Well done and thanks.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 2