Forum issues.

• RMweb Premium

The ad banners are multiplying.  I now have a Warners sale banner at the bottom of the screen that overlays the quote button and won't move.  They're breeding.  Mi d you Digitrains are getting good value for money.  So etimes two posts per page in a topic plus the stattic video at the bottom right.

Jamie

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

It really is time that Warner's realised that the IT "professionals" they employ are incompetent.  The fact that they roll out test systems on the live site proves the point. Nobody who had an iota of care for their customers would behave in this manner. If I had done this sort of thing during my 40 years in the business I would have been relegated to sweeping the floors!

I really don't know how Andy copes with all this hassle.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2
  • Agree 13

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, Free At Last said:

They will also want paying, adding to the cost of running the site.

What ever happened to PRP: "Performance-related pay"???

If you failed to perform to the required standard you were not paid to the expected standard.  

Something is clearly very wrong somewhere.  The situation is getting worse, the enjoyment of the site is eroded and - if they insist on me seeing adverts I am contributing towards not seeing then that too is backfiring as I am mostly staying off what is largely an unreadable site. 

We all know the one about "If Andy had hair ..... " 

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium

Strangely I seem to have lost the ads and apart from the crunched banner right at the top it seems to be OK.

Even been to Accurascale page where there were always ads, even before the current problem and it's clear.

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, eldavo said:

It really is time that Warner's realised that the IT "professionals" they employ are incompetent.  The fact that they roll out test systems on the live site proves the point. Nobody who had an iota of care for their customers would behave in this manner. If I had done this sort of thing during my 40 years in the business I would have been relegated to sweeping the floors!

I really don't know how Andy copes with all this hassle.

Cheers

Dave

I agree with these sentiments, but the question I have is are Warners management (1) also imcompetent and don't realise the damage that the repeated IT issues are doing to the users' perceptions of the site or (2) content to extract as much short-term value from RMWeb as possible, even if it undermines Andy's attempts to continue to provide a product that most users value?  Going back to when I was working, if faulty manufacturing was harming sales, senior management would ensure that the production issues were rectified. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, melmerby said:

Strangely I seem to have lost the ads and apart from the crunched banner right at the top it seems to be OK.

Even been to Accurascale page where there were always ads, even before the current problem and it's clear.

Still plenty of Digitrains ads for me!

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

What ever happened to PRP: "Performance-related pay"???

If you failed to perform to the required standard you were not paid to the expected standard.  

Something is clearly very wrong somewhere.  The situation is getting worse, the enjoyment of the site is eroded and - if they insist on me seeing adverts I am contributing towards not seeing then that too is backfiring as I am mostly staying off what is largely an unreadable site. 

We all know the one about "If Andy had hair ..... " 

What's worse is that the IT people when a fault is reported to them to fix, tell Andy Y that it will be fixed 'in around the hour' Days later, the fault is no closer to rectification.

Why do some people/cultures insist on telling customers what they want to hear, rather than the truth - which apparently is that they have no idea of when it's going to be fixed.

• Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, kevinlms said:

Still plenty of Digitrains ads for me!

Same. Nothing has changed since someone suggested several days ago that this would be fixed in an hour. 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

I expect that Andy is keeping a tally of the days that this particular issue has been occurring, and will then be going to Warners and demanding that each paid up customer is given a refund for the number of days that the issue is occurring. This Warners should then pass on to the 'IT professionals' to fund.

I find it very poor service to pay for an ad free site, and then find I'm getting ads.... and I can see why we have lost so many people from the site.

Having been away for the best part of this week, what day of this issue are we on please?

Andy G

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, uax6 said:

I expect that Andy is keeping a tally of the days that this particular issue has been occurring, and will then be going to Warners and demanding that each paid up customer is given a refund for the number of days that the issue is occurring. This Warners should then pass on to the 'IT professionals' to fund.

I find it very poor service to pay for an ad free site, and then find I'm getting ads.... and I can see why we have lost so many people from the site.

Having been away for the best part of this week, what day of this issue are we on please?

Andy G

If it's pro-rata of say 365/5 days = 73 divided into 12 pounds, which gives everyone 16p rebate each. Easier to delay everyone's renewal date, for each day this issue continues, than refund.

Still an excellent site and I won't be deserting it. But Warners certainly need to resolve these type of issues, quickly. The Premium was great until a few days ago.

• RMweb Premium

I haven't seen an actual advert for a couple of days but there is still a white space at the bottom of the screen which has 'Advertisement' as a heading. Hovering over that space doesn't show a link to anything but it's taking up about 10% of the screen.

However the 'Back to the Top' arrow has moved to the left of the screen but is actually active across the whole page - hover over the white box in line with the arrow and it reads 'Back to Top' anywhere across the bottom of the screen.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, Mike Bellamy said:

However the 'Back to the Top' arrow has moved to the left of the screen but is actually active across the whole page - hover over the white box in line with the arrow and it reads 'Back to Top' anywhere across the bottom of the screen.

Ah, that would explain a lot. I can't see the box but clicking on other parts which end up under it means it gets activated thus why there is all this top-of-the-page zooming when not intended.

Bob

• RMweb Premium

Hmm new one for me this morning . Using iPad . Premier member but I’m getting a white block on bottom of screen which says advertisement , but there’s nothing there . I’ve checked ‘Theme” and it is correct . Just to let you know . 

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Hroth said:

I switched from Gold theme to RMweb 2021 (Default) theme, which seems to have sorted the formatting for now.

Caution - you may still see some of the ads on some pages which are causing the ads to break out of the right-hand column if you use that one. Please use Temporary theme.

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Is the issue with the avatar photos showing up far too big on mobile (and obscuring the text in the top left corner).  Or the screen randomly jumping to the top

of the page when you press a button related to the ad issue (oddly on mobile I haven’t actually had any issues with adds appearing on gold)

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

As a temporary measure I have created another theme (called Temporary) which Gold and Premium users can select from the Themes button at the bottom of the page. This will give a basic version without RMweb branding and may not include all functionality (not had chance to check it all over) without any ads.

This theme will disappear when the issues are fixed and may involve further selection of themes after it's fixed.

Much better! Thanks Andy.

• Agree 11
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

As a positive the only ad I had been seeing (Gold theme) was the one for BRM magazine. I had lost the notifications buttons, however, as they had gone to black on something else very dark.  Temporary skin has cleared that issue, thanks, Andy.

Edited by john new
Typo correction
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1