Forum issues.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, NFWEM57 said:

I have started to get adverts all along the bottom of RM Web web pages for gambling, computers, etc. Thought these were blocked for Premium members?

Yes but if you read this topic problems are outlined and a fix given - with a link to that given on every single page of the site.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

A big improvement using the “Temporary” theme for which my thanks to @AY Mod and all those cowering beneath his wrath in the background. 

Emojis still not available (which isn’t really a big loss) but adverts, random spaces and oversized avatars are sorted. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for your efforts Andy.  However the temporary theme has made no difference. I still have all the stats, most popular post etc at the right taki g up quite a bit of the screen.  There is still a white advert banner at the bottom and Digitrains is still around. Bon Courage as my neighbours would say.

Jamie

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

Thanks for your efforts Andy.  However the temporary theme has made no difference.

And now? According to the admin panel you hadn't completed the action.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

I thought that I had done but have clicked on it again. Ads still there.

Jamie

Just restarted thectablet mo ads but that side bar still takes 30% Of the screen.  I can managecthat though.

Jamie

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, AY Mod said:

As a temporary measure I have created another theme (called Temporary) which Gold and Premium users can select from the Themes button at the bottom of the page. This will give a basic version without RMweb branding and may not include all functionality (not had chance to check it all over) without any ads.

This theme will disappear when the issues are fixed and may involve further selection of themes after it's fixed.

Just call it Gold and done, temp theme is way better 😁

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, John Besley said:

I've done that and now it's gone from bad to worse... now totally unreadable...

Screenshot_20230114_212239_Chrome.jpg.0aede819b9c0039c6dedad18449a7181.jpg

Just give it a few seconds and refresh the page if you see that again.

• Agree 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Andy for sorting the temp theme out.

It's made it much more bearable whilst I'm away at an exhibition for the weekend and only have my mobile.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, kevinlms said:

What's worse is that the IT people when a fault is reported to them to fix, tell Andy Y that it will be fixed 'in around the hour' Days later, the fault is no closer to rectification.

Why do some people/cultures insist on telling customers what they want to hear, rather than the truth - which apparently is that they have no idea of when it's going to be fixed.

when I worked in IT support I applied the Scotty principal x3 my estimated fix time to the user knowing 9 out of 10 times I could deliver much faster than advised

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, John Besley said:

Mine does that but a simple refresh of the page brings it to order. Just one extra keystroke. 

• Agree 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

'Temporary' at least makes it possible see the PM icon which saves stabbing around in the dark in the hope of actually hitting it (yes, that even worked sometimes). So thanks Andy - fingers crossed for the return to normality at some time.

I have to say that, apart from the occasional need to reload a page, the "temporary" theme, with white text on blue and black text on white, is much brighter and clearer than the previous Premium theme.

• Like 2
  • Agree 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
On 14/01/2023 at 21:30, John Besley said:

Screenshot_20230114_212239_Chrome.jpg.0aede819b9c0039c6dedad18449a7181.jpg

There's a CSS that is out of date, a quick refresh makes it go away though. Not worth Andy's time investigating IMHO, hopefully the "proper" themes will be sorted out by the Ad techs now the weekend is over .......

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, bambuko said:

I am neither gold nor premium, I don't mind discrete adverts that don't get in my way, but as it is the forum is totally not usable on my Android tablet.

Is there any solution to this problem, please?

• Agree 7