Forum issues.

• RMweb Premium

On the defauly profile using Android on a Samsung tablet in portrait.  I now have a Warners winter sale banner at the top of thecpage and a video add with no branding but it starts with a Bullied spam can on pullmans, this starts in the thread then jumps up and down the page as I scroll.  The go to top of page icon works. The thread stats is now at the bottom of the page so the thread is readable.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Mike_Walker said:

This morning on my PC using the default 2021 theme I've been getting adverts all over the place so I've switched back to the temporary theme.

I realise Andy must be at his wits end by now but the high ups at Warners really need to be reminded in the strongest terms that those of us on Premium and Gold are not getting what we pay for.

Agreed, whoever is being paid to manage this website, especially regarding the advertising, is doing a disservice to their customer. It's been a couple of weeks now, with no improvement whatsoever, apart from the temporary theme, of which Andy shouldn't have to do.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I'm seeing a video below the second post which becomes a pop-out when I scroll down the page.

Theme is set to RMWeb 2021 (Default)

(I do have Firefox's security settings set to Strict so adverts on many sites don't get shown).

image.png.2acc5595c8018766eabdfb6c5f2b5905.png

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, tommyliam021 said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but at the moment there’s no option for premium in my themes, only RMweb 2021, test theme and temporary. Any ideas?

I think Andy has taken it offline for repair. You get almost the same with the Temporary theme. 

Hobby-related ads began to appear on the standard theme that I reverted to in order to test check progress as Andy suggested. I am now back on Temporary and the ads have gone. 

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• Moderators

I've had a message that the issue should be fixed. If you are a Premium user you should now be back on the RMweb 2021 theme which will show trade ads, no Google-served ads and no pup-up/embedded video ads. If that's not the case it may be worth clearing your cookies/cache/history.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

On 19/01/2023 at 10:42, Free At Last said:

'Go to first unread post' has started going to the first old post at the top of the last page.

This  is frustrating, so I tried selecting the last timed post on the topic page. Same thing happens.

As a non paying "member" of RMWeb, I can have no reason to complain about adverts appearing, but I find the latest videos appearing in the sidebar and in the body of the topic very off putting. I was about to cough up for the advert free option, but reading of the various issues that people are having, I am wondering whether it is worth bothering. Perhaps I will just dip into RMWeb occasionally and spend the time saved working on my layout and building kits.

I feel strongly for Andy, who despite his efforts to keep the site working properly, seems to have continual problems with the numpties in the IT department. They need to be told that their performance isn't good for business.

• Agree 4

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Jol Wilkinson said:

but reading of the various issues that people are having, I am wondering whether it is worth bothering.

I can see some light at the end of the tunnel that we may be getting substantially toward that being sorted but I understand the reticence as it's been over the last couple of weeks.

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I can see some light at the end of the tunnel that we may be getting substantially toward that being sorted but I understand the reticence as it's been over the last couple of weeks.

Thank you. I’m not getting the big annoying one’s others report or any rogue videos but this caravan show advert appeared a few minutes ago so any railway related only filter isn’t working. Theme RMWeb2021. Sorry not cropped but using my iPad currently so nothing to crop it with.

0DAE0FF0-AECC-475A-897A-17DDD5CBE622.png.c7ee225d3916228ca0a6e884349898b5.png.

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, john new said:

I’m not getting the big annoying one’s others report or any rogue videos but this caravan show advert appeared a few minutes ago so any railway related only filter isn’t working.

That may be down to an understanding, or not, within the business as to what constitutes a trade advert and is still being checked through. That's a 'house' advert for a caravan show organised by Warners and I clarified in a meeting the other day that such ads are not a trade ad for RMweb.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

I've had a message that the issue should be fixed. If you are a Premium user you should now be back on the RMweb 2021 theme which will show trade ads, no Google-served ads and no pup-up/embedded video ads. If that's not the case it may be worth clearing your cookies/cache/history.

What do us Goldies do? 2021 theme too?

• Informative/Useful 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, RedgateModels said:

What do us Goldies do? 2021 theme too?

You can do; I was still guineapigging Premiums to check it's OK but you're welcome to try it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

As all seems to be bedding in OK now I have moved all Gold members onto the Default RMweb 2021 theme.

If you are Gold or Premium and are still seeing any ads (apart from model trade) your usergroup may not be correctly set up; can you please clear any cookies/history/cache and log in to the integration page here http://www.rmweb.uk/rmweb-integration.php so that I narrow down any issues.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
Just now, RedgateModels said:

I see the theme selection is no longer available

That's correct. It's me trying to 'force' users into the correct box so I can more accurately assess any issues by removing the choice variable which could cloud diagnosis.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2