Class 50, By Accurascale

A couple of NSE West of England locos would be nice.  5 & 43 would be great.  Along with 32 with the dark blue nameplates. Also 26 with the bandit windscreens and 31 in the last days large logo with NSE flashes on the headboard. 
Sure just make the fleet as seen between 1989 and withdrawal and then I will be bankrupt!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

In 2016 I bought a 50 from Kernow to replicate 50032 Courageous.

For whatever reason its still sitting part renumbered on my shelf.

The blue nameplates really stood out on this 50, I have vivid memories of seeing it fly through Clapham.

There, now Ive admitted it… it has to be in Batch 2…, just to guarentee it, this weekend i’ll get the box out and see if I can move it along a little…

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
On 03/04/2024 at 09:09, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Tom,

We may have been having a most epic internal argument about the viability of doing it. Some are for, some are not sure. We'll see where we end up with it!

If more people lend a voice to the "for" cause here then it might help win the argument.... 

Cheers!

Fran 

Based on responses so far, plus allowing for a few ditherers, a limited edition of about 20 models would sell out :-)

As for darker NSE, you're never going to be able to please everyone so i would go for the common livery application with a shorter nameplate and no crest, making it easier for people to change identities without leaving visible marks.

Me... I'll pass on any livery later than 1980s Large Logo and/or with an orange cantrail stripe.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, 50025 said:

This is what I remember best 50003at St Davids.

Fran, when are you going to put us out of our misery and announce the next batch? 🤣4B3F45C6-53C9-4B22-917A-0E48D54FC0A9.jpeg.14bb8edc99b7c487cd1c750457eee4da.jpeg

Hi @50025,

We will be announcing batch two at the end of this year.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

6 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @50025,

We will be announcing batch two at the end of this year.

Cheers!

Fran

Yeah let's actually get batch one in our hands before taking over the chat with batch 2, 3 and 4 :)

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

50017 only seemed to run in this livery for a few years (and spent a few parked up at Tyseley).

When it did run it was mostly Northern Belle… and we would need decent coaches to be made in this livery.

You have some quite nice mk2d’s on the IRM site, could these get the BR era treatment ?

https://irishrailwaymodels.com/en-gb/collections/murphy-models-mark-2d-coaches

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, adb968008 said:

50017 only seemed to run in this livery for a few years (and spent a few parked up at Tyseley).

When it did run it was mostly Northern Belle… and we would need decent coaches to be made in this livery.

You have some quite nice mk2d’s on the IRM site, could these get the BR era treatment ?

I think there are one or two Irish quirks about the Murphy versions. 

If I recall correctly one of the Accurascale crew has already stated that all Mk2 versions are in their plans!

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Just had this reminder from Accurascale.

image.png.c76ce0fca24019c3f1dfb96d12ce4194.png

I've been waiting for a sound demo before making a decision. Is there one out there?

Edited by zr2498

On 14/04/2024 at 11:21, adb968008 said:

in BR grey and white and network rail yellow please :D

Decided to bite the bullet and go for my 3rd 50, 017 in NSE as I saw her at Saltley when she was freshly painted.

Disaster though, she was sold out! However, I’ve been saved by by favourite local model shop in Exmouth!

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, zr2498 said:

I've been waiting for a sound demo before making a decision. Is there one out there?

Hi @zr2498,

Final sound file is just being finalised now. We will likely demo it in the decorated sample of 007 or 149 in the coming weeks.

You can always place the pre-order on the website and if you don't like what you hear, just cancel it. It's no money down after all, and keeps the one you want reserved. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 15/04/2024 at 12:58, zr2498 said:

Is it the angle of the photo or does the front cab windows slant not look quite right?

P.S. please don’t shoot me, just saying.

Edited by cornish trains jez

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, cornish trains jez said:

Is it the angle of the photo or does the front cab windows slant not look quite right?

P.S. please don’t shoot me, just staying.

Looks pretty much spot on to me compared to photos at the same angle on Flickr. 

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

Looks pretty much spot on to me compared to photos at the same angle on Flickr. 

Roy

21 minutes ago, Southernman46 said:

🙄

Must be my eyesight. Too many years modelling 2mm! 😂 
Cracking looking model though.

1 hour ago, cornish trains jez said:

Must be my eyesight. Too many years modelling 2mm! 😂 
Cracking looking model though.

Its years of looking at models with the wrong rake and angle. Hours of filing the old lima model and custom made windows made a slight difference! The Hornby one was much better but still iffy.

20240416_215708.jpg

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Just for a comparison:

Hornby 50 with Shawplan etches

Hornby50withShawplanetches.jpg.ec4d5bdb5111fec5efe9da01942a2e00.jpg

I must do a better job of blending in the Phoenix Precision NSE dark blue.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, cornish trains jez said:

P.S. please don’t shoot me, just saying.

Its got the perscription windscreen fitted so driver does not need to use his glasses...........:)

• Funny 6

1 hour ago, McC said:

Funnily enough the biggest challenge, we face nowadays is not in achieving accuracy of body shape, detailing, variations, bogie position and wheelbase or color matching, but rather that the customer will not compare to the prototype, but to models that have gone before, which are in many cases, quite wrong and part of our motivation to bring out corrections 😀

It's not just you, there was a post on here when the Midland Pullman HST first appeared that it was the wrong colour!!

• Like 1