Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

You Love '2c' It - Announcing The Accurascale Mark 2c Coaches

• RMweb Gold

Another great announcement!

For info, the conversion dates for the modified examples were

TSOT (ex-TSO) - from May 1980

SO (ex-FO) - from Aug 1982

SK (ex-FK) - from May 1985

All the listed models are from the later build. For the TSOs, that is 5562-on. Some of the early conversions to TSOT were from the later batch.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Great stuff, we sure are being spoiled lately!

These look fantastic, hoping there is an IC swallow livery brake amongst the future batches (although for now my wallet breathes a sigh of relief that it has time to prepare! 😄)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, frobisher said:

Soooo does that now mean, between Bachmann, Hornby and Accurascale that we have all types of MK2 tooled up to Modern (ish - the 2E could probably do with a proper going over) standards apart from the 2D and Pullmans... Not hinting or wishlisting or anything... 

Mk 2z I think are needed, particularly in Brown and Cream for the Vintage Trains stock... to be honest. If Accurascale did these in Brown and Cream I'd have bought them and thought job done. 

• Agree 2

34 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

I seem to recall that many of the TSO(T)s used on the W-E services were the lower numbered ones (650x) so converted from earlier batches of TSOs. Are the toilet window and roof vents on 6522 correct for this earlier batch and I can just renumber?

For W-E in blue/grey, you need Mk2c FKs and TSO(T)s, but as far as I remember the TSOs were all Mk2a and Mk2b.

Your memory isn’t letting you down, my 1988 Ian Allen ABC shows 6500 - 6504 in the Laira NSS pool, supplemented by six others including 6522, so they were around for a while.

Easier just to invoke rune 1 I would suggest!

• Like 1

Nice 2c them, 2c them, nice!

(Sorry, had to do it)

At least the good citizens of Wednesford will be able to dine in comfort in a FO and the micro buffet is a great move.

PS I could swear NIR had a micro buffet conversion in their loco hauled fleet at one point, hint.

• Like 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

I seem to recall that many of the TSO(T)s used on the W-E services were the lower numbered ones (650x) so converted from earlier batches of TSOs. Are the toilet window and roof vents on 6522 correct for this earlier batch and I can just renumber?

For W-E in blue/grey, you need Mk2c FKs and TSO(T)s, but as far as I remember the TSOs were all Mk2a and Mk2b.

Hi Andrew,

From Gareth...

Laira had a spread of TSO(T) from throughout the batch. For example if the 1991 P5 book they had 6500-3/13/7/21/2/7, all of which were in NSE livery. That said it doesn’t matter anyway as the remembering wasn’t in order. This means that later phase Mk.2c were mixed in with earlier versions throughout the number series… 6500 was ex-5603, 6501 was ex-5547, 6502 was ex-5602, and so on.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

great release indeed and vehicles that transcend the eras and liveries.  They will do really well and I am so glad Accurascale have cognicence of the marketplace - maybe more than any other in terms of passenger and freight rolling stock. 

35518 as a WCR support coach was a good one, which I had no idea of.  How could any modeller resist chucking one behind a Bachmann B1, a K1, Black five or 8F, Merchant Navy - the list goes on.  But it's number tells you a really intriguing story for an exciting future Accurascale release.  35518 started life as a Mk2C BFK, and became an NSE sector vehicle, maybe even in one of the NSE livery variants. After 159s and Turbos replaced the NSE loco hauled trains 35518 and it's compatriots saw another chapter in their lives working for Regional Railways in the northwest. 35518's status was declassified and it became a BSK - of the vehicle type which ended with the Mk1 35499.  The Mk2BFKs were originally numbered 141xx but I am not sure if the new number retasined an element of the old number as was the case with the composites such as 7553 et al. 

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Regarding the steam support coaches, an interesting topic on its own, here's some info from Gareth;

Both 35508 and 35518 were regulars on the main line for many years in this role, the former for West Coast Railways (recorded with a variety of different engines) and the latter for Tangmere (in BR(S) green). 35508 is a Mk.2c but is the earlier "phase" with larger toilet window (as seen on our Mk.2b) and "GM" roof vents. 35518 is a Mk.2a and is impossible for us to do with out current tooling suite.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

I thought that only Open first and Brake second opens allocated to the WR in 1977. Then I saw a picture of the Liverpool - Penzance. B****r!!!!!

Mark

Edited by Mark

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, Mark said:

I thought that only Open first and Brake second opens allocated to the WR in 1977. Then I saw a picture of the Liverpool - Penzance. B****r!!!!!

Mark

I didn’t think the WR was a big contributor to cross-country workings and would not be surprised if the Liverpool - Penzance was formed of MR allocated stock. When new in 1970, the only Mk2Cs allocated to the WR were a batch of BSOs.

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

Where should I order from, please? I’m in the EU and accurascale.eu now redirects you to irishrailwaymodels.com for sales but the Mk2c are not (yet) listed there.

You can now order at https://accurascale.com/en-eu/

Directly from accurascale with prices in Euro, without EU sales tax, with shipping free on orders over £100 and sent DAP (delivered at place, or tax not paid). DHL will then likely collect the relevant local VAT from you at import. There is no duty or customs otherwise on model rail items. 

We are working on expanding the courier and shipping options at the moment from our Birmingham warehouse to allow the option of other couriers as well as DDP

shipping to europe. 

Edited by McC
  • Thanks 1

From the prototype history "All were delivered in blue/grey and the second half of the build were the first to wear the famous Inter-City branding from new."  All the models offered are branded Intercity.  Would it be appropriate to remove the Intercity branding from some, or do the models all represent the second half of the build?

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, TheEngineShed said:

From the prototype history "All were delivered in blue/grey and the second half of the build were the first to wear the famous Inter-City branding from new."  All the models offered are branded Intercity.  Would it be appropriate to remove the Intercity branding from some, or do the models all represent the second half of the build?

All models are the second part of the build, with small toilet windows and Roe-vac vents. Only the first half of the build were unbranded from new, but not for very long. The first ones were new in May 1969 and from August 1970 the branding was starting to be applied.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

13 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

I didn’t think the WR was a big contributor to cross-country workings and would not be surprised if the Liverpool - Penzance was formed of MR allocated stock. When new in 1970, the only Mk2Cs allocated to the WR were a batch of BSOs.

Yes the WR only had a few brake open seconds and some open firsts. The picture of the Liverpool Penzance was primarily 2c’s so it would definitely have been Midland region stock. However that means I need more than just the handful of WR allocations. I think the in 80’s things got a bit more mixed up as older stock was cascaded onto secondary routes.

Mark

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Mark said:

Yes the WR only had a few brake open seconds and some open firsts. The picture of the Liverpool Penzance was primarily 2c’s so it would definitely have been Midland region stock. However that means I need more than just the handful of WR allocations. I think the in 80’s things got a bit more mixed up as older stock was cascaded onto secondary routes.

Mark

I found my Longworth BR Mk1 and 2 coaching stock. According to that the WR only had Mk 2c BSOs W9449 to W9478 when new All the FOs 3152 to 3169 were M. The WR received 3152 to 3160 in 1977/78 and they then went back to M and to E in 1980-82

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Mr chapman said:

The price of coaches has been getting out of hand. But these really do seem like you are getting your monies worth! 

Hi @Mr chapman,

As you say, you get your monies worth especially when you look at the spec of the coach Will interior lighting, full suite of coach variations (a lot of tooling) and the detail involved, especially compared to other recently released variants over the last few years. We also have held the price as the same as our Mark 2bs announced in mid 2021.

China is not a major fan of making coaches as they feel they’re almost the same amount of work as a loco when it comes to assembly time due to the interiors and now electronics etc but we want coaches in our range which have not been done before or badly needed upgrades so we fought hard with them to get these at the most reasonable price we could.

Again, we feel that this is the best value as you get most bang for your buck. 

Cheers!

Fran

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 12
  • Agree 1