Hornby stock stolen

Craig1989

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, woodenhead said:

With a bit of luck it is TT120 stock, good luck to them selling that on.

some members just cant help them selves, even something like you just can't help your self, grow up!

Edited by jonnyuk
remove my foul language as its not appropriate
  • Agree 8
  • Round of applause 1

56 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

My point was, if they had stolen TT stock it would be more easily visible when it got sold, the only place you can buy TT is Hornby, so if it is not coming from Hornby it has to be stolen.

Nothing childish at all about the comment, just an observation.

Absolutely agree with your comment and logic. Too hot to handle. Hope the scruffs get caught. It could be additionally damaging for smaller retailers.

• Agree 6

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, woodenhead said:

My point was, if they had stolen TT stock it would be more easily visible when it got sold, the only place you can buy TT is Hornby, so if it is not coming from Hornby it has to be stolen.

Nothing childish at all about the comment, just an observation.

please accept my apologies, i misread your post and you got the brunt of my frustrations. Hardly surprising though given the sheer negativity against Hornby on this forum.

Edited by jonnyuk
  • Like 3
  • Round of applause 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, jonnyuk said:

please accept my apologies, i misread your post and you got the brunt of my frustrations. Hardly surprising though given the sheer negativity against Hornby on this forum.

I don't think Hornby get much more flack that any of the other manufacturers

55 minutes ago, rab said:

I don't think Hornby get much more flack that any of the other manufacturers

They kinda do, but they do have a habit of presenting themselves with greater opportunities to attract said flack than the others...

• Like 1
  • Agree 9

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, frobisher said:

They kinda do, but they do have a habit of presenting themselves with greater opportunities to attract said flack than the others...

They really do. Stitching up their stockists on a regular basis (and ultimately the end users) is the usual one in the last couple of years, but loads of other examples.

• Like 1
  • Agree 8

• RMweb Gold
On 15/02/2023 at 08:47, jonnyuk said:

Hardly surprising though given the sheer negativity against Hornby on this forum.

Hornby have mucked customers around for the last 5-7 years with pre orders to shops not being delivered because of last minute drops in allocations, literally the week or two before release, leaving you searching round when it mostly listed as sold out. It took a lot of faffing around to find Pecketts when this all started and it’s not improved. Last year the APT was cancelled because Hornby dropped the retailer I’d ordered from into tier 4 and cancelled all their pre orders. 
Hornby only have themselves to blame for the bad publicity on that front as they could tell people earlier if they’ve under produced and to cancel pre orders knowing you’re letting down all that retailers customers sucks when it’s over a year since they accepted the order. 

So I’m no longer a cosy loyal Hornby customer because I’ve been mucked around with the Peckett’s, Rocket, APT & the 91 with orders not being fulfilled at four different shops due to Hornby’s late cancellations. 

But

2BF532D2-1FE1-443F-83FB-81F7AF6E0DE6.jpeg.e9a3ceb7f9ab05d62d8aaaabd69ef2ca.jpeg

This just dropped through the door and it’s good, but I reserve the right to comment on my findings and opinion on it just like I have on the Sonic 9N yesterday and the Bachmann Hunslets late last year because a balanced review of faults is also valid comment. 

Theft of anyone’s stock is a disgrace and as noted above hopefully the more exclusive and unreleased items may give away the scrotes and lead to prosecution. 

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Like 5
  • Agree 4

I did see this - I must say that the fact that this announcement is on neither their web page, nor on any of Hornby’s social media is a bit weird and makes me question if this is correct or not. 

not questioning anyone’s good faith actions in putting this up here for people. It’s just weird that it is nowhere to be seen from Hornby themselves - it’s not the sort of thing you’d expect someone to keep quiet about, especially if they are hoping to catch up on product deliveries this year

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Edge said:

I did see this - I must say that the fact that this announcement is on neither their web page, nor on any of Hornby’s social media is a bit weird and makes me question if this is correct or not. 

not questioning anyone’s good faith actions in putting this up here for people. It’s just weird that it is nowhere to be seen from Hornby themselves - it’s not the sort of thing you’d expect someone to keep quiet about, especially if they are hoping to catch up on product deliveries this year

A lot of companies will have stock stolen in transit, they will be insured for it and it happens all the time I imagine.  Other companies don't make announcements about it, I wouldn't really expect Hornby to be any different.  If it new 2023 or TT stuff and it's a whole batch then when it does surface it's probably going to be obvious and Hornby would likely be looking for it turning up.  It's not like you can sell a few hundred locos that no-one else has and not be noticed: "Do you wanna buy some FLIRTS?"

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

A lot of companies will have stock stolen in transit, they will be insured for it and it happens all the time I imagine.  Other companies don't make announcements about it, I wouldn't really expect Hornby to be any different.  If it new 2023 or TT stuff and it's a whole batch then when it does surface it's probably going to be obvious and Hornby would likely be looking for it turning up.  It's not like you can sell a few hundred locos that no-one else has and not be noticed: "Do you wanna buy some FLIRTS?"

The point is, the original image is allegedly of an email Hornby sent out to its customers informing them of the issue. However, no one seems to have received this - all that can be found is this image circulated on social media.

I have my doubts that this actually happened, but I'm at a loss as to why someone would have faked this. Perhaps a joke about delays to stock being delivered?

59 minutes ago, JohnR said:

The point is, the original image is allegedly of an email Hornby sent out to its customers informing them of the issue. However, no one seems to have received this - all that can be found is this image circulated on social media.

I have my doubts that this actually happened, but I'm at a loss as to why someone would have faked this. Perhaps a joke about delays to stock being delivered?

No different from all the other scam so called joke  etc emails. Some sad corrupt people out there .

Appears to total shoe menders.