Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 66, By Accurascale

*everyone watching announcement*

HOWEVER. I did NOT expect them to have done a deal and buy the Hattons tooling. It didn't even dawn on me that they've effectively discontinued their range after one batch, so I doff my hat to Accura for doing a deal and bringing the model into the same standards as their 55/92 etc.

Well done Acccurascale - that's a really nice surprise (to me anyway).

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I’m knee deep in Hattons 66’s…

so 66004 is the only one for me in this announcement.

its good to see it move forwards, Euro sheds, new GBRF livery, 66792 especially, indeed locos like the Railfreight duo, plus 66734 in Platinum jubilee livery are the ones i’m watching for.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

This looks like a really good outcome for all concerned, the 66 is one locomotive that really justifies having multiple examples in the marketplace and that includes a top of the range superdetail version. Taking an existing set of already high spec tooling and reworking it to iron out the bugs also helps reassure prospective buyers.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1

Interesting, so if you've adopted the Hattons 66, does that mean they are no longer a manufacturer so they can deal with a certain other manufacturer again.  Just asking as it would be nice for them to be able to sell everything again.

Am glad you've not started from scratch, whilst there clearly was a market for more class 66s, starting over and doing it all again would seem a waste.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, woodenhead said:

Interesting, so if you've adopted the Hattons 66, does that mean they are no longer a manufacturer so they can deal with a certain other manufacturer again.  Just asking as it would be nice for them to be able to sell everything again.

Am glad you've not started from scratch, whilst there clearly was a market for more class 66s, starting over and doing it all again would seem a waste.

Genesis coaches?

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Bucoops said:

Genesis coaches?

Not so sure, we've seen what Fran(kenstein) did with this.

But I don't think that would be a barrier, it was the locos that broke the camel's back.  If anything the Genesis coaches have helped when it comes to pre-grouping and early grouping liveried locos sold by Bachmann.

• Like 2

Didn't expect this, and despite it being well outside my modelling interests it is good to see that you've taken custodianship of the Hatton's model for an upgrade, avoiding the need to roll your own.  It's an essential piece of kit for the contemporary modeller so with you also supplying other retailers should do well.

I wonder how many "not another Shed" posts will still get made?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

Watching the launch I was struck with an overarching sense of why given the Hattons one, Bachmann one and Hornby one which still does have a place. Since reading that it is the Hattons one albeit beefed up a bit, more sense is made! Nice one

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Will you be doing an "upgrade deal" for existing Hattons 66 owners? 😀

I saw this earlier, the press release said Accurascale has a deal with a major American second hand website.

Buyers of Accurascale 66’s can goto that site, list their hattons 66’s for just 12.5% comission, and recieve money direct to their bank account which can inturn be used to buy Accurascale 66’s…

This was the site I found www.ebay.co.uk

• Agree 1
  • Funny 14