Class 66, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Plomax said:

Gee a 66 - we haven’t seen that before as RTR in OO have we?!?

The Bachmann and Hattons one already hold the place in the market - there isn’t a need to add further options….

Doesn't get my vote….

Are you waiting for the KR Models version? 😉

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 11

13 minutes ago, surfsup said:

I too am impressed with the price of these. I mean, QC and axle box issues aside, it was hard to fault the Hattons model and I was waiting on another batch. So well done to Team Accurascale for taking this on and improving it - it both brings back and excellent model with widespread appeal back to the market, and fits in nicely with the Powering Britain range. 

Now… about 66s, ranges and Accurascale… What’s got to be next 😉

E4814F93-F96F-46B4-97C3-DE1F20650B6E.jpeg

A151FB0E-19CC-4924-9977-780B20E75106.jpeg

312806D9-E601-43A3-93F7-297145C73F01.jpeg

Id happily order Cromer Lifeboat too! 😄

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, adb968008 said:

I saw this earlier, the press release said Accurascale has a deal with a major American second hand website.

Buyers of Accurascale 66’s can goto that site, list their hattons 66’s for just 12.5% comission, and recieve money direct to their bank account which can inturn be used to buy Accurascale 66’s…

This was the site I found www.ebay.co.uk

Superb 22 Bachmann hoppers have some weight to them 

Steve Purves? Wasn’t he with Bachmann? Next thing we’ll have Simon Kohler in an Accurascale shirt extolling the virtues of the new Accurascale 67!

Interesting announcement. I was a bit disappointed to read that it would be a diesel, although an 01 (Irish Ferry connection) would have tickled my fancy as would a decent 06 (Scottish connection). How long do we have to wait for more Sparkies to follow the 89? There’s a big gap between the 80 and 85.

However, even though I’m content with my Ying-Yings (all with sound) I might well be tempted by one of these. Only £90 more for sound? I hear you!

• Like 3

Ouch this is tempting, thought I had saved myself some money when the Hattons sold out and all was left either overpriced damaged examples they couldn't shift or the odd time one came up second hand which was higher price than when initially released. With so many videos and pics of them it seems most versions go with most stock (e.g. Db pulling gbrf wagons) so I'm struggling to decide which, along with if I go same company as something I already have or new again. A nice Friday afternoon problem...

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

Well, this explains a fair few things!! Only last night I said in the Hatton’s 66 thread that it may be time for round 2... that aged well!

It does however explain why Hatton’s were selling off all the dud models the last few months. 
Look forward to hearing the sound file before I decide whether to go for a sound fitted or standard option. Good choice Accurascale! 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Wow, really pleased with the announcement and I certainly will be ordering two, possibly three.  When I spoke to Richard from Hatton's at the Great Electric Train show last year, he did say that there would be another run this year, but he forgot to mention that Accurascale were doing them 😁.

Well done Accurascale and Hatton's, another model like the Class 37 that Accurascale can just churn out year after year, and never repeat the same one.

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, NoggintheNog said:

Fantastic!

I missed out on 66789 when hattons released them, now I'll wait patiently for whoever releases it as a special or exclusive.

Yes, I thought that too. But I am also quietly sitting here hoping for 66783 in Trainload Construction and 66794 in Trainload Petroleum as a pair of exclusives! 🙂

• Like 7
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1

Excellent news. Vast opportunity for trader exclusives too.

I think from Batch one it has to be 66753, and maybe the DB chip fat special. Looks like I'll be using the Accuradebt® spread payment service again. My wishlist is vast.... Fran's Full House "GBRf fleet" box set will be sight to see 😂

Now follow it up with varying Intermodal Flat types please 😜

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

Be interested in it's ever produced in Fastline or Advenza livery?  Both short lived and no one has done them

Bachmann did the Fastline for Rail Express and Hornby did Advenza on their ex-Lima, but they were certainly snazzy!

I've bagged a Freightliner one and excited for future runs with some original EWS beasties for some boat-fresh 1998 examples!

Cheers

James

• Like 5
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium

This is getting ridiculous! 89 on order, 60 on order, 59 and 92 on my list, now a state of the art 66 to Join the fleet. Some amazing models. Then there are the 56s and 69s We are certainly being blessed with some superb models.

• Like 6
  • Agree 2

I certainly wasn't expecting this. Nice choice though. I have over 20 Hattons 66s so don't really need anymore, but will probably still get a few more anyway. The enhancements will make this model awesome. Great work there guys!

It was interesting to see how much excitement there was around the Accurascale stand today compared to the other manufacturers. I had my son with me in his pushchair so couldn't stay long but the 66 sample, along with your other models all looked great. It'll be an exciting, albeit expensive, year ahead!

• Like 3

I wonder what this means for other 'Hattons Originals'? The Andrew Barclay could a be a little improved in the under-boiler area, the 14XX could probably do with quite a major revamp mechanically and cosmetically, but the P class is more or less perfect. Have Hattons given up on being a 'manufacturer'???

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

I wonder what this means for other 'Hattons Originals'? The Andrew Barclay could a be a little improved in the under-boiler area, the 14XX could probably do with quite a major revamp mechanically and cosmetically, but the P class is more or less perfect. Have Hattons given up on being a 'manufacturer'???

Hope not. The Genesis coaches are excellent. How about some more ICI hoppers.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

Good to see you modelling the ‘euro cab’ interior on the relevant GBRf 66s

there are a couple of variations within those too, most have a flip down 2nd mans seat on the rear bulkhead, a few have a ‘proper’ seat fitted like the normal version 

I’ll put an early request in for eurospec 66750 and 66796 in now if that’s ok!

66750 is an absolute beast with the best sounding horn of the whole class

B565A304-6775-4187-8B10-52A65A32934D.jpeg.a3095b10c6a10ce3f84cbae566d5a6f4.jpeg

I can recreate this train I took to the Severn Valley Railway once the Bachmann 69 is released! 

DBCE4990-0894-4277-A378-BF8C3304794A.jpeg.9da65bb2be17fd53d9fabef2ec8ac841.jpeg

• Like 17