Class 66, By Accurascale

9 minutes ago, newbryford said:

They can't be far away now as I've just received an email for payment of the remainder.

Yet - I paid in full in January.

I have contacted the chat line................

I just had the same, individual email reminders to pay for 3 66's as per below for each one as per copy from email below...

"This is an important email regarding your Pre Order with accurascale.

If you have already paid for this order in full, you can confirm the status at the link below, otherwise:

£xxx.xx will be charged for your Class 66 - GBRF BR Green 'Evening Star' - 66779 - DCC Sound Fitted pre-order in the coming 72 hours.

Pre-order details:
1x Class 66 - GBRF BR Green 'Evening Star' - 66779 - DCC Sound Fitted
Deposit paid: £25.00

click here at any time to check on your pre-order status.

If you would prefer to pay using an alternative payment method please login at https://accurascale.com

Thanks again,

The Accurascale team"

Not sure that if I don't do anything I will be charged again and yes all 3 have already been paid in full which my account confirms as Paid.

Went to the link from the email but there is nothing to confirm apart from an 'Edit Order' link so a bit confusing...I'm sure it is all good.

• Informative/Useful 1

16 minutes ago, newbryford said:

They can't be far away now as I've just received an email for payment of the remainder.

I have contacted the chat line................

Hi Mick,

I have just received an email for the remainder of my payment for 66001.  Which I paid in full in March and received my loco shortly afterwards.  I am wondering if their payment system has been hacked.  Very strange.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Hi all,

I too have received the same email despite cancelling all of my orders and being fully refunded. I too have contacted the Web chat but understandably am in a que.

Shed.

Contacted Accurascale and these are legitimate thus nothing to worry about, got the message below in the chat.

"Afternoon,

Thank you for getting in touch with your enquiry. As you have settled the balance on the order early the pre-orders system isn't aware and has generated an automatic email regarding the account balance.

You can see the status of the order in question in the my account section of the website.

Apologies for an inconvenience caused.

If you have any further questions then please let us know and we will happy to assist you."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Ditto for six of mine ?? the others been correctly marked paid,im in a que too so its jammed up the hotline it seems. All show paid on my account but ive got seperate e mails for each.

The Preorder system is a bit out of sync, so anyone who got an alert but is paid or cancelled can ignore it - the only AUTHORITATIVE listing is My ORDERs under accurascale.com 

Sorry for any stress caused!

• Thanks 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Got the same e-mail but I've not only paid by instalments earlier but have the delightful item (66001) running on the railway too 👍 - it's just a system glitch - proof thankfully that AI can't yet get it right enough to out-wit us all ............................ 😉

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, Southernman46 said:

Got the same e-mail but I've not only paid by instalments earlier but have the delightful item (66001) running on the railway too 👍 - it's just a system glitch - proof thankfully that AI can't yet get it right enough to out-wit us all ............................ 😉

They're talking about removing VAR from Premier League footy matches as well!!

Technological advances are not always, erm, that .... !!

Al.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, farren said:

now I’m not a hundred percent sure if the 37 has day or night lights on.

Night headlight is drivers side (right hand light as you look at it) to better illuminate inside signs 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, newbryford said:

Snap!  

I also noticed that the amount to be charged did not include the vat.

Roddy

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, AndrewB7585 said:

Night headlight is drivers side (right hand light as you look at it) to better illuminate inside signs 

So right is night. Thank you

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, newbryford said:

I have contacted the chat line..

Me too.  Received an e-mail earlier today saying the balance would be taken within 72 hours.  I already paid in full during March.  After I contacted the chat line I received a courteous reply from Patrick confirming that if I have already paid then there is no need to worry and I would not be charged again and that no further action was required on my part.

Edited by cessna152towser
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cessna152towser said:

Me too.  Received an e-mail earlier today saying the balance would be taken within 72 hours.  I already paid in full during March.  After I contacted the chat line I received a courteous reply from Patrick confirming that if I have already paid then there is no need to worry and I would not be charged again and that no further action was required on my part.

Patrick is top notch! 

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, atom3624 said:

They're talking about removing VAR from Premier League footy matches as well!!

Technological advances are not always, erm, that .... !!

Al.

My stock example is that during the WW2 bombing campaign on Germany, there were a small percentage of bomber aircraft on each raid lost to wing edge icing (destroying its lift). To combat this the RAF devised a whole system of rubber tubes and heating from the engine exhausts which aircraft were fitted with. However this had a cost in weight and the consequent reduction in fuel and bomb-load capacity. This required more aircraft to deliver the same weight of bombs to the target - which the German defences then shot down resulting in a greater aircraft loss percentage than before the de-icing equipment was fitted ................... 😬

41 minutes ago, Southernman46 said:

My stock example is that during the WW2 bombing campaign on Germany, there were a small percentage of bomber aircraft on each raid lost to wing edge icing (destroying its lift). To combat this the RAF devised a whole system of rubber tubes and heating from the engine exhausts which aircraft were fitted with. However this had a cost in weight and the consequent reduction in fuel and bomb-load capacity. This required more aircraft to deliver the same weight of bombs to the target - which the German defences then shot down resulting in a greater aircraft loss percentage than before the de-icing equipment was fitted ................... 😬

I’m another who received the errant e-mail. It’s a great relief to know that my 66 is coming by ship and not being flown in over Germany. 🤣

• Funny 1

56 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

It’s a great relief to know that my 66 is coming by ship and not being flown in over Germany. 🤣

Have you never heard of U-Bootes?

Roddy 😇

1 hour ago, Roddy Angus said:

Have you never heard of U-Bootes?

Roddy 😇

Good point! That must be why Accurascale doesn’t ask for balances (except by accident) until models are safely in the country.

• RMweb Premium
On 16/05/2024 at 11:35, derekdoestrains said:

I’ve lost the ability to cancel orders (decided I didn’t want the freightliner exclusive in the end), sure you used to have the option - accurascale support did it for me on their end! 

Respect,a lot would e bay it the week after they turn up,it will go to a good home and keep its lifetime warranty for someone.

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Respect,a lot would e bay it the week after they turn up,it will go to a good home and keep its lifetime warranty for someone.

I thought about it… stopped and decided I couldn’t be bothered with the hassle & eBay fees…

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, derekdoestrains said:

I thought about it… stopped and decided I couldn’t be bothered with the hassle & eBay fees…

Who wants a month in the Bahamas anyway,we will find out soon enough as some seem to just buy them to profit on there scarcity,each to there own as if its an auction your not twisting any arms.

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Who wants a month in the Bahamas anyway,we will find out soon enough as some seem to just buy them to profit on there scarcity,each to there own as if its an auction your not twisting any arms.

Profiting on eBay! Watch out for HMRC.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, derekdoestrains said:

Hi @derekdoestrains,

As it's a charity fundraiser I'm glad you did not proceed with this. I have to be honest, nothing bothers me more than someone profiteering off the back of a locomotive designed to raise funds for a good cause. I doubt any of the profits generated by the private sale are ever forward donated to the cause as a bonus. 

Just drop us a line with your order number and we can cancel for you. A pity that you have to pull the purchase and that the charity donation is being withdrawn, but these are tough times for everyone of course and this way someone else can dig deep and get the warranty as @ERIC ALLTORQUE states.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 6
  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1