Metropolitan Railway E Class - Met No.1

rapidoandy

2 minutes ago, GreenGiraffe22 said:

Not for me, but I'm surprised it's taken this long for someone to do it! Bound to be popular, no denying that Metropolitan Railway livery is pretty stunning! 

It was on "the list" from a good few years ago of prototypes that had been scanned so I'm surprised it has taken this long (like the class 84 AC electric). And it's almost like Rapido Trains are stalking me, no.1 daughters first ever train ride was behind no.1 and in coach 353 at Quainton Road, and is called Beatrice-the subject of another Rapido model.

I do feel however that without a supporting train for it to pull, E class models will be consigned to dragging whatever early teak bogie or 4 wheel coaches can be cobbled together to represent a steam on the met working, with or without a Heljan Met electric. I'm sure Rapido have something on mind but will it be the Chesham set or the Dreadnoughts that the latter loco desperately needs.

It just a question now of deciding which version I need to join the six Met electrics...

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

An attractive engine and the early Metropolitan Railway livery is very pretty, as is the later one.  I think they've missed a trick if both versions are produced as no 1 though, presumably for a short period some members of the class were in the newer livery while rest had not yet been repainted.

Price isn't mentioned on the postings above, but from their site is £179.95, wih sound £100 extra which seems to be about the going rate these days.

I can't really justify it, though it does appeal, but 0-4-4Ts are notorious for needing plenty of weight in the nose end to run adequately, so I'll reserve judgment on it for now.  Should sell well all the same.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Hello everyone

Congratulations to Rapido on this announcement - we hope the project will be a great success.

Although 'Underground' hasn't been in The 00 Wishlist Poll since 2018, the Met E Class had been in the The Top 50 in 2014, 2016 and 2018. It was only just outside in 2015.

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

• Like 6

I don't think I've ever literally punched the air in delight in response to a model release, but I have done when you announced the Jones Goods and now this! Have been wanting Met 1 for ages, so thank you. Just need to choose which livery!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, BMacdermott said:

Hello everyone

Congratulations to Rapido on this announcement - we hope the project will be a great success.

Although 'Underground' hasn't been in The 00 Wishlist Poll since 2018, the Met E Class had been in the The Top 50 in 2014, 2016 and 2018. It was only just outside in 2015.

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

Thanks Brian, I only voted for it once each time, honest...!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drt7uk said:

Thanks Brian, I only voted for it once each time, honest...!

As they've now taken out LNWR Oerlikons as well as the entire Underground category, I can only hope this Only Way To Win Is Not To Play strategy continues to bear fruit... 😛

Hopefully good news for the LT Museum Shop, too.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

It's been a long time coming, I think an opportunity was missed over the anniversaries of the underground from 2013... Would of been a major selling point.. obviously now it's the Met Es anniversary now although that's a bit of a smaller interest.

Will be interesting to see how it sells.

Lucky I've already made one earlier 😅

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, David Bigcheeseplant said:

What is the differences between No. 1 and the other members of the class.

Iirc…

This one was never built. Has no builders plate.

its a mysterious rebuild of seemingly all new parts that just happened to fall together in the right order in the works.

What a fantastic idea to do this one, some coaches for it would be nice too.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, Mark Dickerson said:

Hopefully good news for the LT Museum Shop, too.

As an aside, I visited this a few days ago for the first time in quite a while. A shadow of its former self unfortunately, particularly now that the Waterloo Ian Allan is gone.

Great news about the new loco though. And please let’s have some Dreadnoughts.

Edited by Downer
  • Like 2