Graham Farish Summer 2023 Announcements

AY Mod

9 hours ago, davebem said:

Looking underneath my Farish mk2f TSOs there is lots of un-used extra plugs/mounting holes 

Are you sure some detailing parts haven't fallen off?

;-)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, davebem said:

Looking underneath my Farish mk2f TSOs there is lots of un-used extra plugs/mounting holes for different arrangements, perhaps did Farish future proof the tooling for the E and D mk2 variants to be released later?

It's a while since I've looked at mine, but there are holes for the DBSO specific parts as the chassis is shared. There may be extra holes, but can't remember 

Jo

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, davebem said:

perhaps did Farish future proof the tooling for the E and D mk2 variants to be released later?

Mk2d had the toilets in a different location to the E & F variants (same side rather than opposite corners). 

Mk2d & Mk2e shared air-con designs, whilst that on the F was simplified.

It may be possible that Farish have plans to replace the underframe gubbins to allow them to make a Mk2E (I believe the body is basically the same). As it is, with the Mk2F they've chosen the most numerous type (there were almost as many Mk2F as D & E types combined). 

My guess is that Farish will stop at the Mk2F - anyone wanting Mk2D (or B & C for that matter ) will probably be best looking towards Accurascale, Rapido or Revolution.

Steven B.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Crepello said:

Do we reckon early  BR Freightliner FFA/FGA sets might feature in the August announcement?

That would be very nice and welcome.

But wish listing is just hot air, and that's the last thing we could do with now in this heatwave. Some rain would be welcome. It's so long since we've had any that I've forgotten what it's like.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, grahame said:

But wish listing is just hot air, and that's the last thing we could do with now in this heatwave. Some rain would be welcome. It's so long since we've had any that I've forgotten what it's like.

It rained at ours on Monday evening for about 1.5 hour solid, the streets were flooded, Asda has been shut two days to deal with a the impact and the wife said it was like driving in a Tsunami.

When it arrived it also brought extremely strong winds so trees breaking branches etc.

Then back to 'too hot' again

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Crepello said:

No postings for a month for Farish now! Maybe some frothing is in order!

Everyone probably busy doing overtime ready for the mass influx of coaches due soon! 

Tom.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• Moderators

The Farish Lobsters (only just twigged it's an anagram of 'Bolster' and that they're bright red) should be around soon as I'm expecting the review sample.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

On 14/06/2023 at 15:15, csiedmo said:

The latest batch of J39s that were due this month have dropped back to 'awaiting'.

What does awaiting actually mean on the GF website please.

Something I have on pre-order has gone from June/July to (awaiting).

Kind of thinking I will be waiting longer for it now.

Thanks

31 minutes ago, scottishlocos said:

What does awaiting actually mean on the GF website please.

Something I have on pre-order has gone from June/July to (awaiting).

Kind of thinking I will be waiting longer for it now.

Thanks

Awaiting an ETA, so its not planned to arrive in the time scales posted on there already.

• Like 1

This might be of use to some, I have taken the Farish availability data and added it to a spreadsheet - I added a column for type based on their categories and then sorted it by date so top is in the warehouse and bottom is what's awaiting a delivery date. I will try to update it periodically 

Farish Availability.xlsx

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 7
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 26/07/2023 at 21:16, acg5324 said:

Looks like the Maroon Mk1 coaches are arriving in York tomorrow.

The Blood and Custard and Sealink varieties arrived too.

20230727_164848.jpeg

• Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, acg5324 said:

Blue / Grey and Chocolate and Cream varieties have arrived along with the RMBs and the Thompson BGs. Just the Mk2F s to arrive.

Good to know. I'll be dropping by next week to pick up the rather large haul you are holding for me!

Ian

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 23/09/2023 at 11:54, 47475 said:

Good to know. I'll be dropping by next week to pick up the rather large haul you are holding for me!

Ian

Nice to meet you Ian. Glad you enjoyed the Hastings unit demo.

• Like 1