The next Accurascale steam loco in OO ???

2 hours ago, maico said:

I think the 3rd model might be something more complicated on the valve gear front.

Valve gear is i.d to all of the class. City of Ripon had a A1 Boiler fitted and a A1 or similar Cab and a modified Footplate for the Firebox.

image.png.b38e08cf753345d4b3bc9e40acf73001.png

• Like 1

Haydock Foundry 0-6-0WT 'Bellerophon'

Bulleid Leader

Lickey Banker Big Bertha

At least they would be made correctly (or marked as not feasible to make it as it should be) and not '90% completed', along with being funded correctly and not having a shop provide the funds required to produce a model

Edited by LaGrange
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

6 hours ago, No Decorum said:

I’d like one. The one with the Gresley boiler would require another body tool, which, we are led to believe, is the expensive part of tooling. I doubt that it would be viable for a one off. The pic (thank you for posting it) shows it with outside bearings for the trailing wheels. They were originally constructed with inside bearings but these were soon changed because of heat from the fire. However, from a modelling point of view, I dare say the inside bearings would sidestep the vexed question of unflanged trailing wheels. 🤔

As far as I know only 2400 and 2401 had the inside bearings setup fitted. The other three had a "Cartazzi" type axleboxes fitted from new . The photo is as just  built for 2402.

As to setting up for one Boiler variant I agree is hardly likely , however there are now a few single Locos being made , e.g W1 by Hornby. The new out P2 is only a class of five as well.

Edited by micklner

4 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

Lets have the definitive Flying Scotsman with the Accurascale treatment. Hornby has done it to death. What we need is a massively highly detailed model of this National treasure. 

Please no because Hornby has done it to death!

• Agree 9

7 hours ago, HExpressD said:

A Patriot perhaps, take another model from Hornby?

But that is the whole point isn't it.  There are so many un RTR released models to go at, particularly now that pregrouping seems more of a thing. From memory the only RTR LNWR locos are the Super D and the coal tank. Prince of Wales, Precursor, George V, Claughton, and that is just passenger locos. Who built the largest ever class of steam locos ?  But for mew it would probably be the LNWR 0-8-2 tanks which looked a bit more in proportion than the huge 0-8-4 tanks. 

However, my pick would be 2-4-2 radial tank in BR condition followed probably by a Cauliflower and anything else that lasted into BR days post 1948.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Covkid said:

But that is the whole point isn't it.  There are so many un RTR released models to go at, particularly now that pregrouping seems more of a thing. From memory the only RTR LNWR locos are the Super D and the coal tank. Prince of Wales, Precursor, George V, Claughton, and that is just passenger locos. Who built the largest ever class of steam locos ?  But for mew it would probably be the LNWR 0-8-2 tanks which looked a bit more in proportion than the huge 0-8-4 tanks. 

However, my pick would be 2-4-2 radial tank in BR condition followed probably by a Cauliflower and anything else that lasted into BR days post 1948.  

Bachmann have done a ex L&YR /LMS /BR 2-4-2 .I doubt if there would be a demand for another one ?.

Edited by micklner
  • Funny 1

24 minutes ago, Covkid said:

But that is the whole point isn't it.  There are so many un RTR released models to go at, particularly now that pregrouping seems more of a thing. From memory the only RTR LNWR locos are the Super D and the coal tank. Prince of Wales, Precursor, George V, Claughton, and that is just passenger locos. Who built the largest ever class of steam locos ? ......

I'd have a DX goods but I suspect I'm in a minority as they barely made it to the 1930s

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, micklner said:

A very obvious choice the missing ER pacific. 5 Locos and  two differrent Tenders and one using a Gresley Boiler rebuilt as well !!.

https://www.lner.info/locos/A/a2.php

image.png.0431d564192a6c5b2c50f88f50374c37.png

I wish to be entirely associated with the remarks made by the previous speaker.

But…these magnificent grunt machines were never “ER” Pacifics!

Richard

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

7 hours ago, Islesy said:

Murphy Models are an entirely different company altogether Phil - our Irish sister company is Irish Railway Models (IRM)

That's what I understood, which is why I am confused as IRM have some MM locos on their website. What's the connetion there please?

What I would like to see is an LSWR/SR H15 4-6-0. I also acknowledge that it is rather unlikely that anyone will do this fairly small class of mixed traffic locomotives, not least because it is a small class and has at least three or four major variations within the class ... in fact, some members weren't even built as H15s to start with (E14 and F13 'paddleboxes', anyone? 🤣 ). There were some attractive liveries applied to members of the class, and they were used on all sorts of trains, including express passenger on occasions.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Had a good chat with Fran at the North Down show about this subject. Nothing revealed, but their thought processes about this are positive for the hobby.  We just have to wait and see what their marketing people think will return a profit for them while  trying to please us……

• Like 2

As I see it, there are A LOT of locomotive classes that haven't been made in RTR ,or not even had kits available.Some are quite large classes,not withstanding the DX goods mentioned before,but locos such as the Fowler 7F, the Fowler/Stanier 3P tanks already alluded to, on the Southern there's the U/U1 classes,Q class 0-6-0, C2X, the LNER has J classes everywhere,K4,B16,all sorts really, whilst glaring gaps in the GWR are Saints and County's,both done to a lesser standard in the past.Im not a fan of continually updating perfectly serviceable models from the past but these are in need of it,however I can't see another GWR 4-6-0 appearing so soon after the Manor

AS are probably leaning towards locos with preserved examples ,as most manufacturers do for obvious reasons.If they choose something already made before but in need of an update, likely candidates are an 8F or a D49,something new may be a K4 or Gordon Highlander,which would please the SECR fans too.An older style pannier tank would go down well too,2021 anybody?

But please no Bulleid Pacifics/Patriots/57XX/A3 etc,there are decent enough models out there,let's have something new 

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Damo666 said:

That's what I understood, which is why I am confused as IRM have some MM locos on their website. What's the connetion there please?

No connection other than we (IRM) act as an online retailer in Ireland for some of the Murphy’s range. 
The Irish market is a very different marketplace to that in Britain, and MM are the only other RTR manufacturer in that space. Indeed, it is purely down to Paddy that there is an RTR market for Irish outline stock.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

15 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

Wow hold up. We've barely had the first model, with a second already announced.... 

This said a 57XX/8750 would be a good staple, with lots of potential, and the Bachmann model is showing its age

If I have understood correctly a 57xx is on the Hornby list for future TT120 releases. If so there must be a strong possibility that they have been working on one in 00 as well, to maximise the value of the research etc.? The design challenges will be different, but that seems to be the logic behind their other future releases.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold

Whilst it is not physically or emotionally possible to reach an official state of being 'all panniered out' in terms of 57XX and 8750 locos, it is on the other hand not inconceivable that the underlying meaning of this sentence might resonate with some readers.

That said, whilst I would certainly buy at least one example of an Accurascale 57XX or 8750 pannier, there is a somewhat higher likelihood that I would buy more than one example of an older design of pannier, such as a 2021 or a 2721 class, especially if the RTR model leant itself well towards a conversion to P4.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
57 minutes ago, Pteremy said:

If I have understood correctly a 57xx is on the Hornby list for future TT120 releases. If so there must be a strong possibility that they have been working on one in 00 as well, to maximise the value of the research etc.? The design challenges will be different, but that seems to be the logic behind their other future releases.

Maybe so but we all know the Accurascale model would get into the First Class Pannier Lounge.

• Agree 2