The next Accurascale steam loco in OO ???

• RMweb Gold
58 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

?type=og-image

A very familiar sight at Bank Top station in the early seventies, although I never felt brave enough to climb all over it.

Steve

• RMweb Gold

I have no idea what is next, as I wait for Hattons to send out my Manor, but I am surprised there is no modern version of a Royal Scot from anyone yet.

70 engines, original and rebuild possible from a well-designed chassis, running on high profile trains for much of their lives.

• Agree 3

10 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Could you be more Pacific 🤣

The P2 has just been done, as has the APT-P, would a P1 do?

Or are you simply being polite and saying please for some Paneer.

A Patriot perhaps, take another model from Hornby?

8 minutes ago, HExpressD said:

A Patriot perhaps, take another model from Hornby?

Perhaps a Precursor Tank as a precursor to a Precursor Whale.

But that gets me thinking about tank engines, P what P goes with tank engines, of course Percy!

So the good captain is after some better 1361 Saddle Tanks or maybe an 813 or 850 class which were of course the precursor to the almighty........P

• Funny 1

A D40 class Gordon Highlander is a beaut with several livery variations and a long history. There is one preserved so data,drawings ,scans etc no problems.

Being Scottish will be a draw for many of us too, me included.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I'd like a Collett Goods or a 14xx, but I doubt we'll see either of those. Shame, because I think both could use a refresh - especially the latter, where the old ex-Airfix Hornby version is really the only one on the market, the DJM one is pretty rare. A new 14xx, and one which doesn't have running problems, is definitely something that some manufacturer needs to tackle sooner or later. 

• Agree 4

12 minutes ago, Strathwood said:

You watch how many DJ/Hattons hit the market as soon as a respected manufacturer takes up the 14xx challenge properly, before the prices of second hand 14xx drops like a stone. Options anyone...

Kevin

Why do a 14xx when it’s likely a competitor doing an auto coach and a recent CAD might be doing the same.  

Mind you could same the same about a certain P that could go through a shrink ray too.

How about a Southern U/U1/N/N1  class 2-6-0 with the possible option of a 2-6-4 River to? . Plenty of different variants and different liveries. The Bachmann N is very old tooling now. If it was designed correctly it could to all variants? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

image.png.79c11bbe4258f8bde0dfb33ec691487d.png

Stanier Jubilees, in their various guises - (nearly) guaranteed to be a very popular choice!

My Dad started on the Railways in 1958, and I remember him telling me that before it shut, Burton on Trent shed had multiples of these as general use power from 61/62 onwards, so they could be justified on layouts of almost any size.

Probably with recent-format stratospheric pricing as well ... sorry, shouldn't mention prices!

A/S have good habit of a fresh face, fresh ideas and observations, excellent models and fair market pricing ...

I recently modified a Bachmann 'Hong Kong' into a Bahamas, fitting an aftermarket chimney modified to try and resemble the double rings at the top, and glossed as Bahamas is quite probably the most impeccably turned out locomotive on the rails in half of the photos.

Al.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, phil gollin said:

Accurascale/Murphy models

Murphy Models are an entirely different company altogether Phil - our Irish sister company is Irish Railway Models (IRM)

• Informative/Useful 1