RMweb

☆ SWAG Members Day- SUNDAY 28th APRIL 2024☆

NHY 581

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Morning all, 

Things have been a bit quiet as of late but to reassure all,  work is ongoing with SWAG. 

We, dare I say it,  have another good and varied selection of layouts once again this year presented within the usual informal and convivial surroundings. 

With SWAG now a matter of a little over ten weeks away, there is much tweaking going on in the background. The good news is that it does look as if it will fit..........ish. 

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, RobAllen said:

Irritatingly, I need to be in the USA that weekend meeting new client. Gutted!

Ahem.....cough.......With all due respect to Sir, Sir needs to prioritise.....USA indeed...! 

Damn those colonials ! 

They won't have Vietnamese Coffee cake you know.... most likely no Courgette and cream cheese muffins or Welsh cakes and definitely no pastys. 

Good God man ! 

Have you taken leave of your senses ? 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Damn those colonials ! 

They won't have Vietnamese Coffee cake you know.... most likely no Courgette and cream cheese muffins or Welsh cakes and definitely no pastys. 

Good God man ! 

Have you taken leave of your senses ? 

Very compelling arguments!

Unfortunately, my wife and mortgage provider have this unreasonable expectation that I should earn money…

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, RobAllen said:

Very compelling arguments!

Unfortunately, my wife and mortgage provider have this unreasonable expectation that I should earn money…

B****r.....

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, 

The spotlight this morning falls on one of our esteemed traders. In this case............

Mudmagnet Models. 

https://mudmagnet-models.sumupstore.com

https://mudmagnet-models.sumupstore.com/products

Richard, aka @mudmagnet offers a range of 3D printed bits and bobs in 4mm and 7mm. 

67ac675b-45cc-4389-ac60-e22d793f5a90.jpeg.jpg.e2d28c627e8ee642c9d01320a20a26a9.jpg

9e1eae49-2bd4-45c9-8d65-f3c664cd595c.jpeg.jpg.23e739b92084ce6ea944db15cf86b247.jpg

96250965-c997-4c8c-aee7-2b1919a09ad5.jpeg.jpg.0eb2dcf2f5db9c0da7f0ccbfaaf0d9ca.jpg

It's simply those little somethings which can add so much character to those all important little places. I'm not one for figures on a layout but some carefully placed accessories such as those produced by Richard can suggest the presence of human life equally as well. 

0d8a6069-7bc3-4568-bc0c-c9f265f23486.jpeg.jpg.3fe3234fd998706888414e6e1e786ace.jpg

And he's a pretty good modeller as well.......( as you can see from the images of his products above ) 

Use the links above to see what else Mudmagnet Models can offer and get those pre-orders in so that Richard can bring these along for you to collect on the day. 

Rob. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

* Austerity 0.6.0st are not small. Bloody great bruisers of locos actually and in some quarters are considered honorary Panniers..........

The Supreme Pannier is still considering this very question, but reliable sources inform that the decision is minded to be on the favourable side... (provided they stay in their own First Class Lounge).

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all, 

45C2ACEA-FD6D-4B12-BC7D-D6DE1E2494D7.jpeg.2ff22ad2155c4f89f832b4226d6adc37.jpeg-1.jpg.50421b76a1ec8fb311771afb4dbfc3a7.jpg

Well, the countdown continues and this weekends featured layout is @JustinDean's nod to the Cromford and High Peak Railway. 

Those SWAG regulars may well remember @Alister_G's lovely Ladmanlow Sidings from a couple of years ago. 

Well this year, Jay brings more Cromfordy in the shape of Middleton Top.  I have to say, he is really capturing the essence of this arguably iconic location by combining scratchbuilt structures along with faithfully modelled scenery.

04E5FDA7-BBDE-40F3-AAF3-02B68BC52572.jpeg.e45e300d912231e336e2f4bd5a695498.jpeg.jpg.90b4bd52dfb3773c4a972629ac2dc706.jpg

Locos and stock on this much missed line were a real mixture of some quite archaic small* tank engines which made this line somewhat idiosyncratic. To model this, Jay has combined detailed ready to run locos with suitable kit built items.

0FF2CD87-879B-421D-8E46-4B478EF937E2.jpeg.eca50a4ce420e79a7d87f7257e96ebb5.jpeg.jpg.3295c3f4a2399b930d7599a3c01a67c8.jpg

Wagons are a similar mixture and they also include some lovely 3D printed water tanks. 

0560CE18-5947-43DD-8678-AE5AB097F8C9.png.386be6d7b6efae35c2354348a8e8ebb5.png.c0224f985b7fe91cb043d5b37fddc7f3.png

I know he is still beavering away on the layout so I for one am looking forward to seeing the fruits of his labours. 

566B32C5-F0AA-4E3F-8F03-A740DFD3E3D2.png.d1ccda8f0b74bc048414b2d7f4f83cf4.png.cf0639d31ea1550125610a65194efece.png

Here then are a few images by Jay to whet the appetite. Remember, this is very much a work in progress....( the paint might even still be wet on the day so be careful !). 

6FA97961-A883-4D5C-AFCE-6F1CA44AE429.jpeg.f5d91d73c17947c21941f97e676e8d90.jpeg.jpg.5747b88a9a04da02a40699dbd0ac1faa.jpg

Rob. 

* Austerity 0.6.0st are not small. Bloody great bruisers of locos actually and in some quarters are considered honorary Panniers..........

Thanks Rob!

There may be wet bits on the layout. I’ve got a job/snag list as long as yer arm. On the next few weeks I’ve also got to squeeze in a holiday, moving out of my house and recording an album so definitely feeling the pressure!

Jay

• Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, JustinDean said:

Thanks Rob!

There may be wet bits on the layout. I’ve got a job/snag list as long as yer arm. On the next few weeks I’ve also got to squeeze in a holiday, moving out of my house and recording an album so definitely feeling the pressure!

Jay

Don’t feel pressured, Jay. SWAG is not a show.

It’s taking your trainset out to a mate’s house for a day with other mates and their trainsets, with tea, CAKE and chatting thrown in. 

It will be fine. 

Rob

Edited by NHY 581
Emphasis added to CAKE
  • Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Don’t feel pressured, Jay. SWAG is not a show.

It’s taking your trainset out to a mate’s house for a day with other mates and their trainsets, with tea, cake and chatting thrown in. 

It will be fine. 

Rob

"CAKE" "CAKE"

IMG_4160.webp.525ef55d559bcdf320db11e9ff9ae1ab.webp

Did someone mention "Cake" thIs is the first of many reminders that the "upselling, arm twisting, I mean purveyors of hearty snacks and drinks team" welcome donations on the day of cakes of any style, size, chocolate, non chocolate or even vegetable... (yes vegetable based cake counts as one of your five a day...) to ensure everybody who attends goes home properly full of cake  (as well of course admiration of all the other exhibits that make up this cake event). 

• Like 8
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Graham_Muz said:

"CAKE" "CAKE"

IMG_4160.webp.525ef55d559bcdf320db11e9ff9ae1ab.webp

Did someone mention "Cake" thIs is the first of many reminders that the "upselling, arm twisting, I mean purveyors of hearty snacks and drinks team" welcome donations on the day of cakes of any style, size, chocolate, non chocolate or even vegetable... (yes vegetable based cake counts as one of your five a day...) to ensure everybody who attends goes home properly full of cake  (as well of course admiration of all the other exhibits that make up this cake event). 

Further to Graham's CAKE appeal........I can confirm that there will be a Vietnamese Coffee cake as well as a Courgette sponge. The trialled Lemon cake did not pass muster and will not be deployed. Welsh cakes however are being refined and have reached close to optimum development. On the subject of development, @mozzer models aka Brian from 247 Developments normally sorts out Welsh cakes as in providing rather than scoffing.......though he has a good go...

And on the subject of scoffing..........

Fair warning  @Stubby47 normally disposes of any unattended Chocolate cake so DO NOT leave any of your plates containing same in his vicinity. If you do and it mysteriously vanishes, do not lodge a complaint with  Event Management.

It will be met with the same vacant expression as @Stubby47 if you ask him if he's seen your chocolate cake.........

Edited by NHY 581
Cake
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Sadly I won't be attending this year's cake, pasty, and evil pannier event. The chip shop in Minehead, the pubs in Taunton and the great cider farm, which are all now part of the Members Day extravaganza weekend, are now safe.

• Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, 2ManySpams said:

Sadly I won't be attending this year's cake, pasty, and evil pannier event. The chip shop in Minehead, the pubs in Taunton and the great cider farm, which are all now part of the Members Day extravaganza weekend, are now safe.

You will be missed, Old Fruit. On a positive though, the intended location of your demo stand in the Gents is now available. 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold

ADMIN NOTICE. NO.1 OF 2024

Card payments.........

All our traders will be able to take card payments on the day as will the bring and buy. 

Catering

Purchases from our Crack Catering Team for teas, coffees, CAKE etc will be CASH only. 

DONATIONS...............

Entry

SWAG Members Day remains a FREE to enter event once again. 

BUT...There are running costs associated with the day.....

A donation made via the various receptacles located around the hall will go some way to ensure we can repeat this in 2025.

Please drop in whatever you can afford. 

WE DO NOT SEEK TO MAKE PROFIT. ONLY TO COVER OUR RUNNING COSTS. 

• Round of applause 3
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

Seeing as how Mr Spams has unfortunately had to withdraw, would it be possible to request a larger plot in order to cater for an increase in the chocolate cake eating area?

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Fair warning  @Stubby47 normally disposes of any unattended Chocolate cake so DO NOT leave any of your plates containing same in his vicinity. If you do and it mysteriously vanishes, do not lodge a complaint with  Event Management.

It will be met with the same vacant expression as @Stubby47 if you ask him if he's seen your chocolate cake.........

Apparently Mrs Stubby sees nothing incorrect, libelous or otherwise insulting in this statement, in fact it would appear a total agreement is proposed. 

As such, there maybe some sort of chocolate cake donated to the cause ( @Graham_Muz) , however, this may or may not be complete on arrival.

• Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Stubby47 said:

Seeing as how Mr Spams has unfortunately had to withdraw, would it be possible to request a larger plot in order to cater for an increase in the chocolate cake eating area?

Does this mean, Stubbers, that you are offering to take up Spam's vacated spot in the Gents ? 

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Apparently Mrs Stubby sees nothing incorrect, libelous or otherwise insulting in this statement, in fact it would appear a total agreement is proposed. 

As such, there maybe some sort of chocolate cake donated to the cause ( @Graham_Muz) , however, this may or may not be complete on arrival.

My initial warning was fact based and for the avoidance of doubt, given in good faith, wholly and most comprehensively based on first hand observations conducted over previous events and after event ' in confidence' testimonials provided. It was  therefore felt only right and proper that such a warning should be issued and brought to the attention to that most trusting proportion of the  public visiting on the day in a conscientious and most heartfelt effort to avoid any unfortunate issues arising from the inadvertent and obviously 'erroneous consumption' ( hurried or otherwise) of third party cakeage which may have been considered to have been 'abandoned' or 'donated'........Please note, the displaying of signage encouraging cake donations to said demonstrator are not permitted, even if said signage suggests no cake has been consumed for a number of minutes. 

Rob

• Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2