RMweb

Hornby 2024 range announcements

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold

Purple 67 is a surprise, thought that might have been a collectors club item, that’s about it for me, the GB one is nice but surprisingly of no interest to me

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, The Outcast said:

Wow, that was a letdown. Locomotion 1 is interesting though. 

Yep, as predicted no 'big bang' there, very underwhelming in the post SK era. Better than the traditional over promising IMHO.

edit: Ooh second look and Seacows at 38 quid list is good going.

edit2: A class 47 with TXS sound at 120 quid list also looks like a jolly good deal.

Edited by spamcan61
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2

Locomotion is a huge surprise. I did not think it would be possible to replicate all that fine motion in this scale.

And Connie making a return! We were discussing that the other day and I said "nah, never, who wants a generic industrial?" and here she is.

A few interesting items but also far too much memorabilia. Modern versions of old Triang sets are not for me personally.

The IOW coaches... are they ex LCDR stock I wonder....

• Agree 3

Interesting to see another HAA run considering how many are still floating about from the last run. 

The price of the Seacows looks like it’ll be fairly reasonable too. Shame there was no more TEAs in earlier liveries. 

Clearly a year of catch-up for Hornby but good to see the trout wagons making a return. 61306 is a nice surprise. 

One slight thing I’ve noticed, the tables of updates on existing items, there’s one table that’s missing anticipated release months (the one including the majority of the black 5s). 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Phil Parker said:

Locomotion isn't just a 3D print either - there are plenty of components already in tooling.

Locomotion Bts.JPG

The clear plastic box at the top is a prototype for the carrying cradle to protect those vulnerable waggly bits in storage/transit.

And the NRM already sell S&D chaldrons which match this perfectly, so will it be possible to add magnetic chain couplings to this loco that comes with those wagons ? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, big jim said:

Purple 67 is a surprise, thought that might have been a collectors club item, that’s about it for me, the GB one is nice but surprisingly of no interest to me

GBRF 67 is already back with Colas and carrying their logos isn’t it? That is only thing I might have been half interested in, and only if it was the better version with working lights and better chassis/motor but not now it’s not going to used by GBRF..

Edited by norfolkchinaclay
Text
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, GreenGiraffe22 said:

I shall be interested to see Muz's usual product roundup from a Southern perspective 😅

Oh well. 

Locomotion is kinda cool 

See here :) https://southern-railway.com/2024/01/09/Hornby-announce-part-of-the-their-2024-range-southern-modelers-can-relax/ 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Can I just be the first to say.....

There's nothing there for me! 🙂

OK, having got that out of the way, it's not a hugely interesting set of releases. But Locomotion No 1 is the one I hadn't expected. I might actually buy that, just for the sake of it, even though I've got no jusification whatsoever for running it.

• Agree 3

Locomotion No 1, interesting choice. There were a few hints in the latest Hornby A Model World series- IIRC there was a large scale model of it in shot at one point.

Otherwise, oh dear.

Several items from that list I can already see ending up in bargain bins - WWII black W1, Tiger, IoWC four wheelers, possibly the Triang nostalgia sets too.

As for the B1, which is it? 61306 or 61379?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Regarding the Tri-ang 0-4-0T, has there been some erroneous posting?

Nellie was the blue locomotive, Connie was the yellow one and Polly the red?

Edited by adrianmc
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, norfolkchinaclay said:

if it was the version with working lights and better motor etc.

Given that the price is listed as £195 on Hornby’s site, I’d say it is definitely the full detail model. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, adrianmc said:

Regarding the Tri-ang 0-4-0T, has there been some erroneous posting?

Nellie was the blue locomotive, Connie was the yellow one and Polly the red?

The information provided in advance was contradictory between images and short descriptions, the latter appear to have been incorrect.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Have to admit. first year I've felt it's been a bit of a let down and underwheming. Actually nothing I can think of pre-ordering except the Christmas Wagon and maybe the GBRF 67, but it has went back to Colas livery already...

Edited by Richy59
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1