RMweb

Hattons Model Railways to close

AY Mod

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Rich Uncle Skeleton said:

Even the model power 0-4-0 s are gone. 

They were unusual looking locomotives.  I know they were free lance, but were there any 0-4-0 tender locomotives in real life?

13 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

They were unusual looking locomotives.  I know they were free lance, but were there any 0-4-0 tender locomotives in real life?

Yes. Loads of early locomotives such as on the Furness Railway where three are preserved, but the last 0-4-0 tender loco running about on the mainline were the NBR/LNER Y10s.

https://www.lner.info/locos/Y/y10wheatley.php

Jason

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, big jim said:

I’m pretty sure I’ve just made my final Hatton order, their own brand 18 pin decoders are down to £8.50 so I’ve bought half a dozen to put into stock (I may well order some more before they finally close though!) 

and being as they have all gone that was indeed my final Hatton order!

• Friendly/supportive 1

3 minutes ago, MarkSG said:

Well, whatever they were they didn't last very long. All I'm seeing now is track!

You may need to refresh your page, and make sure you are looking under preowned.  I'm showing 87 items

hattons.JPG

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Must have found a box hiding somewhere...

I'm wondering if these are returns that could not be sold for some reason.  The LMS Princess Alexandra looks like the one that I bought a few months ago.  It was in the latest release box, but it was actually a 20yr old model from one of the boxed train packs. Was in terrible condition, so Hattons asked for it back, full refund including return postage.

If anyone here is looking at it, buyer beware.. it's in very rough shape.. unless Hattons fixed it up.

• Informative/Useful 1

Last order placed with Hattons (not including my Barclay pre-order), purchased an item in a completely new scale to me as a bit of a project. 

Starting out a new scale with a Hattons purchase, it's like when I returned to the hobby all over again. 

For any Hattons staff that may see this, thanks all for everything, this hobby means a lot to me and you've helped in that a great deal. 

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, br-nse-fan said:

You may need to refresh your page, and make sure you are looking under preowned.  I'm showing 87 items

Ah! You have to go specifically to the "preowned" link at the top of the page. Just including preowned in the "closing down sale" page doesn't show them.

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, br-nse-fan said:

hattons.JPG

Think thats today's preowned stock thats literally just been uploaded. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, melmerby said:

Over 100 items were added today and in the last 30mins there are only 63 x 00 items left

I snagged 7 of them.. lol.. and here I thought I was done..

Well done Hattons, well done.. you managed to pry my wallet open once again!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

They are "selling like hot cakes" as each time I look, several more have gone.

00 pre-owned down to 35 items.

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Gold

Well that my third, and final, "last" trunk emptying with Hattons.

I hope no one else closes down; I don't think my wallet could handle another closing down sale!

Wishing everyone at Hattons, owners and staff, well for the future.

Thanks for the memories, the friendly help and advice, and for all the trains over the years. 

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Last "in stock" order from the trunk arrived, courtesy of Amazon, at the same time as another from Amazon itself.

That was quick. Hattons picked packed and despatched the item yesterday, arrived 6 pm today.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I did take one last look at the preowned for old times sake before I deleted the shortcut and, blow me down, they only went and managed to persuade me to buy something!!!  Non runner kit built NBL Class 16 in N scale on a reportedly non running Farish chassis.  Even if the body turns out to be beyond rescue, the chassis spares are probably worth it.

• Like 1

Oh lordy, I thought I was finished and yet I had to browse the 'pre-owned'. I don't think I've ever previously bought any Hattons preowned items because I am exposed (through auctions, shows, my MRC, toyfairs) to more than enough secondhand. This was - objectively - overpriced at £42, but it is very hard to find, a genuine, built MTK Class 56. It's listed as a 'poor runner' but in the world of MTK that equates to 'It works! Mwahahahaha!'. And it means one final order placed in the last 24 hours of trading. I shall pose it proudly alongside my Cavalex Class 56 🙂
https://www.hattons.co.uk/1562092/kitbuilt_kb3055_po_class_56_56133_crewe_locomotive_works_in_br_large_logo_blue_built_from_unknown_/stockdetail

Edited by andyman7
  • Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

5 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Is it a tender loco if the wagon of coal is wooden and connected to the loco with ordinary buffers and coupling?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/terry_browne/galleries/72157630839442370/with/7583874044

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1