Welcome to Accurascale's Lifetime Warranty, For Future, Present and Past Models

Well, I think I for one must say that this is a very welcome and very generous position to take.   I for one have a number of both motorised and non-motorised models, worth probably several thousands of pounds, many of which don't run much at the moment as I am still in the process of building my own and a club layout suitable to run them on.

So, a big thank you to the team at Accurascale for this!  

• Like 3
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Dixie Dean said:

Well, I think I for one must say that this is a very welcome and very generous position to take.   I for one have a number of both motorised and non-motorised models, worth probably several thousands of pounds, many of which don't run much at the moment as I am still in the process of building my own and a club layout suitable to run them on.

So, a big thank you to the team at Accurascale for this!  

I'm also in a similar position so this is extremely welcome news and goes above and beyond what I'd have expected. 

Well done. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

Excellent news from Accurascale.

Two technical clarifications if I may, having read the T&C's (and apologies if I've missed the answers elsewhere):

1) does this extend to models bought "As new" or similar on well known auction sites from unofficial 'traders' (those hoping to make a quick buck but not understanding your pre-order process!!)

2) Can analogue locos be used safely with a 'Relco' type high frequency cleaner?

Thanks.

Considering the substantial investment - for me - I'll be putting into Accurascale, like many others (many a huge amount more than I) - this is incredible news and THANK YOU.

Accurascale continues to tick all of the boxes!!

Al.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Well done Accurasale, certainly a very welcome feature.  All the more so for locos that you bought because it looks nice, but very rarely run like the Porterbrook Deltic.

One question if I may

(g) to a product that has been modified to alter appearance, functionality or capability;

Should you weather a model, or add different couplings (or even fitting your finescale wheels), would this invalidate the warranty should something unrelated (eg a motor failure) happen?  Or does this just mean that if you make a mistake and brake something while you are doing the weathering/rewheeling/fitting your Accurascale crew etc you are (understandably) not covered

• Like 1

Excellent news. Accurascale leading the way yet again. 

Gaugemaster do a lifetime guarantee on their controllers and I contacted them about a controller I had bought 20 years previously. Told me to send it back they repaired it and sent it back quickly. Brilliant service. 

Therefore it's great that you are offering this. Let's be honest locomotives are not cheap and this gives peace of mind for the future. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

That is a big commitment and deserves a perpetual round of applause in my view.

It particular helps those who have put faith in purchases and might not have their layouts in a suitable state to properly run them on right now.

I only recently got mine up and running with the basics and have had a couple of issues which you guys are sorting through. 

Thanks,

Richard.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Great news.  I, like many others, have models not yet run as my layout is under construction.  Hopefully I won't find any problems when I do set them on the track but it's good to know that you are there if needed.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, ruggedpeak said:

Excellent news from Accurascale.

Two technical clarifications if I may, having read the T&C's (and apologies if I've missed the answers elsewhere):

1) does this extend to models bought "As new" or similar on well known auction sites from unofficial 'traders' (those hoping to make a quick buck but not understanding your pre-order process!!)

2) Can analogue locos be used safely with a 'Relco' type high frequency cleaner?

Thanks.

Hi @ruggedpeak,

1 - If they sourced the locomotive new from us (for example, an official trade partner) then yes. If not, then technically in our eyes it is second hand. We list our traders on our website, so always worth cross checking before you buy. However, and with any 2nd hand model, we would always repair it for you where we can, it would just incur a cost rather than be covered by our warranty.

2 - No. We really don't recommend them with our locos! 

4 minutes ago, The Fatadder said:

Well done Accurasale, certainly a very welcome feature.  All the more so for locos that you bought because it looks nice, but very rarely run like the Porterbrook Deltic.

One question if I may

Should you weather a model, or add different couplings (or even fitting your finescale wheels), would this invalidate the warranty should something unrelated (eg a motor failure) happen?  Or does this just mean that if you make a mistake and brake something while you are doing the weathering/rewheeling/fitting your Accurascale crew etc you are (understandably) not covered

Hi @The Fatadder,

If it hasnt caused the failure, then yes, the locomotive would still be covered by our warranty. So, if you renumbered a loco, and a year later the factory fitted sound decoder goes pop, we will cover it. However, if you repaint it, or weather it, or damage it and then look for a new body to be covered by warranty, then naturally we wouldnt cover that. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Premium

Astounding ,theres no other word for it,you are the modellers model maker,from day one ive wished success to you guys and your up front honest approach,you out strip Hornby Dublo and thats something few would expect,you need to start production of pacemakers as as sideline.......:),it is ok to take them out the box right?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Dixie Dean said:

I presume that you're OK with changing CVs and that doing so doesn't invalidate the warranty?

Hi @Dixie Dean,

Altering CVs is fine once it's in the parameters of the decoders capabilities. They're designed to be altered after all, so we would see no issue there.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 6

This is very generous and most welcome, thank you.

I, like a few others here, have invested in a few of your locos and have only been able to run them in on some rolling wheels, until such time as I get my layout constructed. Whilst I have faith in your production ability, we all know the odd Friday afternoon model can come off the assembly line, so your news today will give me a further degree of comfort.

....... and should also put a stop to some of the nay-sayers popping up on other threads wanting to complain rather than find solutions.

Manufacturer of the Year award vote coming your way.

• Like 7
  • Agree 3

Wow what an announcement! Many of us, including myself, don’t have a large disposable income to spend on models and the ones we do purchase mean a lot to us and we hope they give us a lifetime of enjoyment. Thank you for announcing this new lifetime warranty. 

A pre-order will be going in for the 7800 Manor Class locomotive in O gauge as soon as you announce it soon - hint hint wink wink 😉

• Like 2

I posted here a month or so ago about having a less than stellar experience with my two Accurascale locos. As they say, this changes everything and I applaud Accurascale for their commitment to their product. The terms and conditions seem to reasonably cover what could go wrong over time. Well done.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

This is very welcome and quite clever because it allows Accurascale to push back very gently on a difficult issue: People still using ancient DC controllers.

• Agree 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

Wow, even from Accurascale that's not something I was expecting. But, as you say, you like to shake things up. 👍

What I wouldn't give to take a look at the spreadsheet... 😅

• Like 1

Hopefully it will lead to a further cull of H&M intermixing with modern locos:

"The Accurascale Limited Warranty does not apply: ... (c) to damage resulting from use with a third party component or product, including but not limited to use with older power supplies (e.g. Hammant & Morgan Clipper) which output impure transformation of mains AC voltage to DC voltage...."

• Like 4