RMweb

Peterborough North

great northern

I wonder why 514 never got a nice rimmed chimney like the rest of the class?

Maybe somebody in an office at Doncaster had decided that the rimless chimney went with the look of the rest of the machine. 

What did Boris allegedly say...."polishing a......."

Maybe somebody in an office at Doncaster had decided that the rimless chimney went with the look of the rest of the machine.

What did Boris allegedly say...."polishing a......."

Hi Gilbert

A2/3 60519 Honeyway was never fitted with a rimmed chimney either to the best of my knowledge.

Regards

David

Edited by landscapes

• RMweb Premium

Hi Gilbert

A2/3 60519 Honeyway was never fitted with a rimmed chimney either to the best of my knowledge.

Regards

David

Thanks David, I thought there was another one, but I wasn't sure. Mind you, for us down south it might as well not have existed.

• Like 1

I have chaired a meeting. It was full of positive and sensible contributions, a sensible conclusion was reached, and quite quickly too. One to remember.

I don't think I've posted this view which I took the other day.

attachicon.giftower.JPG

I can be certain that you haven't yet seen the Craigentinny to KX Goods Class C, routed via the Up slow, and headed by Thane of Fife, which will have visted Craigentinny, but not for several years.

attachicon.gif3 505 1.JPG

You are doing it to me again with Thompson pacifics!!!

That three quarter forward view of 'The Thane' emphasises that she is a brutally attractive beast!!!

You know I have a thing about these engines!!!!

The shot of the engineers yard is superb as well, loads of atmosphere!

I'd have to play with it if 'twere mine!!!

Mind you, I've got a thing about any form of Sentinels as well!!

Chris.

Gilbert,

on the Rails of Sheffield website today.  Really exciting news they are selling lots of lovely "Golden Age Models" "oo" gauge Gresley Crimson & Cream coaches,  ideal for a layout based in 1958 :nono: .. There purchase could be partly funded by the sale of those Hornby Gresleys  :no:

When I saw this I instantly thought of you. :O

Regards,Derek.

Edited by CUTLER2579

Syd,

Broadly speaking they represent the same type of prototype coach but at about 7 times the price.My post to Gilbert was a little tongue in cheek as I do know him and so was just a bit of fun.However the first part of this post is accurate.

Regards,Derek.

Edited by CUTLER2579

• RMweb Premium

Syd,

Broadly speaking they represent the same type of prototype coach but at about 7 times the peice.My post to Gilbert was a little tongue in cheek as I do know him and so was just a bit of fun.However the first part of this post is accurate.

Regards,Derek.

The first part of your post is accurate Derek, but the coaches aren't, or they weren't as first delivered anyway. I bought a couple, but sent them back and got a refund. Some of the problems were, I believe, put right, but one in particular meant that I wouldn't look at them again. Quite simply, the way thet are done makes the beading very hard to see, so that the effect is of a metal bodied coach. I won't be tempted, and they are end vestibuled cars anyway, and it is good all door stock I need.

I did realise you were having a bit of fun, by the way.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Derek, just wanted to be sure they are the correct ones. I've just ordered the seven coach set plus an extra coach.

They are quite a bargain compared to getting a set made. I was unaware of the Gresley Hornby issue until I became a 'Gilbert follower' <g>

I don't think the sale of my Hornbys will contribute much! Apologies to Gilbert for the intrusion, but it was an emergency...

Regards, Syd

• RMweb Premium

Ah! I had the above post sitting ready to send before lunch so pressed the button without refreshing the page first. I couldn't find any pictures of them good enough nor any articles to show details but I'll be happy enough as it was the 'turnunder' that was annoying me more than the other details.

I wonder are they old stock, as they are not shown on the Golden Age website.

Still happy to be getting them, something different!

Syd,

as you are dealing with "Rails" as opposed to "Golden Age Models "  directly i will direct you  to a page that was until recently on their website.

http://www.goldenage...ent-appeal.html

This has already been posted under another topic in Rm Web.

Both "Rails" and "Ellis Clark" (one of the two importers of Daerstad products ) have been listing many items of stock in both O & OO gauges of "Golden Age Models" products.

Just as an aside, I feel it is a real shame for Quentin Poore who I found to be a real Gent.   I know that a member of Rm Web  (Horsetan)  who is I believe a Solicitor feels that his clients are not best off banking with Santandare..

Regards,Derek.      

Gilbert,

getting back on topic after me digressing.

I just love the photograph of 60505 Thane of Fife taken by our man lurking by Crescent box who is well positioned to get some broadside on shots..This is clearly one of his better ones      In the KRP mould in my opinion, just hope he doesn't get quite as forgetful as dear Keith.

Derek.

• RMweb Premium

Not one to complain, but isn't that front bogey out of line with the side frame?

Allan

Haven't heard from you for ages Allan. I'm glad you are back. I think that is just the camera playing tricks again. The loco runs as it should, so there is no misalignment.

We shall have a look over a wall. The white building on the corner was a pub, by the way.

attachicon.gifover the wall.JPG

Just a link, for copyright reasons... look particularly at the last image. http://www.peterboroughimages.co.uk/blog/category/citycentre/westwood-street/

A propos the “wonderful variety [of locos] in the days of steam”, it was also a time when our built environment was undergoing rapid and extensive change, and so much of the past (much of it more-or-less life-expired, to be fair) was swept away or changed beyond recognition. I do like the way this layout captures so much of that.

• RMweb Premium

G, are you putting another 'stilt shed' up against that Bridge behind the Footballer? In one of your mags you loaned me, it shows the under-bridge and next to bridge detail to some extent. I shall be returning that mag to you in due course.

Phil