Peterborough North

great northern

That is correct, all the range now have corrected horizontal beading. Unfortunately correcting the tumblehome (or more accurately turnunder) was a step too far that could not be done without massive retooling and cost. Even adding the Full Brake to the range was an unexpected bonus.

I wonder if they'll add an RF, in view of the additions to the southern range?

• RMweb Premium

A rather off-the-wall thought (and probably vain hope) occurred to me was that the R&D being done by Hatton's / Heljan to produce 7mm scale Gresley coaches might one day be used towards producing 4mm scale equivalents?

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/126455-lner-gresley-teak-coaches-in-o-gauge-from-hattons/

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A rather off-the-wall thought (and probably vain hope) occurred to me was that the R&D being done by Hatton's / Heljan to produce 7mm scale Gresley coaches might one day be used towards producing 4mm scale equivalents?

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/126455-lner-gresley-teak-coaches-in-o-gauge-from-hattons/

I was also thinking about that. The d.186 open would be very welcome.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I was also thinking about that. The d.186 open would be very welcome.

We can only hope. It might well be the best chance we'll get.

The Doncaster local has reached the last few yards of its slow journey. Focusing is always hit and miss when trying this shot, as it is very difficult to see the camera's viewing panel where it has to be positioned.

attachicon.gif15 1207 2.JPG

While the pilot brings in stock which will soon make an equally slow journey up the E. Lincs to Grimsby.

attachicon.gif1 N5 1.JPG

One of your best under the roof photo's Gilbert, very nice indeed. 

• RMweb Premium

So, up early to greet the people to do the pond. No show, no explanation or indeed any contact, so no job for them. I shall look elsewhere. Back then to normal routine, and to my visitor in a couple of hours, who is always reliable. Until then, and the arrival of goodies, more trains, both coal related. Empties Down.

post-98-0-73672200-1531296721_thumb.jpg

..... and loaded Up.

post-98-0-82977600-1531296767_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Annoying isn't it, when trades persons just don't turn up?

Then they will moan they can't make a living.

In the end, they did turn up. They had difficulty getting access to the back of my garden - no-one around that early to access the code to bring the blocking post down. All going well now, and I find that I have newts.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Did they say what type of newts they are?

If they are Great Crested newts then you will have to guard them with your life as they are a protected species.

Just in case have a look at:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/great-crested-newts-protection-surveys-and-licences

I am assured that they are common newts, and that I have no such problems. We had a suggestion a few years back that we had some in a pond at the  golf club, but when we called an expert in he told us that the great crested variety are very choosy about where they live, and that ours were just common, as it seems are mine.

• RMweb Premium

Did they say what type of newts they are?

If they are Great Crested newts then you will have to guard them with your life as they are a protected species.

Just in case have a look at:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/great-crested-newts-protection-surveys-and-licences

Perhaps better not to ask...

• RMweb Premium

Another shot of that 02 plodding onwards.post-98-0-80330700-1531383499_thumb.jpg

and then we come to one of my more spectacular senior moments. It was time for the Down White Rose, which I decided should be hauled by Wild Swan, fresh from being Timmed  a while back. Off I went to the place in which headboards reside, and knowing that the White Rose is the smallest headboard I have, there was no need to examine it more closely. Anyway, I could see the W as the first letter. So, board on loco, loco on train, train driven to spot seen below, and photo taken, plus some more which will follow. It was only when I zoomed in on this image while photoshopping that I noticed......

post-98-0-50716600-1531383913_thumb.jpg

...... that I now have another small headboard which begins with W. Anyway, this is all the fireman's fault, and it is definitely the White Rose. The fireman is also responsible for the other glaring omission. No ****** lamps. All in all, not one of my finest moments.

• Like 13

The finish on those two pacifics is so good I had to look and see if Doncaster was a real loco photoshopped.

Outstanding.

My mate, a birder, and also an old spotter, despises the name "Seagull" as being not of any REAL bird.....

Gilbert,

Like the Cut-Down tender on 60033,more of Tim's work I suggest. I don't recall 60034 or 60029 being so treated.Although I think I was so amazed by the impeccable finish of 60034 I may have missed it and needless to say from 745 pages I can't find the said photograph.

How rude to say you have only got Common Newts in the Bingham Area.

Ken Clarke would not be impressed. if Rushworth is your Constituency (Does not count as Political, I hope).

Regards,Derek.

• RMweb Premium

The finish on those two pacifics is so good I had to look and see if Doncaster was a real loco photoshopped.

Outstanding.

My mate, a birder, and also an old spotter, despises the name "Seagull" as being not of any REAL bird.....

The name? Generic, innit?