The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I'm wondering if I'll get the robocall announcing changed service dates with the 4th of July holiday next week.

We usually do, for holiday weeks, and I'm actually OK with getting them. It's a good reminder, although judging by the number (probably 80% or better!) of folks that STILL put them out on the incorrect day, they could probably save a few bob ($$) by not bothering...

Our municipality's low-tech solution - a free calendar with the exact pickup dates for every week in the year clearly marked. Lots of other useful dates and information on it, too! Edited by pH
  • Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Forgot to wish Ian best wishes and congratulations on ending The Great Commute (for now  anyway). Enjoy it while you can!

Oh and only just spotted Polly's  note about DD / dd

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Morning.  Already 23c, on a baked rock.

OF Bike club morning, so will take the Beemer with its gold-plated battery.  Indicators tested and functional.  It has to be said the new battery, an 'advanced glass mat' technology or something (non-spillable sealed) is mighty.  It throws the engine over like never before, as an 800cc twin it takes a fair chunk of power to turn it over, and this certainly has it.

Just heard Mrs NHN needs surgery to remove a large lump that has appeared on her hip, allegedly not nasty but it has to come off.  Laid up for a few weeks again in summer!  There'll be trouble.....

All the best for whatever the future brings, Roundhouse.

Went outside late last night to investigate a kerfuffle. The mutt is standing there holding a hedgehog in his jaws. I made him see reason and the hedgehog was released. With the mutt indoors the hedgehog eventually recovered and moved on. Whilst standing there watching it I could hear 2 others in the undergrowth.

Some builders are converting a loft across the road. Yesterday I asked the head honcho if he needed any workers. He said no but asked what I did. I explained that I have only ever done DIY but I can stand on a flat roof talking into a mobile phone like one of his guys does.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The saga of the missing little bit of plastic holding up production goes on. Seemingly the moulds were being transfered from one company to another and someone got the paperwork wrong. The moulds have been impounded by customs...

Are you sure that they're not some vital part of control gear for CO2 production...….

Jamie

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Are you sure that they're not some vital part of control gear for CO2 production...….

Jamie

I don't know about that but there has been a lot of hot air coming from very high above, another senior Enginner has said **** this, I don't need this grief and put his notice in...(3 gone / going since Christmas)

With sadly a friend of mine aslo  a senior engineer suddenly in  Hospital with bowel cancer, numbers in the department are going to be very light next month..

• Like 1

….Had hoped to see another England win last night. At least Belgium weren't nearly so dirty as their previous opponents, although one of their players springs to mind. Wonder how Columbia will be next week?....

I sort of had a feeling that there wasn't going to be a third win, not with the frontline players being rested and their replacements being given mileage time to find their feet.

Fellaini - well, those elbows are quite sharp.

Colombia appear more dangerous than the other option (Japan) so of course England went for the difficult route. Japan similarly seemed to do it the hard way and now face Belgium; if Belgium maintain their consistency, Japan won't be too great a problem for them. My colleague reckons Belgium will go the whole way to the final.

Meanwhile, back in Germany.....

• Like 10

Greetings all, and hello to Jason Isaacs from a quite frankly ludicrously warm Aberdeenshire. People are audibly crackling as they go about their daily business. 

End of week and end of month; many, many projects to shepherd across the finish line this afternoon. However, modelling supplies have been received and I look forward to putting them to use this weekend. After spending months building bridges, I turn my attention to tunnels; apparently a change is as good as a rest. I've also got some DIY-ery to do in the morning, so a trip to B&Homewickes on the way home should see me right. I shall be mixing mortar and re-fixing the bricks on the patio steps. I also need to visit the Post Office: selling old but brand-new pointwork on eBay has proved surprisingly successful and netted me £80 in the last month. 

Kindly thoughts to them as would like them.
Tinkety-tonk, etc.
Gavin

• Like 18

Morning fellow ER's. I hope that this latest warm day finds you well. Generic greetings, congrats and commiserations as appropriate. Good luck to Ian on his last day.

Welcome to the Carn Brae Castle page:

post-13478-0-93580700-1530269598_thumb.jpg

This morning I have again taken advantage of not being at work, allowing myself to attend Amber's Sports Day. The weather was quite pleasant with a cooling breeze. Amber enjoyed herself and even managed to come second in her individual sprint final. Mind you she had enough practise after inadvertently joining in with the boy's sprint final and then seeing her race run twice after a false start in the first attempt. She was leading for much of the actual race, before being pipped on the line. Most importantly she smiled her way through the whole thing and enjoyed taking part.

Last night was an enjoyable catch up with some ex colleagues from the old school. Some interesting information was shared by those that remained. Apparently when the demon headmaster left, some of the children made him leaving cards. When he walked out at the end of the day he left all of the cards in the bin. He also sneaked out of his own staff leaving outing without saying good bye. That says a lot about the personality of the man.

The rest of today is planned to include more work on developing my business before attending a belated leaving party for a former teaching assistant of mine. She is another victim of the aforementioned headmaster.

Best wishes

Andy

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Meanwhile, the team are back in Germany.....

Duly amended.

There is a Downfall parody already out. (Link from the football thread)

It does contain a few swear words.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBPjr7ch2XE

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 3