The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

I've had my Shed since Oct 2014 and she's only been in 3 times, haha. She will even TEXT me when I'm in the Shed, from the Conservatory which is 3ft away if she want me:no:

You can see the Conservatory to the right in this pic during it's construction.:O

1915116184_ThePottingShed017.JPG.986d76a08ccc6a8a05eda22245467370.JPG

My shed is cunningly positioned at the top of about twelve steps. I'm usually summoned by the intercom on the wireless phone.

• Like 19

8 hours ago, Kingzance said:

... a certain Essex boy's recipe for cauliflower cheese ...

Sounds like a gastronomical crime perpetrated on your guests. No wonder they were so quickly flup. Had you some veritaserum, "Please sir, no more" they cried.

Why in the name of all that is sacred would cauliflower be on the Christmas menu?  I'd rather a double helping of the Brussels sprouts than a whiff of cauliflower in the kitchen.

In fairness I have had rather excellent roast cauliflower (with tumeric). My reflexive visceral disaffection for it stems from my mother's boiling it to within a moment of turning it to mush - which is quite dreadful. There is apparently now a thing called "cauliflower rice". This puts me in mind of something called a "zoodle" (a pasta substitute made from thinly grated lengths of zucchini, aka courgette).  I have not attempted either of them.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 9

26 minutes ago, AndyID said:

I thought it was Blitzen. Wasn't Blixen the PC at Dock Green?

Wikipedia:

In traditional lore, Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder (variously spelled Dunder and Donner) and Blitzen (variously spelled Blixen and Blixem).

Karen Blixen wrote "Out of Africa".

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 7

• RMweb Gold

Yes Michael, it was an undoubted gastronomical crime perpetrated by SWMBO (I was only obeying orders). Today and for the benefit of No1 granddaughter and self, I made a proper cauliflower cheese wherein one could find florets of the white vegetable that retained an al dente texture and a luscious creamy sauce oozing with Cheddar. The rest of them had to put up with just red cabbage and a purée of carrot, parsnip and swede.

Anyway, that’s it for another year and I can return to my sheltered existence for as long as there is SWMBO satisfying carp on the haunted fish tank. I have just made a nice muggertea and may not trouble the digestive tract again today.

Tomorrow sees me chauffeuring a less than grateful dowager duchess to her noon hospital appointment in Baldock. I have books to read and some photographic gadgets to learn about whilst waiting. On our return, we will be surprising the mutt from darntherode and bring him back to KZ Towers so he can have a respite from the excessive attentions of the three youngest grandkids whilst they demolish some alpine chalet. I shall have to be careful no harm comes to him.

As Blitzen of Block Green used to say “eveninawl”.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I heard fireworks earlier this evening as well, whatever for I have no idea. Because of the holidays bin day is delayed until Saturday but as the pink recycling sack was full its now ready to go out. Not that there would be a problem as there's nothing likely to pong or attract the foxes. Speaking of which they (the foxes) were making quite a racket last night right on the patio though they are not around tonight. Tea is waiting to be drunk, be back later.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

People on about cuddling dogs Zeus cuddled me then had a game of snapping his teeth, jumping on me, tried to tear the watch off my wrist, whacked me in the eye with one of 

his huge paws, tug of war with a rubber ring he climbed on my back while I was standing up he's like a bloody monkey with some of his stunts the list is endless I gave up at 7:30

and came home bruised and battered and seriously thinking about not looking after him again, he was with my Sil all day yesterday which is normally bad news for me the following day.

More new on the women front had about 6 scammers the past few days spent some time sorting that out just now.

Now Xmas is over it's back to the packing.

I.M. Pickfords 

• Friendly/supportive 16

5 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Now we have senseless morons letting off Rockets out the back of our Road.

Not your normal Woosh Bang, but loud enough to actually feel it through your feet indoors.

Wife and Dog are petrified.

I'm about three quarters of a mile from Andy and could hear a bl##dy things!

Night awl

Edited by laurenceb
fat fingers!
  • Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

Good King Sauerkraut looked out,

On his feets uneven ...

(Walt Kelly in the comic strip Pogo)

• Like 11
  • Funny 4