Model Rail Sentinel

LH&JC

The YouTube processing makes any movement appear jumpy when the uncompressed video isn't. It compares to a Bachmann 08 on the running stakes (and it doesn't get much better than that!!).

I'll post a new video shortly, showing the little beastie taking 2 whole minutes to traverse 10 inches :yahoo:

I was supposed to photocopy the ad for Chris to hand out at the show but I forgot until after he'd left the building. We're planning to e-mail him a poster to display but in the meantime, here's the telephone number for the order line (at Kernow) 01209 613984.

CHRIS LEIGH

• RMweb Gold

Just fantastic - reminds me of my summer holidays at Lowestoft where the Sentinels were seen on the harbour and fish market in addition to the sleeper works. Glad I've got mine on order....but also hoping a Lowestoft-shedded version will be done in the future...please :drinks:

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Well, I had already got one on order, for eventual conversion to P4, so that it can crawl out of the Cuthbertsons Chocolate factory private siding on Callow Lane with a rake of box vans, but I'm very much looking forward to running the sample on Engine Wood as well this weekend. Hopefully the sample also has a coupling hook, in which case look out for it on the colliery tripper into Engine Wood Exchange Siding, before it returns back to Combwich!

Hi Chris,

That is great news. I have ordered 2 (LNER & BR) and am looking forward to them. They look great and seem to run very well after all your tests. I managed to see a kit built one (possibly Nu-cast) on a layout at the Bristol Modelrailex while I was in the UK recently which only wet the appetite.

I look forward to getting my hands on the next Model Rail, which will be another 6 weeks away for us in OZ.

Thanks

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just had a email saying can i ring so there can take payment for the one i have on order

The first part-consignment arrives in the UK this week with further deliveries over coming weeks. We don't know which liveries are in which consignments so don't start worrying yet if someone receives theirs and you don't.

CHRIS LEIGH

The first part-consignment arrives in the UK this week with further deliveries over coming weeks. We don't know which liveries are in which consignments so don't start worrying yet if someone receives theirs and you don't.

CHRIS LEIGH

I have a GWR one on order so it look like thats in thw 1st batch

2nd heads up. My LNER Sentinel has been packed for despatch.

I have just received a similar email regarding the LNER version:

"Thank you for your order. The following items have now been packed in our mail room and will be despatched as soon as possible:

MR-002 MR Dapol Sentinel Steam Locomotive number 150 "

Edit: There was a painted LNER version on the Dapol stand at member's day last weekend, I don't know if it was powered or not but it was stood on a Model Rail box so could have been a production version, I didn't get time to ask.

Mike

Just to report a GWR version safely received in Birmingham this morning.....they're on their way!

Only got to look at it in passing so all i can say at this point is that Kernow have done their usual great job on packaging (unlike the packaging on the Special Edition Hornby Tornado also receivid today!) and that it looks great. I nearly said ahhhhhhhh when i saw it.....it's very 'cute' :D

Hi all,

Likewise an LNER version, received safely in Birmingham this morning. I would also reiterate the previous comments that these models have been very well packed to cope with the Royal Mail, all credit to Kernow and also to Model Rail magazine for taking the decision to use KMRC to handle and despatch the orders.

David

Guest Max Stafford

I placed an order for an early BR one, but I'm damned if I can find the email now.

Hope it was received OK! :fool_mini:

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

I have just spoken to Kernow to ask them not to send mine by post if they had it in stock (as I'm visiting the shop next week). I got the impression that they don't yet have all the variants, or the full order and they are despatching locos in strict rotation of customer ordering date, with lots of packing and despatching in full swing. Judging by where they were in relation to mine the first batch of GWR livery locos should be on their way very shortly.

• RMweb Gold

...... the first batch of GWR livery locos should be on their way very shortly.

Arrived this morning.

Very nice but alas not for me, so it's still in its box awaiting a certain Captain from these parts :D

• RMweb Gold

Arrived this morning.

Very nice but alas not for me, so it's still in its box awaiting a certain Captain from these parts :D

I'd have thought he could have popped down there to collect it for himself on one of his tours of inspectionwink.gif (incidentally thinking of your impending curry evening I have got a postcard picture of one in Singapore Waterworks liveryyahoo.gif).