RMweb

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

34 minutes ago, Southernman46 said:

Klopp leaving Liverpool .........................

As a neutral I have to say that is a real shame as I have rejoiced in his evident enthusiasm & passion for the role 

He'll be going to the German job I reckon. Nagelsmannn is only there until after the Euros and then will be looking for a job. Obvious shoe in as he's a similar type of manager.

Worth remembering he has been here for nine years. Not many managers manage to walk away at the right time. They usually have a bad spell and end up sacked or stay a bit too long like Fergie and Wenger both did.

Jason

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

I heard he's said he's exhausted, not surprising really, he arrived just as Pep arrived at City and they have "history". It'll be interesting if he takes a break or goes straight back into the fray in another country.

Anyone else watch that programme on the Beeb about Pep, most of it concentrating in his time with Barca and Bahern, but explained why he does what he does.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Sophia NSE said:

I'll just leave this here....

MAIDSTONE UNITED ARE IN THE 5TH ROUND OF THE FA CUP!!!!!!!!!

As an Ipswich supporter I'm not that miffed as they can now concentrate on reaching the Premiership.

• Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Out of curiosity in the AFCON semi shoot out if it had gone the distance would S Africa have had to miss out their 11th shot given the sending off. A free shot unpaired for Nigeria?

• Like 1

On 07/02/2024 at 22:15, john new said:

Out of curiosity in the AFCON semi shoot out if it had gone the distance would S Africa have had to miss out their 11th shot given the sending off. A free shot unpaired for Nigeria?

No. One of the players has to stand down and not be eligible to take a kick. I reckon they probably get a few volunteers to sit it out!

If it was still equal after all remaining twenty players had taken a kick then it would start again in the same order.

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

No. One of the players has to stand down and not be eligible to take a kick. I reckon they probably get a few volunteers to sit it out!

If it was still equal after all remaining twenty players had taken a kick then it would start again in the same order.

Thanks for that. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight was the first time I've missed VAR in the Championship this season. It's always a pity when the on pitch officials don't know the laws of the game -  they disallowed Leicester's second "goal" for offside completely in error.

Still Leicester should have been comfortably ahead, but missed at least two sitters as well, before the Leeds "deflection" revival kicked in.

At least it makes the Championship title race more interesting, since as a Leicester City fan I know they are well capable of cocking things up and have plenty of recent form in this respect.

Edited by cary hill
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Reorte said:

First win for Carlisle last night since the 1st Jan.

What year ? 

• Funny 4

• 1 month later...

Whatever happened to "Fergie Time"?

In those old days, there would be enough added time to afford Manchester United every opportunity to "get all they deserved" (to quote Radio 5 commentators - not my opinion!), so rather amusing to see the tables turned last night:  3-2 up after 99 minutes, 4-3 down after 102.

• Agree 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, EddieB said:

In those old days, there would be enough added time to afford Manchester United every opportunity to "get all they deserved" (to quote Radio 5 commentators - not my opinion!), so rather amusing to see the tables turned last night:  3-2 up after 99 minutes, 4-3 down after 102.

Everyone has woken up to Ten Hag's system.

If you drag the match out until a lot of extra time is needed, then they will collapse in a heap!

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, kevinlms said:

Everyone has woken up to Ten Hag's system.

If you drag the match out until a lot of extra time is needed, then they will collapse in a heap!

If the stadium had a watch which stopped and started on the referees whistle, then the game would go on a very lot longer

Though over the past week several games had little or similar stoppage time than was the norm prior to the new rules, since the world cup. But we see the officials unwilling to learn from other sports. example as in rugby when the referee indicates he is playing an advantage and then indicate when the advantage is over. IMO a much better system

Managers on the other hand look to exploit anything that would give their team an advantage, Impact players for second half substitutions. Now it seems we are going back on what is a foul, or rather when a foul is not a foul simply on the amount of force used. Or when is shirt pulling not a foul.  

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
On 05/04/2024 at 20:19, EddieB said:

How much 'Fergie Time' will they need and get at home to Liverpool?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, kevinlms said:

How much 'Fergie Time' will they need and get at home to Liverpool?

Also, will Liverpool get away with strangling 2 of the manure players? It's a tricky decision for the PL hierarchy having 2 cash cows playing each other.

Mike.

• Funny 2

As a City fan I hate to thank United, but I will in this case I will, if we aren't going to win it I'd much prefer Arsenal to win it rather than the moaners.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, Hobby said:

As a City fan I hate to thank United, but I will in this case I will, if we aren't going to win it I'd much prefer Arsenal to win it rather than the moaners.

A bit strong coming from the most hated team in the league.

Never mind hopefully all those 100 plus charges will eventually be dealt with and we'll see the back of the cheats and all those trophies will be dished out to the deserved winners.

Unfortunately the people in charge are just as corrupt as the team in a council owned stadium....

• Agree 4
  • Funny 1

5 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

A bit strong coming from the most hated team in the league.

Never mind hopefully all those 100 plus charges will eventually be dealt with and we'll see the back of the cheats and all those trophies will be dished out to the deserved winners.

Unfortunately the people in charge are just as corrupt as the team in a council owned stadium....

Oh dear, how sad. All that money spent, not much difference, and so little won.

As for the most hated, only by people like you, others appreciate what we've done and the style of football we play. 

For the "charges", remember that's all they are. Innocent until proven guilty seems to be lost on people like you. Funny, isn't it, that it was fine by United and Liverpool fans when they dominated but now that domination is challenged they cry foul.

Edited by Hobby
  • Like 1

There was a time when fans dreamed of a wealthy benefactor investing in their club, enabling them to compete at the highest level.  Current FFP restrictions seem to deny those dreams whilst safeguarding the interests of a few wealthy and therefore successful clubs.  A lot of fans look at City and wish their club had also attracted investment.  

Perhaps Man U fans should look back to the time when Louis Edwards was chairman.  Bankrolling clubs -  particularly transfers - was perfectly acceptable in those days (and in those of Blackburn Rovers' success) but illegal inducements to young players were not.

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

thoughts on the treatment of Gateshead fc being denied their rightfull playoff place due to not having a long enough (10yr) lease on their stadium ?

also should solihull be given a bye or should they be playing Aldershot who are next in line ?

very shoddy by the EFL/ national league to let it get to this point in the season before acting 

• Like 3
  • Agree 2