RMweb

Next batch of Class 70's

• RMweb Gold

no probs my text wasn't that clear!!

im pucking them up and taking them to bescot where they will probably go in the consist of 6V46 to westbury, all depends on the traffic level as the 2 extra locos may make the train too long!

Jim, More great photos! Thanks.

Here’s something that you don’t have to put up with much....

WARNING: Explicit Language from excited Loco Crew in a dangerous position.....................Turn sound off if you don’t want to hear.

Best, Pete.

• Like 3

No it's the new Bio fuel version.

Methane produced by the driver, is piped to the second vehicle where it's used to power the Jenbacher gas fuel engine, as it was designed before conversion to diesel for the original batch of Class 70's.

Internal pipework caters for the lead engine, containing the driver.

Drivers are required to consume copious amounts of curry, cabbage and rhubarb as part of their regular diet.

Driver derived Bio fuel production and efficiency is thus on a par with traditional fossil fuels and comparisons between the two are the inspiration behind the choice of the Freight hauliers company name..... Colas !

No it's the new Bio fuel version.

Methane produced by the driver, is piped to the second vehicle where it's used to power the Jenbacher gas fuel engine, as it was designed before conversion to diesel for the original batch of Class 70's.

Internal pipework caters for the lead engine, containing the driver.

Drivers are required to consume copious amounts of curry, cabbage and rhubarb as part of their regular diet.

Driver derived Bio fuel production and efficiency is thus on a par with traditional fossil fuels and comparisons between the two are the inspiration behind the choice of the Freight hauliers company name..... Colas !

I do hope you have been strictly adhering to this diet Jim..???

My pal was at Crewe station this afternoon,,,,,even took his wife with him.  he just phoned to tell me he had seen the locos pass through, complete with complimentary "toot toot"

• RMweb Gold

i saw your mate over on 12, the only guy with a woman with him!!

1/2 way through the job and just having a break before heading south to hinksey, couple of taster pics....

C1EC50B6-5154-4F65-96F0-F31FCF34377A.jpg

waiting to leave liverpool docks, had fun and games in there today!!

and the next bit, off to hinksey

6320CD20-2BFF-41D0-B359-E297127B31CE.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Jim, More great photos! Thanks.

Here’s something that you don’t have to put up with much....

WARNING: Explicit Language from excited Loco Crew in a dangerous position.....................Turn sound off if you don’t want to hear.

Best, Pete.

I bet they were relieved to be inside a 190  ton loco rather than a car or truck!

Evening all,

70806 & 70807 passing through Casey Lane, Crewe.

I originate from Crewe, but left in the mid sixties.........in all my early spotting days here, mostly at the "Mucky Bridge" by the cemetary, I had never heard of Casey lane......where is it.??

Bob

Evening Bob,

Casey Lane is in the small village of Hough. It's a good place for spotting and photo's as the freights are slowing to get into Basford Yard and as they leave they are still not at full speed.

Mathew

Evening Bob,

Casey Lane is in the small village of Hough. It's a good place for spotting and photo's as the freights are slowing to get into Basford Yard and as they leave they are still not at full speed.

Mathew

Hi Mathew,

Got it............I know Hough, just next to Shavington...........I do remember now you pointed it out.......we did occasionally spot from two over bridges in that area.  But I lived on the North side of Crewe until I was 14.

There was a series of overbridges on the main WC main line......1.MuckyBridge, right by the cemetary,....2.Broad Street Bridge and 3.North Street Bridge, otherwise known as "The Eighteen Step Bridge".   I spent a every waking hour at the Mucky Bridge.

Thanks...Bob.

Edited by 250BOB

Information I received today.......................

70810 Due to load next week’s vessel Atlantic Concert probably Friday 16th in Norfolk, Liverpool 25/26th.

Numbers 08/09 left Norfolk yesterday and the Atlantic Compass calls Halifax tomorrow and Liverpool next Friday 16th crane lift Monday19th delivery later same week, probably Wednesday 21st.

• RMweb Gold

Wasn't there talk a bit back about the yellow used on these locos? Here is two together at Swindon today showing the yellow on 70801 and the lack of yellow on the other. It's more a greeny colour to me!

Theres not much room between those overriders, if 'someone' were to try and couple them up and not take the portable tail lamp off first it would get a bit squashed as the lamp irons are on the overriders