Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Next batch of Class 70's

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

70011, at Earles sidings, this morning.

Got some close-ups of some of the wagons as well, for when I get round to weathering some. :yes:

Just enough detail differences to keep me busy, missing ladders, patch painting etc

Even saw one still with the BCC logo, I guess there's not so many of them about?!

Cheers,

Phil.

post-4971-0-43122200-1403108859_thumb.jpg

post-4971-0-14086100-1403108869_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Saw my first Colas 70 today :)

don't know which one it was or what it was doing, all i know is it was at the front of some open bogie wagons passing through Swindon heading east at roughly 1730 this afternoon.

Still looks smaller than the FL 70s to me, must be a trick of the livery.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Saw my first Colas 70 today :)

don't know which one it was or what it was doing, all i know is it was at the front of some open bogie wagons passing through Swindon heading east at roughly 1730 this afternoon.

Still looks smaller than the FL 70s to me, must be a trick of the livery.

70802/4/5 have been at Chipping Sodbury earlier on Sunday, with 70809 at Westerleigh - so take your pick!

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

70802/4/5 have been at Chipping Sodbury earlier on Sunday, with 70809 at Westerleigh - so take your pick!

Cheers,

Mick

The train was 6C24, 18:08, Wotton Bassett - Hinksey running 34 early.

• RMweb Premium

And here's half of the Colas fleet on a Hinksey-Westbury move.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/46282519@N07/14302824529/in/photolist-o6yzQZ-o5oWFd-o5sCfs-nMTHqV

I only need another three to be able to model it...............

I'm getting to like the Colas livery - even more so when there's more than one loco together.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium
big jim, on 24 Jun 2014 - 00:17, said:

those were all my engines from the bicester job last week! 2 per train and a back up that we had to swap in as it had more fuel in it

Talking of which, are they better on fuel than everything else before them Jim?

I gather that was one of GE's selling points.

• RMweb Premium

Colas pair spotted heading north through Kidlington at 1300 this afternoon (Oxford to Banbury line). Yet again I didn't catch numbers but they were heading up a long rake of auto ballasters. Nice noise though.

I think I saw on a gen group it was 70802 & 70810 on 6M50.

Just had a text from my mate Jon at Lawley Street, he had the bad luck last night to be aboard 70 007 when the firebell went off as he was passing through Leamington Spa! Managed to stop near Warwick and waited two hours for assistance to come from Lawley Street. Poor lad, he should have stayed with Heavyhaul!

• RMweb Gold

i got diverted via coventry-international-aston-bescot-water orton with the portbury to ratcliffe coal last night because of that, could have been worse though all the northbound chiltern stuff was having to terminate at leamington spa!

got a pair of 70s tomorrow morning, bescot to toton l/e for an engineering job in the evening (possibly mansfield, or sheffield area i believe)

• Like 1

Just had 2 x Colas Class 70's passed through Uttoxeter light engines, in Crewe direction, at 15.15 today.

Anybody help with the loco numbers please.

Is this the first passage of a class 70 through Uttoxeter.?????

Thanks Bob.

• RMweb Gold

70810/70804 going toton to crewe pad l/e then off to rugby with a crane

they caught me out too, im in longport getting a van serviced in a place that just about overlooks the stoke line, i saw the train on RTT and wondered if i should go down and see what it was (as its the only "freight" running through there this afternoon) but thought it would just be a tamper so didnt bother, wish i had now!

apparently it was supposed to be my job today had i not took the van in

and yes they are the first 70s through uttoxeter, the class ban was lifted a few months back but dont expect to see them coming back as they are still banned in the up direction (gauging issues in meir tunnel)

Edited by big jim

Here's a few recent Colas workings around here. I suppose I really should try and shoot a few more of the green ones before they all go through Brush for the extra grill on the side.

IMG_1315-70804-XL.jpg

70804 and 70805 sit stabled at Westbury 7/6/14

IMG_1359-70805-6C35-XL.jpg

70805 passes the site of Christian Malford Halt working 6C35 Westerleigh Jn - Oxford Hinksey Yard 8/6/14

IMG_1375-70810-6C37-XL.jpg

70810 passes the site of Christian Malford Halt working 6C37 Westerleigh Jn - Oxford Hinksey Yard 8/6/14

I have also got 6M50 the last two mornings, but they haven't taken off the camera yet. We'll see how they look once I've processed the raw file.

jo

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

70802 has worked light engine north to Carlisle today. The local gen rumour mill is that it's due on the logs on Thursday.........

Cheers,

Mick