Farish announcements - 2011

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

I noticed the mention of "powered bogie" singular on the 350 and 4CEP, and hope these 4-car units will be OK on gradients. Presumably the same mechanism as the 108 and 150, and the Blue Pullman would appear to have two powered bogies.

I suspect that is just a clumsy wording relating to it not being possible to fit the close-coupling mechanism to the inner 'powered bogie' of a set, rather than any kind of backtracking to the bad old days of individual power bogies, on the Blue Pullman they mention both points B)

Regards, Gerry.

, rather than any kind of backtracking to the bad old days of individual power bogies,

The 108, 150 are powered by a single powered bogie. The motor sits a bit further down the car though, unlike the old Farish motor bogie.

Cheers,

Alan

If the CEP and 350 power units are anything like as powerful as the 150, then there will be no worries about managing a 4 or 8 car set with ease.

If you read closely on the Bachmann homepage, the Blue Pullman is quoted:

"Six car DMU with close coupling mechanism with NEM couplings (except powered bogies)"

and the 4CEP:

"Four Car unit with close coupling mechanism with NEM couplings (except powered bogie)"

Of course it could be typos but is it possible that the pullman has more than one powered car each with an individual powered bogie.......? B)

Cheers,

Alan

• RMweb Gold

"Six car DMU with close coupling mechanism with NEM couplings (except powered bogies)"

and the 4CEP:

"Four Car unit with close coupling mechanism with NEM couplings (except powered bogie)"

Of course it could be typos but is it possible that the pullman has more than one powered car each with an individual powered bogie.......? B)

Cheers,

Alan

Or it could have a mechanism similar to the Voyager, i.e centrally mounted motor driving both bogies on one coach via drive shafts?

Tom.

I also read it as saying that the 5-car BP would have two powered bogies, so presumably they have decided the 150/108 single-bogie mechanism will be good for up to 4 cars. Must go and see if my 150 can push two extra coaches up a hill...

The logical thing for the BP would be to have a single powered bogie each end with the motors in the engine compartments. I read on another forum that Liliput (also part of Bachmann) are doing this for a FLIRT unit. However the wording implies that the powered bogies are not the end ones, and there could be problems getting the mechanism underneath a sloping front end, so we could be looking at inner bogies powered and blanked out windows. In that case powering all wheels on whichever inner coach has the fewest window would be the more sensible way to go, only needing one motor and one decoder.

and the 4CEP:

Cheers,

Alan

Actually, scratch that - I didn't read the line below :unsure::

"Four axle powered car with twin flywheels"

Oops!!!! :rolleyes::lol::rolleyes:

Cheers,

Alan

The driven chassis will probably be based on the one used in the 220 DMU, its already DCC friendly and with a little bit of tweaking a loksound and speaker will fit.

Have you heard this officially (or otherwise) from Bachmann? There have been many new models since it was designed, so I'd have thought it'll be new, rather than based on the 220....

Cheers,

Alan

I've been searching around for the last two evenings trying to find out some info about this but just can't seem to find any reference at all, so...

371-503 Class 101 Two Car DMU in BR Express Parcels livery

...can someone please tell me what this actually is?! I can't find any info on what it looks like or when or where it ran.

I've been searching around for the last two evenings trying to find out some info about this but just can't seem to find any reference at all, so...

371-503 Class 101 Two Car DMU in BR Express Parcels livery

...can someone please tell me what this actually is?! I can't find any info on what it looks like or when or where it ran.

Hallo,

If you can get a hold of the Rail Express March 2011 and turn to the Modelling section, there is an article on TPOs, so I quote from page XXIV (all rights etc....)

Class 101

Vehicle Numbers: 51430/9/41 5328/21/30/3/55 (type DMBSO)

Period in Parcels use: 1986 - 1989

Allocation during parcels use: Neville Hill / Cambridge

Hope that helps

JGP

Looks like Hattons are starting to upload new releases to their website, although all the new Farish lot is currently in the "Graham Farish Harry Potter Range" area huh.gif

Might have to make some Pre-orders!

• RMweb Gold

Looks like Hattons are starting to upload new releases to their website, although all the new Farish lot is currently in the "Graham Farish Harry Potter Range" area huh.gif

Might have to make some Pre-orders!

Well Spotted! I wondered what was taking them so long to get them on the site. 1x Tornado & 1x 5MT for Ropley pre-ordered! Now to hope they arrive a good few months apart to ease the pain on the wallet :blink:

Tom.

• RMweb Gold

I just hope we don't have to wait too long for it laugh.gif

The prototype Deltic first broke cover at the Ally Pally show in March last year but didn't appear in the shops until Novemeber, so 8 months later. Hopefully the A1 will arrive sooner than that as it looks a bit further along but I suspect we're still talking between 4-6 months.

Tom.

Sept/Oct for the A1 according to the Bachman website.

A full 9 months for the new Mk Is (Dec/Jan), which initially I was disappointed about, but then considered that going by current progress my layout should be just about ready to receive them around that time.

• RMweb Gold

Hi folks

I suspect that the SPA price is a typo, especially as the Metalair PCAs, which are also newly tooled, are at the more usual £10 mark for a 4-wheel wagon.

I emailed Bachmann to clarify, as Hattons price for the SPAs and ZAAs was £18, so was looking like the RRP had been correct. Anyway, I received this reply:

Thank you for your email.

There was a printing error on the price list. The vehicles with loads have a RRP of £14.95 and the one without (ZAA) £12.95.

This will be corrected before they are released.

Dennis Lovett

Public Relations Manager

Bachmann Europe Plc

So good news then!

Starting to wonder about the price of thee Express Parcels 101 though- pre order price at Hattons is £26 more than the previously announced liveries. Not sure I can justify that- I might go for the RR livery one.

Starting to wonder about the price of thee Express Parcels 101 though- pre order price at Hattons is £26 more than the previously announced liveries. Not sure I can justify that- I might go for the RR livery one.

Is that due to a higher RRP or Hattons thinking that this livery will be more popular and pricing accordingly? They commonly price popular liveries closer to RRP while ones they think will be less popular get a bigger discount.

• RMweb Gold

Is that due to a higher RRP or Hattons thinking that this livery will be more popular and pricing accordingly? They commonly price popular liveries closer to RRP while ones they think will be less popular get a bigger discount.

Could be. Also might be due to the previously announced liveries having a lower RRP last year, and Hattons based their price on this. The 2 cars now have a RRP of £110, with the Express Parcels an extra £10.

Not sure what the RRPs were last year though.

20% on £110 is £88, so the Hattons price is an extra £15 off that for the B/G, RR.Green

Archived