Hornby Magazine/Dapol Stove R .

Graham_Muz

• RMweb Gold

ditto

See my previous re Warley - I think it depends very much on which ones you (and I ) are waiting for; the plain carmine ones need a livery correction (wrong colour lettering - seems to be a Dapol habit on NPCCS alas), and the Hornby Mag people said they understood there was a livery fault on the blue one. The BR lined maroon version would appear to be the last one in the queue.

See my previous re Warley - I think it depends very much on which ones you (and I ) are waiting for; the plain carmine ones need a livery correction (wrong colour lettering - seems to be a Dapol habit on NPCCS alas), and the Hornby Mag people said they understood there was a livery fault on the blue one. The BR lined maroon version would appear to be the last one in the queue.

I'm waiting for a lined maroon, a crimson and a blue one.

Have spoken to Ian Allen/Hornby mag and have been informed that the first version expected is the BR Maroon version (code 4) in the order sheets.

They also have been told that they are somewhere in the country and believe they are with Dapol having labels attched to the boxes. No date has been given for there delivery.

What was said was we are approaching a heavy period for Royal Mail the delivery of them may well be held over into the New Year as they have previously had problems with items sent out in the immediate run up to Xmas.

So it seems we may have to wait till 2011 till we see them even thought they have been here for a couple of weeks.

• RMweb Premium

Have spoken to Ian Allen/Hornby mag and have been informed that the first version expected is the BR Maroon version (code 4) in the order sheets.

They also have been told that they are somewhere in the country and believe they are with Dapol having labels attched to the boxes. No date has been given for there delivery.

What was said was we are approaching a heavy period for Royal Mail the delivery of them may well be held over into the New Year as they have previously had problems with items sent out in the immediate run up to Xmas.

Well, if they post my 2 x code 4's now, I should get them before Christmas because it's all down hill from UK to my place in OZ :D

Peter B)

A little something for darren picked up on a well known networking website... of a popular model rail magerzine...

"The first batch of Hornby Magazine/Dapol LMS Stove Rs are being despatched at the beginning of next week. The first batch covers BR maroon as 32928 and further batches are due from the factory in the coming week."

No mention of anything else as of yet. Just that one for now.

There's something VERY wrong with that 08 - looks very nose-heavy

Yea the driver is out to lunch so the cab is a little light.:D

My wife prevailed on me to order mine this week; a helpful lady at Ian Allan said she hoped I wasn't relying on these for a Christmas present, as they couldn't guarantee when they'd arrive. I said I'd been waiting since 1967, so a month more wouldn't make a difference...

Is that the best excuse you can come up with :P

Hi,

According to the Hornby Magazine Facebook Page, it says that the first batch of Stove R's are being dispatched at the beginning of next week. The First Batch covers BR Maroon version as 32928.

Further batchs are due to arrive from the factory next week

Simon

• RMweb Premium

The Magazine (Jan edition) also says there will be an article on how to covert to 14mm wheels in the next edition (Feb , due in January). Crimson ones will be delayed slightly due to need to change lettering apparently.

The Magazine (Jan edition) also says there will be an article on how to covert to 14mm wheels in the next edition (Feb , due in January). Crimson ones will be delayed slightly due to need to change lettering apparently.

Oooh, that's a good wheeze. We buy the coach and then have to buy the mag as well. I think a leaflet explaining how to convert it should really be put in the box with the model.........:rolleyes:

I see my credit card has been debited for this item over the weekend. I hope that means it's on its way and in time for Christmas? I have a crimson one on order and from what I've been readng, I wasn't expecting this version so soon, so it will be interesting to see!

• RMweb Gold

Just been checking my card account online and see that there is a pending amount of £113.30 which has been sitting there for a few days.....£27.95 x 4 = £111.80 + postage £1.50 = £113.30.

Presume they must be charging for all that you've ordered.....so you pay early and pay VAT at pre-increase rate? .....

Keith

EDITED: my incorrect typing/addition :blink:

Spoke to Ian Allen/Hornby on the order line yesterday and was told they had recieved some Br Maroon version in (the a No. ones) but not many and these would be going out to those who had ordered them but the numbers recieved were not sufficient to cover orders.

• RMweb Gold

Postage is actualy £1.50, so the amount waiting to go is correct.

I can't wait to get my hands on this model!

...opps....got my 3s, 5s and 8s mixed :blink: ....no wonder it took me four attempts to pass GCE Maths "0" level :lol: :D

Keith

• RMweb Gold

One of mine (of 3) arrived today and is quite impressive with the interesting touch of including some moulded (non-operative of course) screw coupling shackles and some additional footboards. My initial impression is that the lettering is right (well at least the right colour and definitely 'looks right' although the BR maroon strikes me as being rather dark (perhaps because it is matt). Overall there is an impression of a quality build but it is a bit let down by the underscale shiny wheels (I think the 'shiny' emphasises the small diameter making it look even smaller) and the peculiar brakeblock position which is distinctly retrograde compared with the old Hornby Dublo model with its brake blocks in-line with the wheel tyres.

But the overall impression is that it looks the part and should look pretty good at normal viewing distance.

Archived