RMweb Groups

I wonder if anyone else has experienced what just happened to me. I went to check on the latest activity in the two groups to which I belong [Railways of the North West and GWR Coaching Stock], only to be told that I need to be a member to view those groups! [Andy - you have a PM]

Chris

Yes..3 times in the past 10 minutes :cry:

I wonder if anyone else has experienced what just happened to me. I went to check on the latest activity in the two groups to which I belong [Railways of the North West and GWR Coaching Stock], only to be told that I need to be a member to view those groups!

Chris

I wonder if anyone else has experienced what just happened to me. I went to check on the latest activity in the two groups to which I belong [Railways of the North West and GWR Coaching Stock], only to be told that I need to be a member to view those groups! [Andy - you have a PM]

Chris

I also have the same issue.

Adrian

Looks like a site-wide issue that only the Owners/Moderators can access Groups...

Andy has been informed so be patient and wait for his response/solution...

Paul

(Tramways Group Owner)

• RMweb Gold

I want to join the Industrial Railways Group but cannot find the way to do it!!!

Could that be because there is a problem ... as indicated in plenty of the above posts ? - just a thought ;)

I'll refrain from adding the usual "me too" post advising that I can't get in the group I'm a member of (D'oh! - just did :blink: :angry: ) and instead refer to this:-

I think Groups has wrought a large positive change in RMWeb. In a couple of the Groups I have joined, regular players are now posting with new energy and information.

I agree - the Group I joined is a great place - very enjoyable!

Unfortunately the second half of Oldddudder's post says -

Very hard to see a significant downside to the new arrangements IMHO.

Unless they don't work, like at this moment..!!! Ooops!! :rolleyes: ;)

For a bit more feedback on the current problem, not only can I not get in the group, all the listings from it in "My Content" have dissappeared.

• RMweb Gold

I think we can assume there is a problem with groups - I'm sure Andy and the team will take a look when they can. Lots of people posting the same thing can't be helping :nea_mini:

• RMweb Gold

Unfortunately the second half of Oldddudder's post says -

Unless they don't work, like at this moment..!!! Ooops!! :rolleyes: ;)

Ok, ok, it's all my fault - I put the hex on Groups, I admit it. But, hey, look what happened, here we all are inadvertantly subscribing to a new Group - the Corridor and Water Cooler Group, where we talk with baited breath about Groups, without even members actually being allowed in!

Sorry.

This has been part of the installation of an update to the Groups function. The new files were placed on the server and then I had to dash out before having the opportunity to start the install process. The remainder of the installation is in process and all functions with improvements should then be available.

The Groups should now be accessible again. I am working on trying to resolve a couple of issues now regarding visibility within Active Content and View New Content.

Archived