QUAI:87

Brian Harrap

• RMweb Gold

Brian produced this little gem from a small jiffy bag last Monday night at DRAG. So he's said that if he can't make it to Taunton, he'll pop the layout in the post to me...  :lol:  :lol:

Wrapped in its own apron backscene, no doubt!

• Like 2

Surely you could model the Circle Line in T gauge on a toilet pan?

Why not a toilet seat? The layout would then have an operating well and could have a scaled sized operator and panel in the middle for visual effect!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

They are pestering me to get one of these.

I think we should have an official RMWeb poll!

Edit - as many people 'liking' Brian's post above as possible will be taken by the Organising Committee as Common Assent to His Baronship acquiring one of these beauties!

Edited by Captain Kernow

• RMweb Gold

Surprisingly expensive I think. The REE model seems to have had some quality problems, and Jouef appeared able to steal their market - but at almost 200 euros (say £170) these locos need to be rather good. Few RTR OO 0-6-0s cost that money.

• Like 1

Planning a model of Meldon Quarry, Brian? Or Southampton Docks, possibly, didn't they have some? I can flog you some British H0 rolling stock (I've gone off this tichy stuff!)

• Like 1

Planning a model of Meldon Quarry, Brian? Or Southampton Docks, possibly, didn't they have some? I can flog you some British H0 rolling stock (I've gone off this tichy stuff!)

I think, Howard, I might get a visit from the scale police if I contemplated something like that.

I think we should have an official RMWeb poll!

Edit - as many people 'liking' Brian's post above as possible will be taken by the Organising Committee as Common Assent to His Baronship acquiring one of these beauties!

I'll put out my collecting bowl then.

• Like 5

Like Monty Don, I 'got out there' to tackle some of those jobs for the weekend. One of them has been outstanding for ages and it's the provision of those little fold down flappy platform bits (must be a proper name for them) for the first, second and third floor loading doors on the warehouse over the butterwalk on QUAI:87. A simple enough job although the restraining chain I have used is somewhat heavy, a job for another weekend to replace it with finer. The first floor one I was obliged to model in the 'up' position to prevent it being clouted by the pantograph of the passing tram - guess when I found that out. Never a dull moment on the quays.

post-5773-0-70400400-1364803036_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

The industrial buildings on the far side of the canal are the ones that appear on my backscene apron which turns up railway at shows from time to time

Who did you have to bribe to wear it this time, Brian, and stand behind the layout for this shot?!  :P

• Like 1

Very nice, Brian, very nice indeed. How about a couple of rust streaks down those otherwise immaculate green columns, then?!

Is that a bucket I see down on the right hand side... 

(I'll leave now!)

post-5773-0-20784300-1367914680_thumb.jpg

• Like 12