QUAI:87

Brian Harrap

• RMweb Gold

Just brilliantly bonkers Brian, I love it. Now, what are you going to run on it!

Jerry

Just wait and see! A new 750mm gauge Pz extension to go with the metre guage tramway on ZOB Hafen? 

A triple gauge Pz layout to match triple gauge P87 'Big ZOB' perhaps....... :P !

• Like 3

You know how there are times when you realise you are in the presence of a genius? Such a feeling hit me whilst stood in front of this layout at scaleforum last year... whilst I stood there eyes wide, mouth agape at the mastery of engineering that stood before me... the scenery, the engineering! All absolutely superb. That feeling was changed to one of awe as Tim took me to the side and showed me the operation from one side of the quai (thanks Tim) and then to the other side as I marvelled at Brian's work. The smile lasted a long long time. Pure British eccentricity (and I mean that in the nicest way possible) of the highest order. Hardly surprising that Brian went home award in hand!

Now we see the master turn his attention to the really miniature. Yee Gads! Nice and neat in that first picture, but the second picture left me speechless and with a very broad grin. I showed our aerospace materials scientist chappie (in the absence of any railway modellers to hand) and he couldn't believe it. Brian, you've done it again. However, if that is a over size pound coin, don't let anyone at the government know or they'll be on to it straight away as a measure of inflation!

Superb superb superb. I'll be smiling for quite a while

Jon

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Slips, trams, multi gauge, stuff running on it, what have I started? It was just for lookin' at really.

Anyone want to borrow the oversize coin? Thank you all for the complments, Brian.

You are insane my Lord! 

I would take my hat off to you, if I wore one!

Regards,

Nick.

You can only appreciate the P450 point by viewing it with a length of bog standard T gauge flexitrack to hand, it then becomes twice as terrifying and four times as brilliant.

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the box of T gauge stuff I happened upon in an outbreak of impulse buying. One temptation is to focus on 1/220th scale to make use of commercially available Z scale scenic 'odds and ends' and represent an approximation of 2' gauge. Which ever way I go, the above is a serious inspiration!!

• RMweb Gold

It occurs to me that anyone exhibiting a T gauge/P450 layout could have a lucrative sideline selling magnifying glasses.

The people showing the T gauge layout at Brighton Modelworld were giving magnifying glasses away.

• RMweb Gold

Nah, that would be =|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|=|= ;)

As everyone else says, I am in awe of Brian's abilities. :O Definitely not needing to go larger scale as eyesight ages, then? 

EDIT - actually, I think my version is closer to T guage , so maybe your version is better  :dontknow: 

Edited by Ramblin Rich

• RMweb Gold

Presumably it will appear at Taunton complete with a working tram drawing power from the overhead?

Brian produced this little gem from a small jiffy bag last Monday night at DRAG. So he's said that if he can't make it to Taunton, he'll pop the layout in the post to me...  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 2