Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

• RMweb Gold

i made sure i checked the smallprint as my purchase was £235 and i didnt want to be caught out and not get the fairly substantial discount and i spotted it did say "one purchase per linked paypal account"

my biggest worry when checking out was being as it was a facebook promo it wouldnt work as i dont follow ebay on facebook or indeed have a facebook account at all

well ok, my biggest worry is actually trying to sneak £235 worth of locos into the house without my wife noticing

• RMweb Premium

well ok, my biggest worry is actually trying to sneak £235 worth of locos into the house without my wife noticing

I just say I'm doing some work on them for a friend........

Cheers,

Mick

Methinks this is a good buy.

http://m.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/art/40370283/

Fit one of these:

http://m.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/art/90287106/

And you have a daylight white bright posable worklamp for £15.50

No connection other than a customer.

Methinks this is a good buy.

http://m.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/art/40370283/

Fit one of these:

http://m.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/art/90287106/

And you have a daylight white bright posable worklamp for £15.50

No connection other than a customer.

I agree. I have two of these screwed to the wall above my workbench. At the time IKEA didn't do any daylight bulbs so I used these which are great to work under http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/tcp-cfl-spiral-daylight-bulb-23w-es---1-pack-550183

• RMweb Premium

Tesco's have on offer packs of two 60 Watt LED bulbs equivalent at £12 per pack with buy two get one free, £4 per bulb.

Only £2.93 each in Homebase with a "buy one get one half price" on top of that!

Keith

Only £2.93 each in Homebase with a "buy one get one half price" on top of that!

Keith

Also if you have a love2shop card (which is useful in many places) you get 7.5% off of whatever you top up (so £100 is £92.50). This can be used in Homebase (for the DIY stuff) and Argos when they do the 3 for 2 on toys to save more on the railway items. X

• RMweb Premium

Had a 20% off voucher for WH Smith from buying magazines and enquired if it also included Modelzone. It didn't , but not to worry the young assistant had a card for 20% off for October purchases which did include Modelzone. Result! Bought a new Hornby D16/3 with early crest for £87.99. Modelzone Glasgow seem to be carrying full range. They still have Crostis , Drummonds, J15s,K1s and the new S15 in BR Livery . With 20% off that's quite a bargain. Came away with another card for 20% off in November.

Thanks for the sevice in Modelzone. The assistant wasn't too clued up on Hornby , but was very helpful and certainly knew what discounts were allowed.

• RMweb Premium

Had a 20% off voucher for WH Smith from buying magazines and enquired if it also included Modelzone. It didn't , but not to worry the young assistant had a card for 20% off for October purchases which did include Modelzone. Result! Bought a new Hornby D16/3 with early crest for £87.99. Modelzone Glasgow seem to be carrying full range. They still have Crostis , Drummonds, J15s,K1s and the new S15 in BR Livery . With 20% off that's quite a bargain. Came away with another card for 20% off in November.

Thanks for the sevice in Modelzone. The assistant wasn't too clued up on Hornby , but was very helpful and certainly knew what discounts were allowed.

Not applicable to all (most?) Modelzones.

The assistant in the main Birmingham store had heard about the discount card but said it was offered on a branch by branch basis and wasn't available in Brum!

Keith

• RMweb Premium

Not applicable to all (most?) Modelzones.

The assistant in the main Birmingham store had heard about the discount card but said it was offered on a branch by branch basis and wasn't available in Brum!

Keith

Interesting. The £5 off if you spend over £20 voucher I got from buying Modern Railways in the Cardiff Smiths a few weeks ago included Modelzone.

• RMweb Premium

Interesting. The £5 off if you spend over £20 voucher I got from buying Modern Railways in the Cardiff Smiths a few weeks ago included Modelzone.

The only offers that seem to be going in Birmingham were discounts on Mucburgers!

Keith

• RMweb Premium

Some pretty impressive discounts on Model Railways Direct.

I suspect the stock won't last long...

Numbers severely depleted but still quite a few "Thomas" range trucks left at rather low prices (£2.99 for single trucks, £9.99 for three packs). I don't think they have faces on.

This is well below any second hand prices I've seen for anything in good condition and should be excellent for painting and weathering practise - even better value than the £4 Hamleys Railroad vans! (I'm glad I decided not to be greedy and to save what was left in Hamleys for someone else now...)

The "Spencer's coaches" (no idea what if anything these are based on) at £3.99 have all vanished (you'd be hard put to get a second hand 4-wheeler for that), but the Railroad Mk1's at £9.99 each aren't moving so fast (perhaps because people stocked up on the last offers).

• RMweb Premium

Numbers severely depleted but still quite a few "Thomas" range trucks left at rather low prices (£2.99 for single trucks, £9.99 for three packs). I don't think they have faces on.

This is well below any second hand prices I've seen for anything in good condition and should be excellent for painting and weathering practise - even better value than the £4 Hamleys Railroad vans! (I'm glad I decided not to be greedy and to save what was left in Hamleys for someone else now...)

The "Spencer's coaches" (no idea what if anything these are based on) at £3.99 have all vanished (you'd be hard put to get a second hand 4-wheeler for that), but the Railroad Mk1's at £9.99 each aren't moving so fast (perhaps because people stocked up on the last offers).

As at 19:45 today MRD still had

23 x Triple pack tank wagons

54 x Triple pack vans

56 x Sodor scrap

Also spotted

7 x R2669 diesel freight @ £22.24 - a bargain price for a basic set

Plus some Mk 1s for £9.99

Keith

• RMweb Premium

7 x R2669 diesel freight @ £22.24 - a bargain price for a basic set

Keith

Yes - I just noticed these (maybe they weren't there earlier?)

I don't like the Railroad 0-6-0 chassis though - it doesn't seem to like my (not as flat as it could be) trackwork.

And two of the three trucks are the rather odd ones with huge running boards (built on a brake van chassis?)

Good value though, I agree.

Just had an email to say my order has shipped; the email includes: "Campaign ID: 3".

Looks as if they're tracking who clicked through from the email announcing the sale.

It's not long ago that people were commenting that Model Railways Direct's bargains weren't much of a bargain any more...

Archived