Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

I believe students like the existence of Primark, as it enables the ability to stock up and so removes the requirement to wash socks within a term.  Personally I used to like popping down the laundrette, usually a good place for random conversation starting.

Anyone else got that image of the Levi's advert from the 80s where the guy strips off to his underwear in a laundrette?

• RMweb Premium

Anyone else got that image of the Levi's advert from the 80s where the guy strips off to his underwear in a laundrette?

You mean this one :this:

Levi%20advert%201980s.jpg

That reminds me of a candid camera stunt that that ad inspired. Two young ladies done the same thing but didn't stop at their undies, and others in the launderette were not aware of what was going on.

• RMweb Gold

any of you who, like me think that shapeways postage charges are exhorbitant may like to know that they have a free postage promotion this weekend - ends tonight.

I have to admit I have been trying to order something all afternoon and the site is finding many new and frustrating ways to prevent me.

Good luck and don't say I didn't warn you.

Hattons have hornbys railroad P2 cock of the north at £55

As per post #2390, just back up the same page a bit ;)

My Mrs goes in Primark. She has a 6th, 7th and 8th sense plus built-in radar when it comes to finding clothes bargains!! I certainly wish there was a model shop equivalent, even if half of it was tat and ended up on the floor!!!

As per post #2390, just back up the same page a bit ;)

My Mrs goes in Primark. She has a 6th, 7th and 8th sense plus built-in radar when it comes to finding clothes bargains!! I certainly wish there was a model shop equivalent, even if half of it was tat and ended up on the floor!!!

They are at many exhibitions.

Ed

I can't believe some of the drivel some of you lot are posting on this thread. What has much of this got to do with model railway BARGAINS?

A couple of weeks ago I was vociferously shouted down for daring to respond by saying that something that a poster thought was a BARGAIN wasn't as it was available cheaper elsewhere. The nerve of me daring to respond to it!

What makes it irritating is that I shop at Primark and Matalan and I'm proud of it!!. If I didn't I would have far less to spend on my railway hobbies. Wind your necks in, lower yourselves to Primark level and spend more of what you save by doing so in your model shops of find a different forum to moan about cheap clothes shops on and stop boring us to death!

Any proper bargains out there please?

• RMweb Premium

Less of the "lowering yourself to primark levels" some of us aspire to raising up to that level

Straying (staying?) off topic, but one of the things I like about RMweb is that I have yet to see people acting as if they are superior because of their modelling ability and/of choices. (Which is good because my ability is rather limited and I don't go in for all that finescale stuff).

It's a bit odd to find such an attitude here in a discussion about Primark...

• RMweb Gold

one of the things I like about RMweb is that I have yet to see people acting as if they are superior because of their modelling ability and/of choices..

You have obviously not been looking in the right places then

Anyway its jacamo for me, naff all in primark or tk maxx fits me

Archived