The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

2 hours ago, Budgie said:

In any case, all this theological arguing is futile. God does not exist.

1 hour ago, Dave Hunt said:

Nor, it would seem, does the whacky signs thread (anymore).

It's a sign from God. But don't worry, she's in a good mood. As she's the Great Architect of The Universe, she approves of anyone trying to make a model of even a small part of it (OO or N gauge especially)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, martin_wynne said:

This morning I purchased some shortbread biscuits which are very good. But they have the lowest dunking strength of any biscuits I have ever known. They have only to be waved in the general direction of a cup of coffee, and they cease to exist.

Martin.

Serves you right for wasting perfectly good biscuits!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
On 15/02/2020 at 23:50, Budgie said:

I am not going to be told how to be good and happy by priests a significant number of whom have no idea of how to be good themselves. Or is it yet another case of "do what I say, not what I do".

In any case, all this theological arguing is futile. God does not exist.

No, God DOES exist, and I can prove it!

Every morning, Dad would arise, and tap on the bathroom door.

"God!! Are you still in there?"

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Gold

The concept of intelligent design (which does not mean the existence of a deity or deities) is proven, I respectfully submit and contend, by the cheese and ham bap.  Nothing that good could possibly occur by any random or chance evolutionary method, has to be some thought, and beneficial thought at that, gone into it! 

Edited by The Johnster
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

The concept of intelligent design (which does not mean the existence of a deity or deities) is proven, I respectfully submit and contend, by the cheese and ham bap.  Nothing that good could possibly occur by any random or chance evolutionary method, has to be some thought, and beneficial thought at that, gone into it! 

Only when black pepper is applied.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, The Johnster said:

The emergence of the cheese and ham bap surely represents evolutionary regression in a world which already contains the pork pie?

Martin.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 3

2 hours ago, martin_wynne said:

The emergence of the cheese and ham bap surely represents evolutionary regression in a world which already contains the pork pie?

Martin.

Which version the one with grey meat from the South or cured pink meat from the North and for the height of evolution in the sandwich the Ham & Peas Pudding Stottie made with a Greggs Stottie (Only available in select areas).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

As an evolution, I would present the Cubano (panini pressed, roast pork loin, ham, yellow mustard, pickles and Swiss cheese) as the ultimate form of ham and cheese, though I'm not sure it is entirely superior to the American BLTA (bacon, lettuce tomato and avocado) on a rustic toast, itself an evolution over the BLT.  Personally I'd still rather have an Aussie steak and bacon pie though any of the above are welcome.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

15 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

It's a traditional west-country sport, pie-beating, with origins in druidical transference magic: vent your frustration on the pie, not the pie-maker.

How about a three-way championship? The Triple-Crown of Pie-Beating, Cheese-Rolling and Bog-Snorkelling.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 2

24 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

It's a traditional west-country sport, pie-beating, with origins in druidical transference magic: vent your frustration on the pie, not the pie-maker.

Hi Stephen,

Don't let us be going down that route again !!!!

Anyway according to Dodge, Gaius Julius Caesar stuck one of his fingers in that particular pie a long time ago:

DSCF0951.JPG.5958f1bad2cb8ee6755a2824b207ee08.JPG

"Hummmm, steak and kidney !"

Gibbo.

• Funny 5