The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Gold
On 18/02/2020 at 17:23, KeithMacdonald said:

How about a three-way championship? The Triple-Crown of Pie-Beating, Cheese-Rolling and Bog-Snorkelling.

Do they do bog-snorkelling in the West Country then?  Used to go out with a girl who did this at Llanwrtyd Wells on the Central Wales Line, well, not exactly on the railway line, on the hill above the town.  It's a town, the smallest in the UK.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Do they do bog-snorkelling in the West Country then?  Used to go out with a girl who did this at Llanwrtyd Wells on the Central Wales Line, well, not exactly on the railway line, on the hill above the town.  It's a town, the smallest in the UK.

Only in the Great Grimpen Mire whilst escaping from the Hound of the Baskervilles.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, raymw said:

image0033.jpg.e678413e2e3311b0c01f55fb08a04541.jpg

What do you do with those plies of vomit, as a result of you temporary occupation of the traffic lights?  Very hard to imagine anything sexy...  and if you can - I would rather not read about it!!!

Julian

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Well put the seat down first.

Hi Phil,

To my way of thinking public bogs are to be hovered over !

Precaution number two being to place plenty of paper down the pan to prevent return fire.

Gibbo.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Phil,

To my way of thinking public bogs are to be hovered over !

Precaution number two being to place plenty of paper down the pan to prevent return fire.

Gibbo.

return fire is often called "Neptune's Kiss" or "Posiedon's Kiss"

• Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium
On 18/02/2020 at 05:41, Mark Saunders said:

the Ham & Peas Pudding Stottie made with a Greggs Stottie (Only available in select areas).

Do they still do them?

They seemed to have stopped selling them in Gregg's in the MetroCentre as well as the Toon centre.

Actually the last time I had a Gregg's stottie I thought it had gone downhill somewhat.

They seem obsessed with a race to the bottom of bakery products.

• Friendly/supportive 2

34 minutes ago, melmerby said:

Do they still do them?

They seemed to have stopped selling them in Gregg's in the MetroCentre as well as the Toon centre.

Actually the last time I had a Gregg's stottie I thought it had gone downhill somewhat.

Yes, still available but seem to be on display for only part of the day as last time I got some from the one by the Central Station I had to ask!

Not as good as they were twenty years ago but far superior to the ones from Sainsbury’s which are overgrown buns!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, melmerby said:

Do they still do them?

Judging by comments on here about Greggs and Wetherspoons, it seem that businesses are operating to a plan where they start by giving customers what they want and then, once sales have grown, they attempt to drive down costs / raise profits and hope customers doesn't desert them. It's quite sad but entirely expected as we all race to cram in ever more into a never expanding day.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

17 hours ago, melmerby said:

Do they still do them?

Have you tried the Grainger Market. IIRC the Greggs in there was the best in the area. That was 30+ years ago mind. 

• Like 3