RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

This is a ROVEX Coach, going by the visible coupling....so "1970 Circa"...or more gramatically correct...Circa 1970....that is some "Circa", as these were made in Circa 1950-1951!

That one's been going for months..... I can't imagine why it hasn't sold!

(They're usually worth a quid or two - for the buffers as spares - but this one is not even worth that, as they have already been nicked!)

The seller has lots of other railway items at prices that make Gostude look cheap

For example -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R448-0303-GWR-train-model-set-1960-circa-collectible-Vintage-113-/360868810866?hash=item5405751072:g:IAwAAOxyni9TDI0u

These are Hornby RAILWAYS Coaches (The GWR one has a bogie on Backwards!)....so "1960 Circa"...or more gramatically correct...Circa 1960....that is some "Circa", as these were made in Circa 1970s-1980s!

So, maybe the dates should have been the other way around? ;)

Edited by Sarahagain

This is a ROVEX Coach, going by the visible coupling....so "1970 Circa"...or more gramatically correct...Circa 1970....that is some "Circa", as these were made in Circa 1950-1951!

These are Hornby RAILWAYS Coaches (The GWR one has a bogie on Backwards!)....so "1960 Circa"...or more gramatically correct...Circa 1960....that is some "Circa", as these were made in Circa 1970s-1980s!

So, maybe the dates should have been the other way around? ;)

Definitely Rovex from the generous quantity of photos (the seller can't be faulted on this!). Strangely l read 'clearing' (as in bin) rather than 'cleaning' (association of ideas?). I thought the antiques fraternity describe a layer of crud on items as 'patina', which should on no account be removed. (In this case the patina is possibly worth more than the object.) The other bogie has the hook missing, so the poor thing really has been in the wars.

If this sells (some hope!), I'll have to put mine on eBay too.  At least they're complete, though rather 'curvy' of course.

I liked the comment in the description about 'enjoy mending damaged trains'. The best of luck with this one!

There's someone's attempt to build a salt wagon on an ERG underframe if anyone's interested. (Thought not!)

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1

WOW!  That's all.

OK rare I get, but it is not correct (admitted by in the text) and condition hardly perfect but allowing for wage inflation the BIN can't be that far off ... Noo idea what my father paid for it way back then but it wasn't cheap (before I, like most kids, left it in a completely unsaleable condition.

Maybe a bit optimistic, but not THAT far off ... if it had been correct as per original.

• RMweb Premium

2 Hornby (OR Lima?) HST Power Coaches, cabs cut off, surggically joined!

The "Guards" rear window becomes the drivers window I suppose! Clever! ;)

(Yes, I know that the Guard would be upset by the noise from th engine, so he was moved into a modified MK3 coach..... ;) )

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold

Why would anyone want a "renumbering kit" with scrapyard locomotives?

Mike.

Because it looks like they were all scrapped in BR green with pre-Tops numbers! This sort of thing needs be authentic.... :jester:

Edited by RFS
  • Like 1

2 Hornby (OR Lima?) HST Power Coaches, cabs cut off, surggically joined!

The "Guards" rear window becomes the drivers window I suppose! Clever! ;)

(Yes, I know that the Guard would be upset by the noise from the Paxman Valenta engine, so he was moved into a modified MK3 coach..... ;) )

That looks like something I would of made up when I was a kid?!

NL

Well it is a "Tarter" set :jester:

NL

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

As I thought, it's the band of that name, who were excellent and possibly still are. Unfortunately I wasn't able to go when they played locally a year or so ago. How they got there, has someone in your house been searching for late 60s West Coast music? If not, the Goddess of on-line selling is trying to tell/sell you something. Give them a listen on YouTube.