EBay madness

Marcyg

2 Hornby (OR Lima?) HST Power Coaches, cabs cut off, surggically joined!

The "Guards" rear window becomes the drivers window I suppose! Clever! ;)

(Yes, I know that the Guard would be upset by the noise from the Paxman Valenta engine, so he was moved into a modified MK3 coach..... ;) )

I think the guard might also be upset with the fact that with a Paxman engine at each end - where would he actually store the parcels and how will he get them in or out?

• RMweb Premium

Yet another streamlined LMS Coronation in scrapyard condition - yet still this stuff seems to sell!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/weathered-locomotive-OO-gauge-scrapyard-Coronation-Duchess-heavily-rusted-/301873469402?hash=item46490f97da:g:m84AAOSwFNZWwecX

I see the bits of footbridge are still hanging around.

I think the guard might also be upset with the fact that with a Paxman engine at each end - where would he actually store the parcels and how will he get them in or out?

Ahh. ;)

I was talking about the Real HST Power Cars....the Guards accomodation in the Power Cars was replaced by a Guards Compartment in one ofthe MK3 Trailer Coaches, C1980 onwards.

The "model" in the listing would go rather fast I reckon! ;)

Yet another streamlined LMS Coronation in scrapyard condition - yet still this stuff seems to sell!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/weathered-locomotive-OO-gauge-scrapyard-Coronation-Duchess-heavily-rusted-/301873469402?hash=item46490f97da:g:m84AAOSwFNZWwecX

I love the way the tarpaulin covers where 'the engine' has been removed - the seller has a real understanding of how a steam loco works!

Tony

• Like 1

Probably  as it's O gauge and the description says "I have tested this on 2 meters of Peco code 75 track". :no:

It's easy to convert Peco OO track to O gauge. Maybe the seller has been reading my Cheapside Yard layout topic!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

didn't know that Triang had done a weathered tender like that- what happened to the cab side numbers and tender emblem?

didn't know that Triang had done a weathered tender like that- what happened to the cab side numbers and tender emblem?

There WAS a Tri-ang Railways Factory Weathered "Deeley" 0-6-0 Tender Loco.

It was a "one-off" for the "Old Smokey" Train Set. (Loco, Tender, Short BR Mk1 in Blood & Custard, as used in starter sets, and another One-Off, the SR Luggage Van with lightish green body, Bright Red doors, and a white roof....)

All the ones I have seen are not as weathered as this one... the crests and numers were still there!....though it seems that the loco was home-painted to match the tender?

The loco has also lost a set of cab steps...

By the safety valves, the loco is from around 1961...

I would say that the tender is an original one, the weathering is sprayed like the ones I have seen. The crests have gone, and the coal, including spillage, is NOT original Margate!

• RMweb Gold

There WAS a Tri-ang Railways Factory Weathered "Deeley" 0-6-0 Tender Loco.

It was a "one-off" for the "Old Smokey" Train Set. (Loco, Tender, Short BR Mk1 in Blood & Custard, as used in starter sets, and another One-Off, the SR Luggage Van with lightish green body, Bright Red doors, and a white roof....)

364_l.jpg