Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

You can get this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Impetus-Hunslet-16-Industrial-saddle-tank-4mm-Etched-brass-kit-/262509367608?hash=item3d1ec71138:g:zFoAAOSwzJ5XeTg5 for £125.00 or make an offer or most likely get 2 1/2 of these  http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/judithedge/kit/374 . Yes they might have a added value because of the name but not that much.

The first one is a chancer trying to make a fast one based on a name that used to be regarded highly.

The second one is a reputable trader who is still regarded very highly. Who continues to sell excellent valued kits at well below the rip off prices asked by most ebay sellers (and often go for prices in excess of the BIN direct from the manufacturer.

GBL Alert!  :nono:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OO-GAUGE-BR-STANDARD-TENDER-LOOK-/371672418700?hash=item568967098c:g:1mYAAOSwEjFXeAp0

Caveat Emptour Indeed!

By all means, "Ask the Question"! ;)

Could the clues be the awful lining and the lack of wheels?

I suppose it could be worth £4.50 + 2.99 (just), seeing the series is out of production, but....

• RMweb Gold

.......(LOOK)..... Don't they make bikes and ski bindings!

The usual pathetic attention seeking effort ...and shouty writing..when will they ever learn.

Whenever I see "Look" I don't!

My layout is set in 1960s Glasgow, if I put those figures on it would it be illegal?

My layout will be set in the 1980 so they are almost obligatory!.

But no I wont be buying any!

I suppose the camera date of 2nd January 2035, just after 11pm, possibly gives us a clue to the fantasy.......?  6 kilos of brass ?

• Like 1

I suppose the camera date of 2nd January 2035, just after 11pm, possibly gives us a clue to the fantasy.......?  6 kilos of brass ?

So? photographer forgot to tun off the date setting.

I cannot see anything mad either about the item. Clearly states that they are tarnished. 14 sheets (even with some parts missing) could possibly weight 6Kg - we don't know the size of the sheets or their thickness ... or the accuracy of the scales ;)

The starting price could be lower but there is nothing really daft about it.

I am curious too as I cannot make out the "carriages". A term often used by "dealers" / non-railway modellers to describe everything fro a locomotive to just about anything model railway related.

This one just might end up in the "Good buy from ebay" topic

These gauges all predate the item on sale and I am not aware of the Americans using buffers and screw couplings, apart from vehicles for export.

The G & D was rather a law unto itself however. Stegosaurus shunter/switcher for example....

• Like 2

These gauges all predate the item on sale and I am not aware of the Americans using buffers and screw couplings, apart from vehicles for export.

So what? I am not aware of tension lock couplings on British stock either. Yet somehow this remains perfectly acceptable for modellers to use in selling British outline models.

It is someone's idea of a model - they are all simply toys, who are we to judge. Don't like it then don't buy it. I won't and you probably won't and my decision will not be based on the couplings because I cannot be a hypocrite by purchasing a loco from Hornby et al.

• RMweb Premium

An extension to the L&YR fitted bogie vehicle range?

But note the disclaimer, so perhaps not EM afterall?

(WE ARE NOT EXPERTS!)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

So what? I am not aware of tension lock couplings on British stock either. Yet somehow this remains perfectly acceptable for modellers to use in selling British outline models.

It is someone's idea of a model - they are all simply toys, who are we to judge. Don't like it then don't buy it. I won't and you probably won't and my decision will not be based on the couplings because I cannot be a hypocrite by purchasing a loco from Hornby et al.

Perhaps its to go with Tri-ang's orginal track cleaning car? R344, Tri-ang must have sold a zillion.

• Like 3