EBay madness

Marcyg

Would have been better off just showing a photo of the big plastic sack that lot of utterly worthless junk will need to be put in on its way to landfill...

I wouldn't waste 5p for a plastic bag on that lot........

Cheers

Mick

I could get that sort of stuff for free from friends, in fact I have a couple of times!

The price isn't justified, but it seems nicely enough done.

Out of interest I would like to enquire about a rather nice set of SECR Coaches with an E Class 4-4-0 currently on ebay under the somewhat infamous name 'Gostude'.

I seem to remember they were about £800 each time I looked. Possibly a bargain to someone, but they've been there an awfully long time!

If they were incorrectly listed (Means less people will find it: happened with an E5 the other week.) and were up for sale at £100 I'd be in there!

• RMweb Premium

A would be buyer could never make a claim that the goods were damaged in the post!

• RMweb Gold

I wasn't aware that members of the public were allowed onto council tips to take pictures?

Mike.

Not eBay, but their rival.

I've just noticed that the huge (and extremely ugly) new Amazon warehouse that defaces the main road into Tilbury is signposted as "Fulfillment centre".

How pretentious can one get?   :O

It was supposed to bring lots of jobs, but apparently the conditions of employment are so onerous that no one wants them.

• RMweb Premium

I'd maybe give him a quid for the pair of old Hornby Freightliner containers (I have always liked those for some reason!) but that is about it...

Indeed, John.

Certainly, the only 2 items in there that caught my eye! As you say, about a quid for the pair.

• RMweb Premium

I've just noticed that the huge (and extremely ugly) new Amazon warehouse that defaces the main road into Tilbury is signposted as "Fulfillment centre".

It was supposed to bring lots of jobs, but apparently the conditions of employment are so onerous that no one wants them.

There's been a lot of bad PR lately on these so called "Fulfillment Centres". Undercover folk going in and recording their staff being treated like robots and generally like utter s***

Seems like the way of the world now, unfortunately.

• RMweb Gold

We have an Army fulfillment centre just opened near where i live.

in days of old they used to call them stores depots:  A term everyone understood!

It will bring lots of jobs

For Eastern Europeans.

It will bring lots of jobs

For Eastern Europeans.

There are plenty around here (Thurrock voted for Brexit). I'm not sure even they are interested.

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Premium

There are plenty around here (Thurrock voted for Brexit). I'm not sure even they are interested.

You have to hand it to these EE folk.

Thousands of acres of Daffs and vegetable land in Cornwall near Hayle and Cambourne.

I often see them bent over in fields cutting and picking in driving rain and wind and up to their ankles in mud.

There was an experiment carried out recently when a dozen young UK students worked along side the EE's for the day, I'm not sure if it made national TV or not but it was covered locally.

Suffice to say, the job nearly killed them and they all addmitted that they couidn't stick it after one day!

Edited by Gary H

It seems to me that the EE get accused of taking British jobs but they nearly always seem to be doing jobs that the British folk don't want or think are beneath them.

The British lower classes (Chavs as they are now known) expect to be housed, fed and kept for nothing, why should they go out and get a job when it is easier to drop another chavvy and be given a bigger house and more money?

They are the ones that should be in the fields picking produce, no work= no money.

At least most of the Eastern Europeans who come over here come over to work and work bloomin hard at that! 

• RMweb Gold

Let's try and return to the topic of eBay madness!!

and in the maddest thing that I think has ever happened on eBay. I have just purchased something from Gostude!!

Gary

So have l. I console myself that it was priced at half the price of several very similar items! My bargain, his loss! Those others are still there three months later at the same pricey BIN price.

• Like 3

There are some model railway YouTubers who are trying get more people into the hobby and encouraging purchasing second hand through eBay and various second hand model shops. Great to encourage folk, but it is also creating a new demand which may subsequently be pushing up the price of second hand and, as many on this thread have noted, end up paying more than if they bought the items ‘new’ directly from a model shop! A few years ago when our community was commemorating WW1 I had the idea of working with local youngsters to create a WW1 trench diorama and we bought some Action Men figures and accessories on eBay - very cheap and bargains at the beginning, but then I was aware that prices were rising steadily and becoming silly, so decided we would just use what we had.