EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

An even better bargain...now reduced by £2!

Ya know, I do get the feeling that the words "custom" and "weathered" are somewhat abused by a certain minority of ebay sellers lately! :D

As soon as I see those 2 words in the description, I just know its going to be bad!

• RMweb Gold

So, I was bidding on this because I wanted a second one. I won one on Ebay quite a while back - and very cheap. This one though..... someone really wanted a LSWR horse box kit.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SOUTH-WESTERN-CIRCLE-KIT-for-a-LSWR-16-HORSE-BOX-WAGON-OO-Gauge/312067959459?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Regards,

Craig W

I have been watching this seller and his listings for a while now and note that quite a few seem to go for more than anticipated - the private listing feature has always put me off bidding for this very reason.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-32-983-CLASS-66-LOCO-EVENING-STAR-in-BR-GREEN-LIVERY-GBRF-BRANDING-DCC/362247336502?_trkparms=pageci%3A9c14e217-1873-11e8-8336-74dbd180dc73%7Cparentrq%3Ac1c7b1951610ab66b00e9e3ffff85e2f%7Ciid%3A1&_trksid=p2481888.c100678.m3607

• RMweb Gold
HST meets Harry Worth...

(Showing my age here)

Cheers

Darius

PS this reminds me of the “ Neverwazza” cut and shunt stuff that appears on eBay from time to time .

Edited by Darius43

• RMweb Premium

I have been watching this seller and his listings for a while now and note that quite a few seem to go for more than anticipated - the private listing feature has always put me off bidding for this very reason.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-32-983-CLASS-66-LOCO-EVENING-STAR-in-BR-GREEN-LIVERY-GBRF-BRANDING-DCC/362247336502?_trkparms=pageci%3A9c14e217-1873-11e8-8336-74dbd180dc73%7Cparentrq%3Ac1c7b1951610ab66b00e9e3ffff85e2f%7Ciid%3A1&_trksid=p2481888.c100678.m3607

Oops - post edited as I thought it was a completed sale.

All I can say is "fantastic"........

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

The wide sliding doors of the HST chop OHLE Loco would allow plenty of room for a large loco crew person! ;)

It sold for £37!

Mind you it does look feasible.

Maybe if there was more yellow on it Mick?

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It sold for £37!

Mind you it does look feasible.

Maybe if there was more yellow on it Mick?

Where's the "I can do better than that" button.....................?

(But have more interesting projects than that)

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 3

It doesn't have the word "rare" in the listing anywhere, but there can't be too many of them left?

Stu

Guest theonlydt

A missed opportunity IMHO, one of the few times L@@K RARE is justified!

Mike.

I would not pay 37 of your fine British Pounds for it, but it was much better done that I expected. Not professional, but also not like that railbus a page or two back...

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Premium

• RMweb Premium

Would have been better off just showing a photo of the big plastic sack that lot of utterly worthless junk will need to be put in on its way to landfill...

I wouldn't waste 5p for a plastic bag on that lot........

Cheers

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 2