EBay madness

Marcyg

Went to the Home page and had Google translate. Can't find any hard evidence about what sort of company it is, definitely in China tho' .

If it is/were a 'real ' flash sale, 2 locos I added to the shopping cart came to £56.06 for the same items in UK just under £260. Hmmm just a little bit too good to be true.

The fact that they claim to have multiple examples of rare vintage/collectible items is suspicious to say the least!

For example  https://www.dentalchiangmaiprice.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=10762

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Gold

What a strange site - dental prices for Chiang Mai (a town in Thailand) yet is cloning ebay auctions and turning them into some kind of trap.

Under about us it talks about the perfect pair of shoes.

Edited by Bucoops

Hmm I've got an Athearn F7B body that needs a chassis....

Then I could give the unfortunate Mainline body the decent burial it deserves!

There is no mention of whether it works or not though and I doubt Pemco spares are widely available even in the States. A worldwide eBay search produced only a few freight cars and labels for sardines!

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

You’ve heard of Baby Deltics; well here’s a “Baby Peak”.

Baby Peak, do do do do do do...

Cheers

Darius

Edited by Darius43

I quite like the concept of a layout on which everything is deliberately shorter than it’s supposed to be - you could have this hauling a rake of old under scale length mark 1s, and it’s only the normal principle of selective compression applied to individual items of stock... Surely a short Peak is just a Hill? :jester:

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Something weird going on there methinks.......

Indeed, with that sort of money for something so badly painted and badly photographed come to that!

These sort of 'anomalies' do seem to appear now and then when one considers the two £1500 bids realized recently for two MTK kits!

Edited by Re6/6

• RMweb Gold

Never again will I complain about my painting skills if this is an example of "PAINTED / LINED TO A FAIR STANDARD"

I dread to think what “Average Standard” would look like in that seller’s world...

Darius

Did the lister mis-hear 'fourteen' when they asked how much they should list this unpainted Grampus for?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dapol-A018-UNPAINTED-Grampus-Wagon/222672783301?epid=1053398362&hash=item33d85507c5:g:5YgAAOSwG-1Z26VT:rk:22:pf:0

Not sure I'd pay that even.

• RMweb Gold

ebay ones are A2 stainless, the toolstation ones look cheap zinc plated, not even bright zinc so not the same product. Also presumably tool station charge for delivery on that :)

Small packs are going to cost more per unit :)

• RMweb Premium

ebay ones are A2 stainless, the toolstation ones look cheap zinc plated, not even bright zinc so not the same product. Also presumably tool station charge for delivery on that :)

Small packs are going to cost more per unit :)

£5 postage at Toolstation.