EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

Curr 94 quid and just under a day left if you want to join in (thoguh admittedly I believe this is quite rare?)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/D-S-Models-Etched-Brass-Kits-For-GER-50-Foot-coaches/132535676974?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

D & S stuff does go for high prices nowadays. I guess that l would pay £50 for one of these excellent, probably never to be produced again kits.

........P.S....unless somebody else has got the artwork....!

Edited by Re6/6

• RMweb Premium

It says details to follow, so probably just a place holder. Free listing?

• RMweb Gold

Curr 94 quid and just under a day left if you want to join in (thoguh admittedly I believe this is quite rare?)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/D-S-Models-Etched-Brass-Kits-For-GER-50-Foot-coaches/132535676974?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Went for £103 - though I guess this is more accurately described as market forces rather than madness. 3 bidders very keen on this.

D & S stuff does go for high prices nowadays. I guess that l would pay £50 for one of these excellent, probably never to be produced again kits.

........P.S....unless somebody else has got the artwork....!

Danny's artwork is really badly organised - ends are on different tools to sides and underframes are all over the place.  Even if someone did take over the range I doubt if they could understand what they had.......

Tony

No this is utter madness.

The postal charges eBay and their system have put on this. £33 postage is bad enough (I've just paid £20 for a small 7mm loco kit to be sent here), but added to that a £46 customs and clearance charge. Now I know we have a high import tax 60% but only on US$50 or more not 300%. The worst part is that if you don't notice before buy it's a legally binding contract with a third party for over £70 more, on a £15 item, that would cost no more than £10 to post with out anything to pay to the customs and excise.

post-13601-0-42673400-1521343969_thumb.png

Edited by N15class

• RMweb Gold

Whilst making no comment about the listing itself, as an aside, this is Mike Wynn, once of Tru-Scale Models as once discussed elsewhere on the forum. I was wondering about what happened to him and the range, and I unknowingly now live half an hour away from him!

Mike.

Whilst making no comment about the listing itself, as an aside, this is Mike Wynn, once of Tru-Scale Models as once discussed elsewhere on the forum. I was wondering about what happened to him and the range, and I unknowingly now live half an hour away from him!.

He became a born-again Christian before emigrating to live in a Christian community in Spain. He used to send me religious tat once a year.

He also ran The Kit Connection from there.

Some of the old Tru-Scale etches are on eBay; may be leftover stock. He used to do a really nice all-etched BR1B tender kit and I always regret not buying one. I do have his Class 31 bogie kit - quite complex, but superseded now by the sprung one that might be released this year via Rumney Models.

Whilst making no comment about the listing itself, as an aside, this is Mike Wynn, once of Tru-Scale Models as once discussed elsewhere on the forum. I was wondering about what happened to him and the range, and I unknowingly now live half an hour away from him!

Mike.

I've been tempted by some of his other stuff in the past, and still am, I just considered that the pricing of that listing to be a tad optimistic when rtr Hornby ones are available at well under half that..........

• RMweb Gold

He became a born-again Christian before emigrating to live in a Christian community in Spain. He used to send me religious tat once a year.

He also ran The Kit Connection from there.

Some of the old Tru-Scale etches are on eBay; may be leftover stock. He used to do a really nice all-etched BR1B tender kit and I always regret not buying one. I do have his Class 31 bogie kit - quite complex, but superseded now by the sprung one that might be released this year via Rumney Models.

Thanks for that warning Horse.

I was thinking of personally collecting anything I bought as it's only down the road, but I'll pass on the idea now, saves getting waylaid by an enclave of godbotherers.

Mike.

• Like 1