EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

Another from Ebay's Hope Springs Eternal category. £800 - locos and coaches not included

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MODEL-RAILWAY-OO-GAUGE-LAYOUT-DCC/192459791520?hash=item2ccf7f5ca0:g:NaMAAOSwU4FaOqTu

Oooohhhh - there's some yellow on it, so it must be worth more.

Then I noticed "no stock included"

Then I looked at the stock anyway...........

:no:  :no: :no:  :no:  

Cheers,

Mick

Another from Ebay's Hope Springs Eternal category. £800 - locos and coaches not included

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MODEL-RAILWAY-OO-GAUGE-LAYOUT-DCC/192459791520?hash=item2ccf7f5ca0:g:NaMAAOSwU4FaOqTu

It would be fun trying to shift that lot on a solid 8' x 4' board....

He missed a bit of board that could be filled with track!

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Especially as the bottom has well and truly fallen out of the second hand book market now and you are lucky if you manage to give them away for barely enough to cover the postage...

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Premium

There's also a few that are out of touch with how to read titles aswell it seems.

A week ago i ordered The Power of the 40's from an Amazon independent book seller and this turned up-

post-299-0-44178200-1521574698_thumb.jpg

Thankfully it is quite a nice book that cost peanuts so I've decided to keep it.

Made my Mrs chuckle though which is always a bonus!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

If you are stupid enough to buy it just pray that it doesn't get damaged in transit as the seller states "If the item has been damaged in the post only the insured amount will be refunded; this being the full cost for special delivery (£500)"

Looking at the other items for sale - I suspect that's a typo rather than intent.

But amusing nonetheless :)

Sorry for going :offtopic: but I just couldn't resist.

Seems one of our members has bought something from one of the 'usual madness suspects':

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/131455-would-this-soldering-iron-be-ok-for-7-mm-etched-loco-and-coach-kits/?p=3096324  :D

Edited by leopardml2341

If you are stupid enough to buy it just pray that it doesn't get damaged in transit as the seller states "If the item has been damaged in the post only the insured amount will be refunded; this being the full cost for special delivery (£500)"

Price was amended to £9.95