EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

Please tell me I am not going mad and that some really is trying to sell an old Hattons leaflet from 2010...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hattons-New-Year-2010-8-pages-Bachmann-Digby-Dapol-Q1-Heljan-lots-Emily-x-Thomas/273084814017?hash=item3f951f92c1:g:3zgAAOSwfVpYvXIA

• Like 1

If it did say that, it doesn't now.

Deluxe was my comment. There are versions of this model without these features. (Tri-ang-Hornby is still Tri-ang IMHO.)

Magnadesion is stated and R.59S is the version with smoke. (The wire to the smoke unit can be seen in one of the photos. It would be even less of a bargain without this dubious feature).

I assume the rarity is in the (rather less than mint) box? The locomotive herself appears to be a bog standard R.59S.

Edited by Il Grifone

Please tell me I am not going mad and that some really is trying to sell an old Hattons leaflet from 2010...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hattons-New-Year-2010-8-pages-Bachmann-Digby-Dapol-Q1-Heljan-lots-Emily-x-Thomas/273084814017?hash=item3f951f92c1:g:3zgAAOSwfVpYvXIA

People do collect catalogues, but maybe this is carrying things too far....

Deluxe was my comment. There are versions of this model without these features. (Tri-ang-Hornby is still Tri-ang IMHO.)

Magnadesion is stated and R.59S is the version with smoke. (The wire to the smoke unit can be seen in one of the photos. It would be even less of a bargain without this dubious feature).

I assume the rarity is in the (rather less than mint) box? The locomotive herself appears to be a bog standard R.59S.

It was the 3F bit which is what I thought you were refereeing to. :)

• RMweb Gold

His granddad used to drive it

Funnily enough my Grandad did work for the railways - specifically the Great Indian Peninsular Railway - as a permanent way engineer and then as an area engineer/inspector.

Cheers

Darius

• Like 1

That coal is from Flying Scotsman not Tornado!!!

Darius

How do you know?

His granddad used to drive it

......and I've got the 'original' Victorian shovel used to fire it :jester:

Edited by leopardml2341

• RMweb Premium

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-CLASS-158-2-CAR-DMU-ARRIVA-TRAINS-WALES/263544183614?hash=item3d5c751b3e:g:-ewAAOSwAwFapWv0

I think it's a DMU.  Or maybe a UMD.  Or a DUM...  It's certainly a little mixed up.

For gawds sake don't give them any ideas!!!

They've already tried that!

This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing.

The seller must watch RMweb....

Cheers,
Mick

• Like 1

£100 and it's got a bid !!! 

Just about 4 locos (assuming they all do actually work) and a load of junk - I suppose someone has managed to justify it but it certainly would not be me!

Tony

Taking bets it's Gosturd looking to divide the lot up and charge 30 quid an item.