Newbryford's mostly Yellow workbench - "it's a drag, man......."

• RMweb Premium

When we gonna see a Colas 47 with the RILA equipment? ;-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65941202@N04/9397935506/in/photolist-fjsSNN-fjdGXV-fk5CPy

Lee

Sorry Lee, not a 47 fan I'm afraid......... I have only two in my current stocklist and one of those was recently sold by DRS into preservation......

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Lol. Ok. Thought it may have been up your street with the device on the front.

Lee

Never say never......

It is up my street and especially as it's been operating on a line not too far from where I live. Now if they'd fitted it to a 56...........

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

its out again on tests tomorrow night, well, early bells on Saturday orning, Wigan Wallgate to Wigan Wallgate.

Lee

Lets hope someone can get some better pictures so we can have a go at doing it, wouldn't mind one myself. 

Connor 

back on a yellow note the mentor has been out and about with what looks like some body side mods with a new half window and possibly some other new bits and bobs

http://www.flickr.com/photos/frank47524/10523209093/in/set-72157637023963073

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ews60002/10473767754/in/photostream/

Here's a pic of Mentor at Sandbach, showing a closer view of the coach.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Lets hope someone can get some better pictures so we can have a go at doing it, wouldn't mind one myself. 

Connor 

There's a few more pics of 47749 recent RILA trips on wnxx.com.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Having found a good reason to get the DBS red back out (08907), I have another.......

08907 has peeked out from the paintshop.

post-408-0-60740300-1383696368_thumb.jpg

A little bit of touching up, OLE flashes and cantrail lines to be added. Transfers being progressed

I haven't checked back through the Class 60 refurb program to find out which was the first loco to have the NRN pod removed, but I know that my previous DBS red repaint 60054 has them - phew! So for anyone wishing to repaint a 60 in DBS red - have a look if it's fitted with NRN pods

It's probably going to be a simple job to remove,but it means that I will have to touch up the red.

Cheers,

Mick

And back to 60062 with the lack of NRN roof pods - it looks like 60015 onwards haven't had them refitted.

A few minutes with a sharp scalpel and file

post-408-0-32168500-1383696584_thumb.jpg

Then the red paint

post-408-0-39929800-1383696601_thumb.jpg

DBS transfers are next from the Precision labels catalogue.

The DRS 20/3's are getting ready for a photocall.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

i never took my camera with me last night and i ended up sat in bescot right next to the DB 08 for a while, could have got some nice night time shots of it, on the same job later so will be taking the camera and tripod tonight

• RMweb Premium

08907 has peeked out from the paintshop.

A little bit of touching up, OLE flashes and cantrail lines to be added. Transfers being progressed

And the transfers are on order.

Cheers,

Mick

Cheers,

Mick

had a quick look in rail express today and came across this. Britannia pacific models are selling the 3 different ultra sonic test coaches for £85. that's right a coach for £85!!!. not sure about anyone else but I sure as hell don't have 85 quid to spend on one coach. any one modelled any of these in yellow? sure someone on this might have done one back in the early days of this forum..... :no:

Bearing in mind the work that goes into producing the models, I don't think £85 is unreasonable (although admittedly I wouldn't be prepared to pay that myself).

A very rough calculation using average wage suggests you're paying for about 2 days work there, and that's not including the cost of the kit, paint, transfers etc.

• RMweb Premium

had a quick look in rail express today and came across this. Britannia pacific models are selling the 3 different ultra sonic test coaches for £85. that's right a coach for £85!!!. not sure about anyone else but I sure as hell don't have 85 quid to spend on one coach. any one modelled any of these in yellow? sure someone on this might have done one back in the early days of this forum..... :no:

That's £85 for a made up coach.

The kit is available for less. Ian Fisher has 999606 on the go here

I've already done UTU2 (62462, later 999605) and 999602 before it's rebuild. There's a lot of work that amounts to more than £85 in those two

BTW, there's four UTU's......

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I think it's starting to look the part. Precision Decals even include the fuel gauge!

post-408-0-82955600-1383950583_thumb.jpg

Handrails to paint white, cranks to paint yellow and buffers to swap are the main jobs.

• Like 12