Newbryford's mostly Yellow workbench - "it's a drag, man......."

Thanks for the link Mick, I did wonder when the views went up!

£85 for one coach comparative to a RTR from one of the big boys is a higher cost, but as Mick says £85 for a complete kit built RTR model isn't that higher price. As good as Britannia Pacific model is it is never going to sell in their thousands. 999606 in all its incarnations it is a niche model.

Economy of scale has to be considered in projects like this. Without our support to developers like BP we wouldnt get models like 606, to rely on the big boys to produce everything we want would in my opinion see the hobby stagnate. It would also reduce the fun we get from glueing, cutting etc.

The models are available as kits, I wanted to personalise my version of 606 but even with a few added bits and bobs, add in the cost of wheels, paint, transfers and sundries oh and the time to build the model £85 for a model finnished to a good standard doesn't sound too bad a price!

That's £85 for a made up coach.

The kit is available for less. Ian Fisher has 999606 on the go here

I've already done UTU2 (62462, later 999605) and 999602 before it's rebuild. There's a lot of work that amounts to more than £85 in those two

BTW, there's four UTU's......

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Premium

08907 is pretty much finished.

Handrails and other bits touched in. The buffers have been swapped for Oleos from the S-Kits range (the mounting plates have been trimmed off)

post-408-0-66117800-1384562081_thumb.jpg

post-408-0-88277000-1384562070_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Rather nice - clearly red is the new yellow ;)

But not for long.

post-408-0-69500800-1384725829_thumb.jpg

Blue is the new red.....

post-408-0-05738900-1384725393_thumb.jpg

post-408-0-55533100-1384725415_thumb.jpg

Still a few bits and pieces on all the locos, but essentially there.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium
And I'm always thinking of new projects.

Hi was wondering if on your project list in the future might be a network rail 66 once they get there's?

Very probably - but it depends on sourcing a suitable model (probably a 5 door with new style headlights - so I think that limits it to LE's from Model Rail 66722, Kernow 66623, or GBRF 66731)

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

I've got my friend dan to do a repaint for me (my painting skills are not good enough yet for respray of a loco) I have to admit to using a spare shell I had around (drs 66407). Would you mind me putting a picture on your feed?

Snippy, Snippy ....

BTW, there's four UTU's......

Cheers,

Mick

Ermmmm .......

Cough - five! 

( although one is under construction from yet another CIG MBSO to replace REP based 605(?) which will then go into Store IALTB ).

HTH

Mike

• RMweb Premium

Ermmmm .......

Cough - five! 

( although one is under construction from yet another CIG MBSO to replace REP based 605(?) which will then go into Store IALTB ).

HTH

Mike

Oh yeah - forgot about that one..... Only four ATM......

There could be five generators soon. Looks like 6260 is being added to the fleet.

Cheers,

Mick

Oh yeah - forgot about that one..... Only four ATM......

There could be five generators soon. Looks like 6260 is being added to the fleet.

Cheers,

Mick

Oh Goody!

They've been after that one for a long time, wonder how NR are going to Power the Cable train though ( unless it's now going into the New NR OHLM MPV's ) ...... :)

Shame it won't stay Blue and Red though ..... :(

HTH

MC

Edited by meld

• RMweb Premium

Ermmmm .......

Cough - five! 

HTH

Mike

Apparently the new UTU to replace 999605 UTU2 is likely to be called UTU2..............

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Premium

Today's trip to the NEC resulted in the purchase of a couple of items to repaint yellow, something to swap sound decoders out of and then resell, something to either renumber with exisiting livery or repaint silver, something to connect to my recently acquired e-link and lots of tools and lining transfers.

Only one tin of paint and that's BR steam loco blue..........

Cheers,

Mick