Kirkby Luneside (Original): End of the line....

Physicsman

SHUT US DOWN, :O  I had better go now then :no:

Glad you had a good running session mate and that Al may have another Video for us to enjoy, The mimic panel sounds good and it really is a pleasure when everything works as it was designed to.

We the BIG QUESTION is this, = will you get to page 200 by close of play on Sunday?

we can sure try :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Looking forward to more pics Jeff, please don.t keep us in suspended animation of eager antisipation to long.

Bodgit :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Andy, do you realise that 200 pages means 5 THOUSAND posts on this thread! Quite ridiculous - it's hardly quietened down despite starting the Lounge!

The running was great - especially Al's superb J39, which you may see on the (brief) video.

I hope to get a bit of landscape/embankment work done over the weekend, so there'll probably be some more photos. I really could do with getting a pot of brown emulsion. It's like a white-out when you enter the bunker and look at Lune Fell!

Jeff

Hi Jeff just imagine its the middle of Winter, :O  :no:  :no:  hahahha

Is Al's J39 the Bachmann split chassis version as I had one and it ran like a bag of poo :O , I am guessing that it is chipped i.e. hard wired.

Andy

P.S. I don't know what is wrong with the site as I cant do replies to post as we could before? :no:

• RMweb Premium

Yes, I see what you mean - I know there've been problems with the "Reply quoting this post" button.

Al's J39 was indeed a Bachmann, presumably the split-chassis model. It looked splendid, as he'd weathered it - like a scaled down B1. Ran very well too. I won't say any more - you can see it for yourself when he posts the vid.

I'm off to bed now. Spent 7 hours in the bunker today and need some sleep!

Cheers,

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Don't worry Andy. I can't get the function to work - I'm on Chrome, which is normally fine.

Anyway, I've done a coffee estimation in the Lounge and it's time for 6 hours kip.

Night.

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

That's fine as long as we have something useful to say and don't annoy everyone else so much that they shut us down!!

I can promise you, Al's video - and the comments he does/doesn't make - will provoke a discussion!!

Jeff

I thought we always had something useful to say....Annoying?  What do you mean, Good Sire?

Discussion, as well?

Not BR doing another loco trial over KL with a Castle!  Or is the 9F fresh out of the preservation society's paint shop in pristine condition? 

P.S. I don't know what is wrong with the site as I cant do replies to post as we could before? :no:

Firefox is fine until it throws up a box to tell me I'm using too many Smileys - especially when I'm answering posts from Mr Sir Bodgit :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:

EDIT - that's my full allowance of Smileys, so you see the need for editing them out of your replied-to posts :-/

Edited by southern42

• RMweb Premium

Polly - on the same page as the post I mentioned above, specifically #2258, I noticed your lovely weather 9F from Grimy Times (I think?).

Guess you are watching the 70s Rock programme. I'm recording the Mott the Hoople programme at the mo.

Jeff

Yes, Jeff, weathering by Grimy Times.

Next project - Carn Brae Castle [donor: Ince Castle] in a few months time.

Then find a donor for 6979 Willesley Hall.

6979 pulling some Minis @ http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/68623-morris-cowley-car-trains/page-2 #47

Car trains went to Brentford so I'll be looking to get a mini 'mini' train down my branchline at some time in the future.

70s Rock programme - yep, reliving my youth.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz now......  :lazy:

Edit - late night GOOF....

Edited by southern42

• RMweb Premium

Late night GOOOF Polly?

You could do with some of Jeff's caffeine, :stinker: :stinker: :stinker:

Edit, = speeeeling GOOOOOOOOOOF

Reply box working again.....

Talking of coffee - guess what I'm drinking?

Busy 'til early afternoon, then into the bunker. Cold and wet up here - can't wait 'til that door gets fitted on Monday - it'll make a huge difference.

Jeff

• Like 1

I am planning to lock myself away in the editing suite later tonight (OK, the den really) to chop the boring bits out of the video, then if it all goes the same as last time I'll spend the following two weeks trying to upload it to YouTube!

Just been shopping this morning and managed to purchase another local wagon for the collection, a ten ton salt wagon belonging to the Tees Salt Company of Stockton.

http://www.ehattons.com/52644/Bachmann_UK_33_183_10_Ton_Salt_Wagon_Tees_Salt_/StockDetail.aspx

Just need to build something to run it on, a model of Stockton Quayside would be spot on ;-)

Al

• RMweb Premium

I am planning to lock myself away in the editing suite later tonight (OK, the den really) to chop the boring bits out of the video, then if it all goes the same as last time I'll spend the following two weeks trying to upload it to YouTube!

Just been shopping this morning and managed to purchase another local wagon for the collection, a ten ton salt wagon belonging to the Tees Salt Company of Stockton.

http://www.ehattons.com/52644/Bachmann_UK_33_183_10_Ton_Salt_Wagon_Tees_Salt_/StockDetail.aspx

Just need to build something to run it on, a model of Stockton Quayside would be spot on ;-)

Al

Yes, I think that's a good idea. You ought to start a thread!! Lol...

Hope the video editing goes well. And the posting. After all, we don't want to keep these good folks from seeing my conversion to the dark side, do we!!?   :D  :D

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Evening all.

I've managed a couple of hours in the bunker this afternoon. Had a fiddle with some turnout wiring, then started the valley hillside. 

This time I've used a wire-mesh base for the plaster bandage. I had 2 rolls of bandage and this has all been used up. More on order - hopefully here Monday/Tuesday.

So - here are a few pics...

post-13778-0-71429000-1362850538_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-02601200-1362850545_thumb.jpg

post-13778-0-97984100-1362850553_thumb.jpg

Jeff

• Like 2

Ahh! The trusty old wire mesh this time I see.

What made you change to that Jeff as you seemed quite happy doing your own thing earlier, it should enable you to use a bit less bandage though with a bit of luck. It will mean the next lot goes further.

I tend to use the cardboard strips personally as it's free, it's an effect off moving to Yorkshire apparently :mosking: .

Looking forward to the hills growing and receiving an earthy colour.

Jim (not overdoing the smileys so there's more for Andy & Polly)

• RMweb Premium

Ahh! The trusty old wire mesh this time I see.

What made you change to that Jeff as you seemed quite happy doing your own thing earlier, it should enable you to use a bit less bandage though with a bit of luck. It will mean the next lot goes further.

I tend to use the cardboard strips personally as it's free, it's an effect off moving to Yorkshire apparently :mosking: .

Looking forward to the hills growing and receiving an earthy colour.

Jim (not overdoing the smileys so there's more for Andy & Polly)

The span between the formers is a bit larger in the valley structure and i've not been too impressed with the sticking power of the masking tape on ply. So I bought a few metres of wire mesh and it has worked admirably.

The chickens....umm. Well, I did have chicken soup for lunch and roast chicken for my tea....  :jester:  :jester:

Jeff

Chicken Wire, George and I use a mix of Polestyreen, Cardboard and Masking Tape then covered in Mod Rock.

You are doing very well mate, well done.

Did you see David Wrights article in BRM on rock streams, having seen Davids work close up as he comes to our open, weekend he is very good.

Bodgit :sungum: Just the one smiley today :stinker: :stinker: well maybe three :nono: or four

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Which issue of BRM was the article in, Andy?

I've been fiddling with the point wiring and control panel this evening while my 08 went round and round and round. It stopped occasionally - the track needs a really good clean, but since the little blighter had hardly been used for a year or so it was good to give it a good run.

Entertaining brother until 10.30 then I'll go out and do a bit more.

Jeff

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jeff,

I keep popping in here for a peek, although I haven't made myself known.

Your latest photos really begin to give you a feel for the landscape, it's going to be a stunning layout, and I'm still in awe of your viaduct build.

All the best

Al. (no, not that Al, the other one...) :no:

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Al. I think I've noticed your comments to Jonathan (Rowsley 17D) re. his planned layout.

But you're very welcome here!

Thanks for the comments. The viaduct seems an age ago - it was last July/August. The branch viaduct I built at the same time is tucked away safely under the baseboards. I wish I had an excuse/place to build a larger one, as it was great fun.

I love the landscape aspect of railway modelling. Variation in height is so integral to my beloved S&C that I had to chuck in the valley/fell elements. And a viaduct to bridge the gap.

Progress has been pleasing. Feel free to chip in - if you're really crazy you may end up becoming a Lunester!!

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Are you a fox? :jester:  :jester: :jester:  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:  

Good grief, no.  Just an eggstra Lunester.

Jeff, you're doing an eggsellent job there.  You'll soon be running your eggspresses through eggsquisite scenery.

Eggsited Lune :locomotive:

Edit.  Couldn't resist just one smiley

Edited by southern42

• RMweb Gold

Chicken Wire, George and I use a mix of Polestyreen, Cardboard and Masking Tape then covered in Mod Rock.

You are doing very well mate, well done.

Did you see David Wrights article in BRM on rock streams, having seen Davids work close up as he comes to our open, weekend he is very good.

Bodgit :sungum: Just the one smiley today :stinker: :stinker: well maybe three :nono: or four

Jeff,

February's one if I am not mistaken.  I've seen another one recently to, I think in Model Rail.  I'm afraid it is safely packed in a box now though.  When I unpack I'll let you know.