Black Country Blues

Indomitable026

• RMweb Premium

Believe me if Young Spams desires such a thing, there will be no stopping it occur.

Resistance is futile - honestly...

No chance me getting a Spam on BCB. Two reasons:

1. Contrary to popular belief I'll totally respect whatever direction you wish to take the layout and I suspect football specials headed by a Spam are fairly low on the current list.

2. I've had the parts to convert a Spam to EM for the last 10yrs. The conversion hasn't happened yet and, with my interests now being 7mm, I doubt it ever will. I do have a 7mm Spam in the pipeline but that might have a few gauging issues with Johnny Gringo's tunnel.

Good to see the momentum gathering behind BCB. After all the effort we all put in the worst outcome was for it to spend its days unloved in a garage. Great to see one of the original group taking it on - well done that man.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Ah, I see.

But I was looking for the length so I could have multiple trains in each road.

Only downside of long sidings with multiple trains stored in them is that the driver needs to remember to move one along to accommodate the incoming train. With shorter but more plentiful sidings, at least you know you have somewhere to go as it's the same place you started out from.

Only downside of long sidings with multiple trains stored in them is that the driver needs to remember to move one along to accommodate the incoming train. With shorter but more plentiful sidings, at least you know you have somewhere to go as it's the same place you started out from.

What? Like people might have to pay attention while operating?

Ha ha

• RMweb Gold

Point of order Worsdell.

Such corner areas of layouts should not be used for caravans. Oh no. A more traditional approach of a Creamery would be more appropriate..

There's a big field in front of the viaduct that's only got the 'oss in that would be perfect for a traveller's camp.

• RMweb Gold

Point of order Worsdell.

Such corner areas of layouts should not be used for caravans. Oh no. A more traditional approach of a Creamery would be more appropriate..

Has it taken you this long to notice?

• RMweb Gold

Talking of corner fillers, a subject I've touched on in Mark's FL thread, but, not wishing to add to your already not inconsiderable task, are you going to/likely to develop the steelworks branch fiddle yard into a fully scenic set of sidings?

It would make a good corner filler, and also put an operator at the front of the layout to talk with the punters, presuming you could find someone from the shy and retiring bunch of volunteers.

Mike.

• Like 1

Talking of corner fillers, a subject I've touched on in Mark's FL thread, but, not wishing to add to your already not inconsiderable task, are you going to/likely to develop the steelworks branch fiddle yard into a fully scenic set of sidings?

It would make a good corner filler, and also put an operator at the front of the layout to talk with the punters, presuming you could find someone from the shy and retiring bunch of volunteers.

Mike.

Are you volunteering to build something?

• Like 1

Hi Damian,

I am glad to see this layout has gone to a good home. All the best with the new fiddleyard and hopefully I will get to see it one day when I visit the UK. 

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Er?

Nope.

A scrap yard maybe...

...........and that Scrapyard will, inevitably, need both a couple of really carp old caravans and a toilet facility, suitably knackered, so Stubbers was doing a clever double bluff there. Mind you, I don't think he has yet done a derelict ex PO/BR Van as seen all over the place in those good old blues days.That gives him two jobs to do for you.

Phil 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Tel,

Perhaps we need to bring it to that show of yours at some point...

I’ve mentioned to Colin that a re appearance of BCB could be on the cards in the future.

No problem but please bare in mind being a large layout we would be looking two years in advance so 2021 could be the earliest target date.

Please keep me posted on its progress, you never know if a booked layout pulls out.

Hope that helps

See you soon

Eltel

• Like 1

I’ve mentioned to Colin that a re appearance of BCB could be on the cards in the future.

No problem but please bare in mind being a large layout we would be looking two years in advance so 2021 could be the earliest target date.

Please keep me posted on its progress, you never know if a booked layout pulls out.

Hope that helps

See you soon

Eltel

Fair enough.

I’ll keep you posted.

I’ve been thinking over where BCB will be stored in my garage. Currently my trailer has the part build boards in for my now abandoned L&B project. While sifting my way through these boards it occurred to me that despite the curved and contoured nature of that Project the core boards I’d built were actually quite regular in shape.

Here’s one below.

post-8734-0-57330800-1528887634_thumb.jpeg

post-8734-0-65656400-1528887677_thumb.jpeg

This board is 4ft by 2ft, so are two others.

It still has its master and fold down set of legs.

post-8734-0-76586500-1528887891_thumb.jpeg

post-8734-0-25302500-1528887903_thumb.jpeg

There are a further two boards that with a reasonable amount of cutting down and reconfiguring would make fiddleyards boards 4 & 5.

That’s an unexpected leg up and a good result for the boards that didn’t have a use.

• Like 11

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Nice cameo. Thanks for the link on another thread.

Someone recently commented on the two workmen discussing and wondering what to do with the abandoned cortina. Obviously people read a scene their way. I always imagined it was two steel workers walking home and finishing their conversation before one went over the bridge and a different way home. I prefer to think they beardy notice the cortina, it probably been there days.

Both figures started life as the bowler hat passenger with the long coat and a briefcase in the airfix platform figures set.

ANdy

• Like 3

Someone recently commented on the two workmen discussing and wondering what to do with the abandoned cortina. Obviously people read a scene their way. I always imagined it was two steel workers walking home and finishing their conversation before one went over the bridge and a different way home. I prefer to think they beardy notice the cortina, it probably been there days.

Both figures started life as the bowler hat passenger with the long coat and a briefcase in the airfix platform figures set.

ANdy

And they didn’t stop at the chip van?

Times were hard...

• Like 2