Grantham - the Streamliner years

LNER4479

That looks really good. The layout continues to take shape, and become ever more realistic.

Thanks very much! Although I'll always like messing about with trackwork & signals n stuff, it's nice to give some attention to other aspects at the moment.

I'm somewhat concerned at the outbreak of green mould on Harlaxton Road bridge. Could someone get the CCE's office to check it out please?

Ah, yes ... I wonder who was gonna spot that first! A blob of plaster got on one of me fingers and I didn't notice until...

Edited by LNER4479
  • Like 1

A blob of plaster is nothing! The real bridge has many outbreaks of Nature on its brickwork.

As a fellow Yellow Belly, I can confirm that we have no problem with shear drops. Many a time have I missed the bottom step when descending from a Locomotive or Brakevan.

Paul 4475

• RMweb Gold

They are looking so good. When the layout is reassembled, it will be so realistic. All  the work is coming along so well, and it is forever amazing how all the different parts add together to create such realism.

With regards,

Rob.

Does Einstein know about this, or would Sir Isaac have got hit in a rather tender part of his anatomy rather than having something fall on his bonce.

Jamie

I may not be the quickest wit, but I've just realised how the legend of Newton would have changed. It would all be about plums instead of apples.......

• Like 1

Happy Christmas to You and Mrs4479, and all the best for the New Year.

Thanks Al,

All the best to you and yours over the festive season.

I'm enjoying seeing the work progressing on the Bakewell signals.

All the best for 2016

Santa seemed to think I'd like this for Christmas:

attachicon.gifGrammar book.jpg

Watch out, I'll be setting tests from time to time....

Ooh - ta!

That'll come in useful when I'm sat working on the layout...

attachicon.gifDSC_2814.JPG

A picture not previously shown; taken at Grantham in September...............

I take it you'll be doing your customary work over the holidays - I look forward to taking pictures. 

All the best,

Tony. 

Many thanks Tony for the additional picture.

Yes, working on the railway - but it's now getting to be lots of little things rather than any one single major project as in previous years.

That includes some loco projects - one of which is a surprise package - which I'll leave you in suspense about just for the time being!